Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2008, 09:53   #16
God Member

Re: outdoor tap

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
yep, I'm sure some burly bloke will be happy to break it down for you. Angle grinder/Stihl saw anyone?

Entwisi i dont want anyone to break my backdoor down for me ta very much
Old 01-04-2008, 09:54   #17
Senior Member+

Can you not get lock changed flashy?
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:55   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Can you not get lock changed flashy?

i could Em, but it will cost me £80
Old 01-04-2008, 09:56   #19
Senior Member+

Is it UPVC door (or whatever they are lol) Have you rung round for that?
Old 01-04-2008, 09:57   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Is it UPVC door (or whatever they are lol) Have you rung round for that?

yeah its upvc type thingy lol havent rung around but thats what twin valley have quoted me, it was my bro who lost all the keys, everytime i gave him one he lost it, hey not to worry
Old 01-04-2008, 09:59   #21
Resting in Peace

make him pay for new lock then see if he loses keys again you need back door to open in case of fire

Last edited by Ber999T; 01-04-2008 at 10:00. Reason: more info
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:59   #22
Senior Member+

Whe i lost my keys i got a friend to fit new lock (although did have a key so it was easy for him to do) the new lock cost me £20 but i dont know if that is what it cost them or they put a bit more on. I know theyve to drill the barrel to get it out if there is no key which might be why it cost but I would ring round and get it sorted at some point, you never know when your gonna need to use it lol
Old 01-04-2008, 10:01   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ber999T View Post
make him pay for new lock then see if he loses keys again you need back door to open in case of fire

your joking right? he owes me £100 for some things he got out of my catalogue, i'm having to pay it all back because stupid me didnt get him to sign anything, he's an arse and i dont like him
Old 01-04-2008, 14:45   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i bought one of the tap kits over 12 months ago but never got around to getting it fitted, can anyone do them? anyone fancy fitting mine for me?

PLEEEEEASE
I will do it for you it will only take about half an hour if you send me a message I will give you my number so we can sort it out.
Darwenred1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 16:10   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwenred1968 View Post
I will do it for you it will only take about half an hour if you send me a message I will give you my number so we can sort it out.

ah excellent, that'd be great cheers

oh by the way, i dont have the right tools for the job
Old 01-04-2008, 16:46   #26
I am Banned

Hi glasgow guy

There is an easy way to drill through Nori brick, I first of all regrind masonry drills so that they are like drills for steel, then switch the hammer action OFF, thats what buggers masonry drills up. I reground all mine, from the smallest at 5mm to the biggest at 22 mm which is near 3 ft long and never had any more problems, just occasinal regrinding, before the drill bit gets hot, a lot of people ruin their electric drill with blunt drill bits.

Retlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
I fitted my own tap - probably like the one you have bought and it was a nightmare to get through lovely nori brick...as someone already said you need more than 1 drill bit to start off ..small hole - then bigger etc...my poor drill was practically smoking by the time I got through !!
and if it wasnt for the fact I am building a pergola swing for the baby boy I would do it for you...not much help to you I know - but maybe your as well as phoning an odd job man in the paper to do it..save a lot of faffing about..
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 16:48   #27
Senior Member+

Hey, youve got someone to fit your tap, how come I could never find anyone to hang some wallpaper for me (only wanted 1 wall doing but I dont like ladders) Its just not fair lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..