Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2006, 14:45   #46
I am Banned

Re: What’s a nice thread?

eee by gum you keep digging that massive big hole for yourself JB
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-09-2006, 14:54   #47
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty
This forum has a number of cliques and factions that try to rule the roost. But then I suspect that you have noticed that too.

But as it is in place I may as well use it when and as I see fit because I accept that other members like the idea of being awarded good Karma and some self opinionated members preen themselves when they get some.

I don’t jump to wild or even tame conclusions. My conclusions are based on current known facts.
PMSL!!! karmer preening wtf is that when its at home i never preen for karmer i just get it given from various nice people of AW
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 15:41   #48
God Member

Quote:
Actually I have never mentioned Mafia. But then I have come to expect some members to misquote me.
I didn't misquote you, I just added it along with the the other total bulls**t remarks that have been said about accyweb.
Old 25-09-2006, 16:50   #49
Junior Member+

Blimey, sounds like a rumble goin down ere, Mafia? if your gonna take them on mate you'd better be proper tooled up Guv! anyways just stay outta my manor and we'll get on fine.
Big Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 17:54   #50
God Member

Quote:
Actually I have never mentioned Mafia. But then I have come to expect some members to misquote me.
As Tinks (I feel that I am able to call Tinkerbelle by a nickname as I don't think she would be offended by that) stated, she was the one to mention Mafia first, not me or you Jambutty (see how I use your full name correctly). You are so paranoid that you always assume that you are being quoted - correctly or incorrectly - that you fail to notice that there are other people having a discussion on here.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2006, 13:05   #51
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: What’s a nice thread?

In response to an anonymous and negative Karma comment for the thread “Thai Army 1 – Thai PM 0” I simply asked “What’s A Nice Thread?”

The nearest that anyone got to providing an answer was WillowTheWisp with a picture of some thread. Not exactly what I was looking for.

Other posts seemed to be more about negative Karma rather than the topic.

Then Less’ post referred to me as jam and Jambuttie and also declared in a smiley that “THIS TOPIC SUCKS”. Now that is not the nicest thing to state about a topic. In a further post Less tried to laugh it off by saying he didn’t mean it to refer to the topic but to his post. Never having had the ability to read minds I could only take “THIS TOPIC SUCKS” to mean – well “THIS TOPIC SUCKS”.

I don’t know about anyone else but the Amercanism SUCKS is a rather derogatory remark so I asked Less why he was adding to the thread if he thought it SUCKED. I also asked:
Quote:
By the way my user name is jambutty, not JB, jam, Jambuttie or anything else so please do me the courtesy of addressing me as jambutty.
A simple request put quite nicely I thought.

Less came back with a deliberate goad in large red letters, which I ignored.

Seeing as the thread had deviated into negative Karma I published three more awards with my comments about them.

The thread then degenerated into reasons why some people use ‘pet’ names for their friends and I felt that I was being bullied into accepting that they should be able to call me anything that they like for their own convenience. I countered that outlook and received three more anonymous and adverse comments for my trouble. Two of which went out of their way not to use my user name. I’ve seen more adult behaviour in a Kindergarten playground than you get from some people on this forum.

It is comforting to know that there are several qualified psychologists on this forum who can diagnose a mental condition on virtually no evidence whatsoever.

But some people still don’t get it!

All that I have asked for is that people use my user name and not anything else and also to put their name to comments that accompany a negative Karma award.

I don’t care about the system of Karma, Power and Ackers. I view it on the same level as getting a gold star whilst in Nursery School, although some members hold a great store in receiving Karma. I do care about anonymous and derogatory remarks that accompany a Karma award though.

I don’t care if members, who are friends off the forum and know each other well, call each other by whatever name comes to mind. It’s got nothing to do with me. But it seems like I am not allowed to have my own opinion on that issue because it clashes with the opinions of certain members, what I have labelled as a clique or faction (not Mafia). Although it appears that most members seem to agree that Karma comments without a name to them are the pits.

This is supposed to be a friendly forum and in the main it is but there is a clique or faction that maintain the friendliness but only if non clique or faction members agree with them or at least not disagree.

Woe betide anyone who happens to disagree. The clique closes ranks and at best the thread gets pulled off topic.

Now if anyone wants to argue against me then go ahead, it is your right to do so, but I will not respond unless any comments aimed at me are addressed to me – jambutty.

It won’t surprise me if one or two members go out of their way to use any name but jambutty. If they do I can only conclude that they like ‘talking’ to themselves.
Old 26-09-2006, 14:33   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
As Tinks (I feel that I am able to call Tinkerbelle by a nickname as I don't think she would be offended by that) .
Weeell Whilst we're being pedantic about user names I would rather you addressed me by my official title please Gayle.

