Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2008, 12:03   #46
God Member

Re: Looking for odd things to do in summer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
http://www.e4s.co.uk/docs/student-tax.htm

I found this information on student tax... think it basically says I wouldn't pay any tax... unless someone intends on paying me very richly for doing their shopping.

Like I said earlier, same scheme as anyone else who works legitamatley
Old 09-06-2008, 14:17   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
It's not quite the same, because a student who has a job for the holidays should be allocated a different tax code to the rest of us, which enables the summer job to be paid without tax deductions (reducing the need for a rebate of overpaid tax at the end of the tax year). However, this will only happen if the correct forms are completed at the recruitment stage. A P38s is a declaration for students working during the summer holiday only and will generate a nil tax code. A P45 is the declaration form which will generate a basic rate tax code and each week's pay will be taxed based on an equivalent annual salary.
Old 09-06-2008, 17:49   #48
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
What is your problem exactly? You haven't even spoken to me personally for 6 years so what would you even know about me.
MY PROBLEM??....Iv not got a problem....you have
Also iv known ya since ya was born!! and as for not speaking to you properly for 6 years...lol, dont be daft!

if anyone knows you better on here i think its me dont you?, apart from your mum!
a Leopard dont change its spots do they!
Old 09-06-2008, 19:05   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
MY PROBLEM??....Iv not got a problem....you have
Also iv known ya since ya was born!! and as for not speaking to you properly for 6 years...lol, dont be daft!

if anyone knows you better on here i think its me dont you?, apart from your mum!
a Leopard dont change its spots do they!
I rarely see you , and yes, most people change when they grow from child to adult, unless of course you don't do anything to change.

Andrewb and Shakermaker both know me better than you for a start, so no, you aren't the most knowledgeable on me. Hate to burst your bubble.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 19:07   #50
God Member

Quote:
I thought people who work legitimately pay National Insurance contributions straight away... I've always had to if I have had to pay emergency tax...

or do you think I have never had a job to know how the tax system works? Because as I have said before, I have been a full tax payer at one point.
Old 09-06-2008, 19:10   #51
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
I rarely see you , and yes, most people change when they grow from child to adult, unless of course you don't do anything to change.

Andrewb and Shakermaker both know me better than you for a start, so no, you aren't the most knowledgeable on me. Hate to burst your bubble.
yeh yeh you keep telling yourself that

LOL
Old 09-06-2008, 20:52   #52
God Member

Quote:
I thought people who work legitimately pay National Insurance contributions straight away... I've always had to if I have had to pay emergency tax...

or do you think I have never had a job to know how the tax system works? Because as I have said before, I have been a full tax payer at one point.
I was referring to the fact there is a massive industry in this country where people don't work legitamately and those people don't pay tax or NI ( and probably claim benefits as well )
Old 10-06-2008, 14:28   #53
God Member

Quote:
I was referring to the fact there is a massive industry in this country where people don't work legitamately and those people don't pay tax or NI ( and probably claim benefits as well )
and implying that I am part of such industry too with the sounds of it. I am volunteering all of the summer if nobody on accyweb needs me, if I was doing this for easy money I'd just get a normal 9 to 5 job instead.

I just assume that there are people who would like a hand with things they wouldn't normally be able to afford or manage by themselves, or get lonely and fancy a bit of company or whatever. I offer my services to people who just need an extra pair of hands once in a while and all of a sudden I am being attacked by people who just seem to want something to complain about.

This isn't a personal rant at you dave, just in general because it is a shame that people cant just accept that somebody wants to do something out of goodwill for once.
Old 10-06-2008, 14:57   #54
God Member

Quote:
and implying that I am part of such industry too with the sounds of it.
How could I imply that if you aren't working anyway

I'll not bother explaining what I meant.
Old 10-06-2008, 18:20   #55
Senior Member+

Back to the original thread and not descending into name calling...... Thanks Blazey, I would certainly allow you to babysit/look after Moon, if the opportunity arises and I have the dosh I will call on your services ! Cheers and good luck.
Old 10-06-2008, 22:02   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Back to the original thread and not descending into name calling...... Thanks Blazey, I would certainly allow you to babysit/look after Moon, if the opportunity arises and I have the dosh I will call on your services ! Cheers and good luck.
Thanks Lindsay.
Old 10-06-2008, 22:25   #57

Quote:
Thanks Lindsay.
Cheeky Mare, Im sure I sort of offered as well in a roundabout sort of way early in the thread, its just i dont go anywhere lol
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 22:54   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
Cheeky Mare, Im sure I sort of offered as well in a roundabout sort of way early in the thread, its just i dont go anywhere lol
I'm pretty sure you suggested I'd teach your kiddies to say bad things?!
Old 11-06-2008, 23:12   #59
God Member

whatever happened to 'starving students' seems to me once upon a time students were glad to pickup temp jobs, christmas post delivery and fruit picking during the summer ,to eke out their meagre council grants, now it seems they are all 'trust fund babies' who have enough money to eat 3 or 4 meals a day and loll around all summer . Seems labour is taking great care of the college crowd
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 23:21   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
whatever happened to 'starving students' seems to me once upon a time students were glad to pickup temp jobs, christmas post delivery and fruit picking during the summer ,to eke out their meagre council grants, now it seems they are all 'trust fund babies' who have enough money to eat 3 or 4 meals a day and loll around all summer . Seems labour is taking great care of the college crowd
My student ambassador job is very well paid, so it will be enough to feed me for two lengths of summer holidays if necessary, and I don't need to pay my mum any board or anything like that, she's just glad I'm not a chav.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..