Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hints/Tips/Advice (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/)
-   -   Mirtazapine tablets (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/mirtazapine-tablets-34458.html)

flashy 30-10-2007 15:28

Mirtazapine tablets

Last week i went to the doctors about my anti depressants not working as they should, i've had something going on in my life recently that i couldnt cope with and it was making me ill and i needed it sorting out, so the doctor thought it would be a good idea to try me on these tablets, they are only 15 mg....
she told me to come off my other anti depressants slowly then start taking these at night...
so last night was the first night in which i was supposed to start them....
9.30:- i took the tablet
10.00 pm:- i was fast asleep till---------11 am this morning, now on these tablets it says 'may cause drowsiness' yes i expected to feel a bit drowsy before going to sleep...BUT NOT LIKE THIS, woke up at 11 this morning, had a drink, by 11.15 i was back asleep again, woke up at 3pm, been awake ever since and i feel really wierd, my head is very heavy and i feel like someone has two hands on my head and is pushing me towards the ground, just had a coffee but even that isnt working, i could quite happily go to sleep for the rest of the night

i WILL NOT be taking these tablets again and as soon as i feel well enough i will be going back to the doctors

it also says in the instructions 'may cause weight gain' YEAH IF YOU CAN STAY AWAKE LONG ENOUGH TO EAT SOMETHING

has anyone else taken these?

please excuse me if there are any spelling mistakes in this waffle, as i'm still doped up i cant be arsed checking

BERNADETTE 30-10-2007 15:32

Re: Mirtazapine tablets

Never taken them Flashy but as you say I would not take any more till you have seen the doctor. 15mg is to strong you should only be on 5mg to start off.

flashy 30-10-2007 15:33

its awful Bernie, ive never felt like this before, i feel so doped up its unreal

BERNADETTE 30-10-2007 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 486609)
its awful Bernie, ive never felt like this before, i feel so doped up its unreal

The highest dose Ian ever had was 10mg, he is down to 5mg. He reckons you should start off on 2mg, to see how you go. Can you not ring the surgery and ask to speak to the doc? If he isn't available ask if they can get him to ring back ASAP.

WillowTheWhisp 30-10-2007 15:38

Never heard of them but it doesn't sound good. I think you're right not to take any more and see the doc again asap. Are you sure the prescription was for 15mg? Is it possible the chemist could have made a mistake?

garinda 30-10-2007 15:39

I take them. Parkinson's Disease, and the drugs I take as well, mean I don't sleep for up to three days sometimes. Miratazapine were prescribed, and do help me sleep a lot better, though they are very strong, and if I didn't have Parkinson's I know they'd knock me out too much.

I have a friend who was recommended Folic Acid, which is supposed to benefit Parkinson's, but also depression. They didn't work for me, so I now have a year's supply that I bought, and you are welcome to try them. The good thing is they're natural, with no side effects, so might be worth a go.

If you're going to the next meet let me know, and I'll bring them for you to try.

flashy 30-10-2007 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 486611)
The highest dose Ian ever had was 10mg, he is down to 5mg. He reckons you should start off on 2mg, to see how you go. Can you not ring the surgery and ask to speak to the doc? If he isn't available ask if they can get him to ring back ASAP.

just rung docs and the receptionist said that she'll get the doctor to ring me back around 7 ish

WillowTheWhisp 30-10-2007 15:42

I just did a Google and it says that 15mg is the usual starting dose so maybe you are particularly susceptible to the side effects.

garinda 30-10-2007 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 486615)
I just did a Google and it says that 15mg is the usual starting dose so maybe you are particularly susceptible to the side effects.

I was prescribed 15mgs to start with, but am now on 30mgs.

Flashy I really wouldn't take anymore.

I've been prescribed drugs that have made me projectile vomit, see hallucinations of old men shouting at me, as well as rats talking to me. :eek:

There are lots of different drugs, and you need to find the right one that is going to help you, not make you feel worse.:)

flashy 30-10-2007 15:47

i really dont know how druggies get on if they LIKE feeling like this all the time, its horrible, its Reece i feel sorry for, poor lad has had to fend for himself today, all i wanna do is sleep

garinda 30-10-2007 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 486619)
i really dont know how druggies get on if they LIKE feeling like this all the time, its horrible, its Reece i feel sorry for, poor lad has had to fend for himself today, all i wanna do is sleep

Don't take anymore. It will wear off eventually.

Try to drink a lot of water to flush your system out, and try and eat something.

BERNADETTE 30-10-2007 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 486614)
just rung docs and the receptionist said that she'll get the doctor to ring me back around 7 ish

At least you are getting somewhere, Garinda is the one to listen to as he knows of the tablets. Let us know what the doc says.

flashy 30-10-2007 15:55

thanks Gary, i'll try drinking something, just hope i wake up itnime to sort Reece out for school in the morning, i'm DEFINATELY NOT going to take anymore

flashy 30-10-2007 15:56

thanx Bernie and Willow, i'm going to go back to bed now

garinda 30-10-2007 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 486629)
thanks Gary, i'll try drinking something, just hope i wake up itnime to sort Reece out for school in the morning, i'm DEFINATELY NOT going to take anymore

Keep some water by your bed.

Hopefully you will feel much better tomorrow.

Good luck hun, x