Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2010, 10:44   #181
Resting in Peace

Re: 1st pint, 1st local.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
If they're out with me they get half a mild and a bag of cheese and onion with instructions to sit in the corner and keep quiet while I finish my game of darts with t'lads.
Reminds me of the time I dated this lass Tealeaf, went in the Big Crown in accy before attending Joe Morts, gets to the bar and asked her what she wanted to drink, Brandy and Babycham please My reply, barman Pint of bitter and half of your finest Mild please sir
Old 10-06-2010, 10:53   #182
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Reminds me of the time I dated this lass Tealeaf, went in the Big Crown in accy before attending Joe Morts, gets to the bar and asked her what she wanted to drink, Brandy and Babycham please My reply, barman Pint of bitter and half of your finest Mild please sir
Sucker ya had much to learn, i picked em up in the dancehall, sod buying there drinks, until ya knew the score.
Old 10-06-2010, 14:59   #183
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Sucker ya had much to learn, i picked em up in the dancehall, sod buying there drinks, until ya knew the score.
Ya but I was a gentleman cashy, but not a Brandy and Babycham gentleman
Old 10-06-2010, 22:04   #184

Anybody remember drinking cider and green ginger in the jazz/folk club on Burnley rd? Never come across this drink anywhere else but it was the "in" drink up there in the 60s.
Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 22:12   #185
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Remember the "Jazz Club" bella, but never supped that muck.
Old 10-06-2010, 22:21   #186

Never drunk it since but thought it was pretty good at the time. Another way of getting drunk quickly and cheaply was half a tartan bitter followed by a cherry b! Happy days!
Old 10-06-2010, 22:31   #187

Smile Re: 1st pint, 1st local.

Another favourite was half a tartan bitter followed by a cherry b - in Bulloughs club on Blackburn rd - think thats what it was called.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:31   #188
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Remember the "Jazz Club" bella, but never supped that muck.
Well I was a regular too cashy and I never came across that either, thank god
Old 11-06-2010, 09:38   #189
Resting in Peace

Talking about concoctions, drinking in the Bay Horse in the sixties we had a drink called Tanglefoot (don't ask) Half of bitter half of larger topped up with a double whisky, Think if Alf Nobel hadn't already used the word dynamite, we might just have stolen it, that did put hairs on our chest, and that was only the lasses
Old 15-06-2010, 19:02   #190

Quote:
If they're out with me they get half a mild and a bag of cheese and onion with instructions to sit in the corner and keep quiet while I finish my game of darts with t'lads.
Riveting game darts. Bet the women are swarming around you for the crisps, cheese and onion to boot. WOW!
kikine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 20:17   #191
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Talking about concoctions, drinking in the Bay Horse in the sixties we had a drink called Tanglefoot (don't ask) Half of bitter half of larger topped up with a double whisky, Think if Alf Nobel hadn't already used the word dynamite, we might just have stolen it, that did put hairs on our chest, and that was only the lasses
Did the half Lager/half Bitter thing, but kept the whisky seperate, only we called it "Golden" asked for it down South & they reckoned it was a "Mickey Mouse" just an afterthought Lager & Cider "Snakebite" or "Brown Bitter" half Bitter/half Brown Ale.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 15-06-2010 at 20:20.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 21:16   #192
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Trust the Bay Horse oiks to ruin good whiskey.
Old 15-06-2010, 21:45   #193
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikine View Post
Riveting game darts. Bet the women are swarming around you for the crisps, cheese and onion to boot. WOW!
Aye. Why not? There's nowt better than a woman likes than to know her place.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 10:18   #194
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Aye. Why not? There's nowt better than a woman likes than to know her place.
Well we all know why there is a deep plinth in kitchen units, so women can get nearer to the sink
Old 16-06-2010, 10:20   #195
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Trust the Bay Horse oiks to ruin good whiskey.
Its eveident you've never tasted the ale in't Bay Horse cashy

« Bands | The Vulcan »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..