Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

Turtle 20-08-2014 22:21

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1114097)
Him indoors is starving so I have to get a move on and post my first set from Lake Garda - more folk doing the things they do, this time by the lake... (Will catch up all the rest of your posts later or I'll be in trouble :D )

Lovely candid shots Diane. I could sit by that lake all day and be happy :)

Turtle 20-08-2014 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1114060)
As I mentioned the other day, a couple more from our "Trekkerish" week-end. :)

Sunshine, blue sky
- Ideal for perfectly serviceable Airyplanes to be buzzing about - So why, oh why, jump out? - Meanwhile back on Terra Firma, household appliances for the modern busy Mum who happens to live on a farm - Size, really is important ...... for comparison - A Borgward/Büssing one of only 165 produced - Aah, Fallow Deer grazing. :)

Looks like a good time!

Turtle 20-08-2014 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1114082)
Top marks again DiG, proper country fair.

I ventured into my garden today, first fresh air for five days, to try to get a photo of the butterflies around the "budlia?" tree but they were too high for me so when this little chap invited me to take his photo I obliged him. He flew away before I had time to get his email address so I can't send him a copy.

The focus is so sharp it 'cuts your eye!'
Sorry to hear you've been poorly, Gremlin.

Turtle 20-08-2014 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1114132)
Here are my pics from today.

1&2. A misty Dowry Reservoir, near Saddleworth.
3&4. The moors were a bit eerie this morning.
5. Heckington windmill having the sails put back on.
6-8. A couple of planes from RAF Cranwell.
9. Stacks of hay bales.
10. Coming back through the Peak District.

Wow - really super shots! I like the misty ones too, closely followed by number 10. All are good, though :)

Turtle 20-08-2014 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1114142)
Today in Pictures, a look around Milnshaw Park, have to say not much photographically very few flowers, not much of a view and the only people using it were people coming and going to Asda. It looks like its glory days are long gone.

First few Milnshaw, the wet bits are Hagg Lodge at the Hyndburn Road end.

You managed to tease out some nice shots, regardless, Dave. I do like number 4 :)

mobertol 21-08-2014 13:49

10 Attachment(s)
A walk round Villa di Gargnano early last Sunday morning. The yellow house in the first photo is 'Villa Igea' where DHLawrence stayed for 6 months from September 1912 - it is where he finished the final draft of 'Sons & Lovers' - inspiring place to write as I hope you will agree from the photos. The rooftop shot, showing where most of the little streets in todays photos are, was taken from the church terrace as seen yesterday in the photos of the man was reading his paper and contemplating the lake. :)

gpick24 21-08-2014 18:19

5 Attachment(s)
Weather was a bit rubbish today, so not a full set..

1. Windey road through Blubberhouses.
2. Can`t remember name of the river.
3. Grouse.
4. A trio of Mantas.
5. Back home the Yorkshire Dales National Park.

Margaret Pilkington 21-08-2014 18:21

Is it the Ouse?

gpick24 21-08-2014 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1114244)
Is it the Ouse?

Traced my route on google maps (I had a general idea where it was but was being lazy earlier), it`s the River Allen.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.92...PPTA!2e0?hl=en

DaveinGermany 21-08-2014 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1114244)
Is it the Ouse?

Looks like its flowing quite freely to me. :D

Gremlin 21-08-2014 19:17

In 1970 two airmen ran off the road coming down to Blubberhouses, they landed in the river on their left, they were heading back to camp at Leaming bar.
The car was never removed and I remember seeing it slowly rot away until you could just make out the steering column and engine through the bramble.
It was only just visible from the cab of a Scammell.
I used that road for 30 years at work.
There is nowhere to stop and park to have a look.

gpick24 21-08-2014 19:27

Very tight on there for you lot in your big wagons, I bet there`s many a wing mirror been clipped on that stretch.

Gremlin 21-08-2014 20:54

Go back even as near as the 70, and the road went over the tiny bridge at Bolton Abbey and meandered through farm yards.
It improved when they bypassed Bolton Abbey and widened and made new stretches of road all the way up.
The drop down to Blubberhouses is not much different today.
Hopper lane was a pig in wet weather with a tanker load of caustic .
SG 1.5. Tanker only half full for max weight, load ran to back of tank, weight came of driving axle on unit , wheels spin, job stops.
We use to come down the hill making sure the road was clear than boot it flat put towards Hopper lane hill hoping you didn't miss a gear on the old crash box.

davemac 21-08-2014 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1114219)
A walk round Villa di Gargnano early last Sunday morning. The yellow house in the first photo is 'Villa Igea' where DHLawrence stayed for 6 months from September 1912 - it is where he finished the final draft of 'Sons & Lovers' - inspiring place to write as I hope you will agree from the photos. The rooftop shot, showing where most of the little streets in todays photos are, was taken from the church terrace as seen yesterday in the photos of the man was reading his paper and contemplating the lake. :)

All that space and the houses are packed in, never the less giving some interesting photos.

davemac 21-08-2014 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1114243)
Weather was a bit rubbish today, so not a full set..

1. Windey road through Blubberhouses.
2. Can`t remember name of the river.
3. Grouse.
4. A trio of Mantas.
5. Back home the Yorkshire Dales National Park.

number two has a great tree density and variety.