Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2006, 19:52   #31
God Member

Re: What’s a nice thread?

It's not the mafia, that would indicate that it was only a small number of people - I just think you've successfully managed to p*ss most people off!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Last edited by Gayle; 24-09-2006 at 19:58.
Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-09-2006, 19:53   #32
Beacon of light

I don't know who dishes out negative karma...but I don't think they are part of a clique...or the Accyweb Mafia...they are just sad people who cannot live with someone else's point of view.
I have been part of Accyweb for quite a long time and I have only once given negative Karma.......I gave it out because the post was illegible.....spelling, punctuation etcetera......it just didn't make any sense at all.....I pointed this out to the recipient and I signed it. I would NEVER penalise someone with negative Karma for holding a different point of view to myself.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 19:56   #33
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
I don't know who dishes out negative karma...but I don't think they are part of a clique...or the Accyweb Mafia...they are just sad people who cannot live with someone else's point of view.
I have been part of Accyweb for quite a long time and I have only once given negative Karma.......I gave it out because the post was illegible.....spelling, punctuation etcetera......it just didn't make any sense at all.....I pointed this out to the recipient and I signed it. I would NEVER penalise someone with negative Karma for holding a different point of view to myself.
Thank's Margaret that is the point jambutty was trying to make.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 20:23   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W.
You are the epitomy of what jambutty said.
Well, because terms such as ‘clique’, ‘faction’ and other derogatory remarks are usually used by people who doubt their own value within group dynamics, you may well be correct ….. the problem therefore is yours.

If it makes me part of a ‘clique’ to take part in discussions on a forum message board (without the need to be argumentative just for the sake of it) and meet up with the members of that forum board as part of a social gathering then yes, I hold my hand up, I’m guilty of being part of an elite little group that is the great accyweb.
Old 24-09-2006, 21:41   #35
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Well, because terms such as ‘clique’, ‘faction’ and other derogatory remarks are usually used by people who doubt their own value within group dynamics, you may well be correct ….. the problem therefore is yours.

If it makes me part of a ‘clique’ to take part in discussions on a forum message board (without the need to be argumentative just for the sake of it) and meet up with the members of that forum board as part of a social gathering then yes, I hold my hand up, I’m guilty of being part of an elite little group that is the great accyweb.
Whatever you say angel, i'm only a geriatric old fool, don't seek to preach to me youv'e been nowhere, and if your contribution is to a----e with the clique, I suggest you get your own story line, with comments like that your going nowhere!
Old 24-09-2006, 21:53   #36
God Member

Quote:
I suggest you get your own story line, with comments like that your going nowhere!
If I could just make a little suggestion of my own? A reply that makes sense would be great chin chin
Old 24-09-2006, 22:05   #37
Resident Waffler

AccyWeb must be the biggest clique I've ever come across. If I hadn't already given out too much karma tonight Tinks and Margaret you could have some but it won't let me. I wish we could split our karma power up a bit so we could spread it out more.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 23:18   #38
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
If I could just make a little suggestion of my own? A reply that makes sense would be great chin chin
Stick with me and ill have you dripping in diamonds, file all these gems for future reference.
Old 24-09-2006, 23:21   #39
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
AccyWeb must be the biggest clique I've ever come across. If I hadn't already given out too much karma tonight Tinks and Margaret you could have some but it won't let me. I wish we could split our karma power up a bit so we could spread it out more.
Ask them that took fifteen points of hard earned karma off me, if I win them they are hard earned.
Old 25-09-2006, 07:28   #40
Resident Waffler

I don't get how that is a response to the post of mine that you quoted.

I'd just like to be able to split my power a bit so I can give more bits of karma to more people per day.

Old 25-09-2006, 07:35   #41
mez
God Member

hey ....i am the accyweb mafia (according to certain people) & i only give negative karma to the bad un's .......i get bad karma though ?
Old 25-09-2006, 08:04   #42
Resident Waffler

Mafia? Maybe it should be rafia..........that's a nice thread.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg rafia.jpg (35.5 KB, 40 views)

Old 25-09-2006, 13:01   #43
white rabbits

Quote:
Ask them that took fifteen points of hard earned karma off me, if I win them they are hard earned.
erm,, i gave you 15 points,, i am sure i diddent press the wrong button?and i did sign it g.c.
Old 25-09-2006, 13:22   #44
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
erm,, i gave you 15 points,, i am sure i diddent press the wrong button?and i did sign it g.c.
No argument GC it's just me growing more intollerant with advancing years, but it will come to them just as it came to you and I, 'not that i'm saying your intollerant'
Old 25-09-2006, 14:39   #45
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: What’s a nice thread?

My oh my the silly children have got the knives out. All anonymous of course!
dont be such a pain jam,jb,butty,jambut,jammy

When I grow up I’m going to be a proper little madam, just like you.

jb, jb, jb, jb,jb - now you've done it, if you'd have just kept quiet then none of us would have carried on calling you jb, jb.

It really is about time that some of the forum members grew up.

Unfortunately the Karma list only lists the last 10 awards WillowTheWisp and your award is not in them. I can’t remember when you made your award but that doesn’t mean to say that you didn’t make it. I just can’t remember. I will accept that you did and hopefully I would have thanked you for it. When I notice some new Karma I generally do say thanks. The actual Karma points are irrelevant, anonymous derogatory comments are relevant.

Sadly the Karma list doesn’t show the karma value so unless the comment has a name I have no idea where it came from.

So because I insist on people calling me by my proper user name that makes me touchy does it? Can I remind you that being touchy about a subject is expressing an opinion? But it would seem that I’m not allowed to have an opinion that a few others disagree with and they are trying to bully me into submission. I would sooner chew razor blades than bow to bullies.

Whether you respond to any of my future posts or not is your choice and you are perfectly entitled to make it. I couldn’t care less either way.
Quote:
The Accyweb mafia or clique is only in the minds of people who do not consider themselves to be a part of it. As it happens there is no such thing and it is those people themselves who are trying to perpetuate the myth.
I’ve had to read that several times to make sure that I read it right and one sentence contradicts the other Gayle. Actually I have never mentioned Mafia. But then I have come to expect some members to misquote me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..