Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2008, 07:58   #1
God Member

outdoor tap

i bought one of the tap kits over 12 months ago but never got around to getting it fitted, can anyone do them? anyone fancy fitting mine for me?

PLEEEEEASE
Old 31-03-2008, 08:32   #2
Senior Member+

Re: outdoor tap

I bought mine over 18 months ago and i have a fella who is more than capable of fitting it! his excuse was that he didnt have the right drill bit (the big massive one to go through the wall) so i bought him one now his excuse is that he dont have the smaller one "because you cant just drill a hole you know!" you need a guide hole and blagh blagh blagh like i care just fit the flippin tap! lol

So its no good me lending you my fella to fit it! in fact he would probably have yours done in half an hour its just stuff i need doing that he can seem to do my half a job bob!.
Old 31-03-2008, 09:45   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i bought one of the tap kits over 12 months ago but never got around to getting it fitted, can anyone do them? anyone fancy fitting mine for

PLEEEEEASE
I'm sure there are lots of gentlemen on here who would fit your tap for you, I would volnteer in a flash() but the old pump ain't working that well at the moment
Old 31-03-2008, 10:56   #4
Senior Member+

I'd offer flashy but i couldnt even put a shelf up, had to get someone round to do that for me lol
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 11:39   #5
God Member

lol thanx you lot, i've been in the garden for the last 3 hours burning hedges, now my hands are ripped to shreds and mi fires gone out will someone please feel sorry for me and come and fit mi tap
Old 31-03-2008, 11:50   #6
God Member

Why not go Green and invest in a Water Butt

Best £15 I ever invested

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 12:46   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Why not go Green and invest in a Water Butt

Best £15 I ever invested

thats all good and well Reece cant wash cars from water butt water can he? lol
Old 31-03-2008, 12:55   #8
God Member

If you are a tenant you might need permission before having one put in, because it needs a hole through the wall.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 14:38   #9
God Member

Or as I did, fit it inside as a convienient connection point and run the hosepipe out the back door on the days I want to use it.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 15:00   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Or as I did, fit it inside as a convienient connection point and run the hosepipe out the back door on the days I want to use it.

Same here, one of those fittings that self tap in to the pipe and a push fit connector on.
Old 31-03-2008, 17:24   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Same here, one of those fittings that self tap in to the pipe and a push fit connector on.

yeah thats what i have Dave, one problem with the back door thing though, i lost mi keys for it years ago so now i cant open it
Old 31-03-2008, 20:22   #12
Senior Member+

I fitted my own tap - probably like the one you have bought and it was a nightmare to get through lovely nori brick...as someone already said you need more than 1 drill bit to start off ..small hole - then bigger etc...my poor drill was practically smoking by the time I got through !!
and if it wasnt for the fact I am building a pergola swing for the baby boy I would do it for you...not much help to you I know - but maybe your as well as phoning an odd job man in the paper to do it..save a lot of faffing about..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 20:50   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
I fitted my own tap - probably like the one you have bought and it was a nightmare to get through lovely nori brick...as someone already said you need more than 1 drill bit to start off ..small hole - then bigger etc...my poor drill was practically smoking by the time I got through !!
and if it wasnt for the fact I am building a pergola swing for the baby boy I would do it for you...not much help to you I know - but maybe your as well as phoning an odd job man in the paper to do it..save a lot of faffing about..

ah thats true, thanx for that GG
Old 31-03-2008, 22:52   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

never mind the tap get that back door sorted out first. What if you have a fire near the front door?
Old 01-04-2008, 09:01   #15
God Member

yep, I'm sure some burly bloke will be happy to break it down for you. Angle grinder/Stihl saw anyone?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..