Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2008, 10:59   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Looking for odd things to do in summer...

Shame you are not home next Wednesday 9.30 a.m. Blazey, Gayle is pleading for people to help to clean up Pet's Corner at Rhyddings to make it look at its best for the Orchestral event in the park on the 15th.

Without any sarcasm and innuendos from Neil about the goat and the cocks... , bet you would have done this.

Still suppose they will be looking all year round for help .. no money involved though I presume.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-06-2008, 12:31   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Shame you are not home next Wednesday 9.30 a.m. Blazey, Gayle is pleading for people to help to clean up Pet's Corner at Rhyddings to make it look at its best for the Orchestral event in the park on the 15th.

Without any sarcasm and innuendos from Neil about the goat and the cocks... , bet you would have done this.

Still suppose they will be looking all year round for help .. no money involved though I presume.
You nearly have as low of an opinion of Neil as I do kate (we like you really Neil)
Old 07-06-2008, 13:05   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You nearly have as low of an opinion of Neil as I do kate (we like you really Neil)
Course we like him really Jaysay, he is just a Pussycat .. just pre-empting him ..

When my son came home for the Summer during his first year at Uni (had jobs in Manchester already) .. he contacted the Cummins Mellor Agency in Accrington 01254 239100. They were very helpful, and found him two temp. jobs, which helped with the funds. This was 6 years ago though, so not sure what they are like now.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 13:36   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone fancies anything doing for them in summer for a bit of cash?

Maybe you need someone to go shopping for you or your elderly relatives, maybe take the kids to the park for a few hours or just general unskilled type stuff.

I have a very recently done CRB check, and am open to considering anything you may think of, even if its just the odd spot of cleaning or something. Minimum wage is fine of course, but I may be willing to work for less depending on what the job is.

Send me a PM anyway if you think you might have something I could do for you over the summer period. Would prefer that questions and responses were kept to personal messages please.
\
I have read and re read this post and it seems to me that you are clearly encouraging would be employers to break the law by employing someone on a wage below National Minimum wage levels
I am astounded how can a law student approve of let alone encourage something that is illegal?
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 13:47   #20
Senior Member+

i think she is referring to babysitting or helping people around the house, that kind of thing, not an actual job.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 13:56   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
i think she is referring to babysitting or helping people around the house, that kind of thing, not an actual job.
Legally it sounds like she is asking for a job.
Re reading the original post again I see she is asking for 'cash'. Can I use this opportunity to remind everyone that the Inland Revenue expect us all to declare ALL earned income including cash payments
Old 07-06-2008, 14:32   #22

OMG, it'll be against the law for kids to earn a quid for wahing the car next.

Or the Scouts will be offering VAT receipts for bob-a-job

Good on ya Blazey for trying. I would ask for a baby sitter, except a) I dont go out much and b) God knows what the likkle one will be spouting after a night witth you lol x
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 16:20   #23
God Member

I don't intend on being EMPLOYED by anybody, just offering a hand around peoples homes in return for a couple of quid or a cup of tea and a chat! I intend on volunteering during the summer anyway, but I thought it'd be nice to offer fellow accywebbers if they need a hand with anything.

I suppose it could be suggested that I am offering to contract my services to those who need it. Students can earn quite a bit before being taxed, and I am sure a couple of quid isn't going to be taxworthy.

I find it odd how you presume law students should persuade people to stick to the law though. jobs in the legal field are few as it is without encouraging people to not break the law. Fair enough if I was in the police force

Anyway, I am not asking to be employed, it wont go on my CV as my job history, it is simply offering a helping hand and being given in return what you see fit. It doesn't have to be money.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 17:41   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
OMG, it'll be against the law for kids to earn a quid for wahing the car next.

Or the Scouts will be offering VAT receipts for bob-a-job

Good on ya Blazey for trying. I would ask for a baby sitter, except a) I dont go out much and b) God knows what the likkle one will be spouting after a night witth you lol x
Technically Scouts will be fine as long as they declare their income and they will not offer VAT receipts as they are are a registered charity.
Old 07-06-2008, 18:40   #25

penny for a guy?
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 20:53   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
penny for a guy?
Doddgy area I think. If the money is collected on a voluntary basis for a charity then it should be ok, but if the money is collected by individuals - regardless of their age then I would guess it should be declared as self employed earnings. Remember even children, and students, can only 'earn' up to the single persons allowance level, the IR does not discriminate according to age and lack of knowledge is no defence.
Old 07-06-2008, 21:01   #27
God Member

I am a student, tax applies differently to students so then they can actually earn decent money without paying it all back to the government.

Obviously this depends what tasks people want me to do for them anyway, this was meant to be an advert offering services out of good faith and kindness. I don't think I know anybody who messes around with tax when it comes to babysitters who are just doing it on a one off basis, nor do I expect people report people who are doing shopping for the elderly.

If they do, I personally think that person must have some severe moral problems. Do you expect an elderly person to start accounting every time they get someone a bit more agile to do their shopping for them for a tenner on the side or whatever? Seems like the tax office would think their time was being wasted if you ask me!?
Old 08-06-2008, 06:38   #28
Resting in Peace

Don't worry Blazey you would have no problems declaring earnings to the inland revenue if you work for less all his money will be spent in the pub you would get nothing from him believe me.
He might if your lucky buy you a drink though.
but you have to make it last while he has his 4 pints.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:41   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Don't worry Blazey you would have no problems declaring earnings to the inland revenue if you work for less all his money will be spent in the pub you would get nothing from him believe me.
He might if your lucky buy you a drink though.
but you have to make it last while he has his 4 pints.
I just have nothing to do over the summer I have 2 works planned, one working as a student ambassador on some summer schemes here in Lancaster and one shadowing a barrister. Just need something to fill the rest of it now!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:17   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I am a student, tax applies differently to students so then they can actually earn decent money without paying it all back to the government.

I think you have been misinformed.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..