Dr. T. Belle AFBPsS ........... Psychologist extraordinaire!!!

Sigmund Freud ain't a patch on me
Old 26-09-2006, 14:49   #53
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Jambutty, you ask What's a nice thread? I can tell you that this isn't a nice thread, it is a successful thread because it has managed to stir interest for four pages but nice? definitley not, it is a thread that is showing you in a light that is not very flattering.

Is this your true self? I don't know, but it is certainly someone that (as your other threads have shown), feels a great deal of bitterness towards the rest of the world and accyweb members in particular, I have not bothered quoting your last missive because it does not deserve mentioning twice.

I will once again ask, Jambutty please calm down, (at this point I know I've lost and I expect lots and lots of ranting in return), most of the time when you post we can recognise sincerity in your words, that does not mean that what you believe to be true is true, but until recently you have been tolerated whilst you have said it.

If members choose not to display their names to you I for one can understand why, like a little terrier you get hold of something and you will continue to 'worry', until the death, what you feel is unfair (to you).

I like to leave karma both negative and positive unsigned, because we have the choice and I choose not to give my name.

However, I don't under normal circumstances give anything but positive karma, but if you would care to look you will find today I will be making an exception, (unsigned 'cos I'm a Coward), at least that way you will know all those other unsigned karma's weren't me, (P.S. this is one I'm going to enjoy).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2006, 16:56   #54
Apprentice Geriatric

Much obliged for using my correct user name Less. Thank you for having the common courtesy to do so.
Quote:
Jambutty, you ask What's a nice thread? I can tell you that this isn't a nice thread, it is a successful thread because it has managed to stir interest for four pages but nice? definitley not, it is a thread that is showing you in a light that is not very flattering.
OK! Fine! You don’t think that this topic is a ‘nice’ topic. It’s a subjective opinion but none-the-less you are quite entitled to make it. This thread started off as a ‘nice’ topic but has degenerated into, not to put too fine a point on it, a slanging match. But it was not of my doing. I just responded to what was slung at me. Although maybe at my age maybe I should have known better.

My true self? Yes I guess it is. I fight my corner. I do not bow to bullies and my opinions are sincere and consistent even if they conflict with other views. I don’t know where you managed to find bitterness in my posts. I didn’t put it there. Maybe it is something to do with the “if you read between the lines”. The only thing between my lines is space.

I repeat again Less I am calm, very, very calm and always have been. In fact my natural calmness (or maybe that should be navy training) has often been mistaken for being cold and unfeeling. I don’t write in anger because that invariably leads to written nonsense. I wasn’t aware that posting on this forum was a competition though.
Quote:
If members choose not to display their names to you I for one can understand why, like a little terrier you get hold of something and you will continue to 'worry', until the death, what you feel is unfair (to you).
Am I wrong to stick to my guns if I feel that my view is the correct one and no one has been able to convince me otherwise? If I feel that something is unfair to me I will tackle the source. There is nothing to be gained by whinging to a neighbour.

I accept that signing a Karma award is voluntary but derogatory comments without a signature deserve to be challenged. I am not ashamed of anything that I might state or write and I am happy to put my name to it. Others seem to prefer the sneak thief in the night attitude and that is rather sad.

So you enjoy giving negative Karma. That says a lot about you, doesn’t it?

THIS POST SUCKS, Guess who?
I’ve got no idea it wasn’t signed. And I don’t jump to conclusions without verifiable evidence, unlike some people on this forum.

YOU were the one who jumped to the conclusion that Less missspelled your name on purpose as an insult now you are offended that other people have poked fun at that. Psychiatrists? Have YOU seen one lately.
Begging your tardy pardon your *!!*ship. Tugs forelock and indicates that I can still draw a long bow with either hand.
Old 26-09-2006, 17:02   #55
Give, give, give member

Nice?

Who wants nice?

Nice is boring.

Although we have had some vastly different differences of opinion, I enjoy your threads Jambutty. They may not be 'nice', but are never boring.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2006, 17:05   #56
Give, give, give member

On reading this thread I'm so glad I was out of the country, with no internet access.

I wanna be in the 'mafia'.

Old 26-09-2006, 17:13   #57
Apprentice Geriatric

Thanks garinda. That comment deserves some Karma.
Old 26-09-2006, 17:33   #58
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Dr. T. Belle AsBo ........... Psychologist extraordinaire!!!
I think you got the letters wrong after your name Miss T.Belle. I have corrected them for you.
Old 26-09-2006, 17:59   #59
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Thanks garinda. That comment deserves some Karma.
Thank you.

I'm filling up...but that still won't stop me arguing with you, when I'm right and you are wrong.

Old 26-09-2006, 19:16   #60
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda

I wanna be in the 'mafia'.

I thought you were the Godfather

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..