Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2004, 18:46   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Good old Accyweb

I know someone (no names ) that used jam in his tea !! if he had no suger
Accrington Web
Old 26-06-2004, 19:06   #17
Senior Member+

Have to agree with you on the black ones, only thing is they make your mouth very dry.
Old 26-06-2004, 19:45   #18
Member.

Sarsaparilla pop in a earth jug at home or little bottles of Milk at school – then we had those funny Mobo shaped things – sometimes we got orange juice….Sorry Janet I’m back home 30 odd years ago…..

I am going to school up at Green Howarth, it weren’t that far from Miller Fold, but if you had little legs it seemed to be miles. Half way up on the bend was a little shop they sold Sports Mixtures from a brown cardboard box or you could have Fruit Salads. I always thought that the box made them special. Over road from the shop was the Red Lion, I can still smell the stale ale that use hang in the air each morning. Then on we went up to the school, we always use to stop and have a drink of stone cold water from the well that was built in to the wall opposite school house lane.

I remember a little old man the live on the row of cottages a side the Red Lion, he use to pass us walking back from the well with his pale of water.

One day my legs grew in to the right length to fit my mums old (by then) 1930s push bike. I only used it twice, My mate Ivor Lloyd borrowed it one day to go home from school, I think he was ill are something, anyway I walked up to his dads Farm up over top of Cross Edge. No one was there so I got my on my bike and set off.

I was going a fair crack when I notice the brakes weren’t working, faster and faster the bloody thing went and I couldn’t stop, I was laughing my head off and s****** myself at the same time, faster and faster…Then I saw a gap in the little retaining wall that held the bank back, about 25 yards just before you reach the pub. I aimed for it and shot up the little path that had developed over the years only to hit a big chunk of stone. Bang. It hurt, oh god it hurt, but I was still laughing when managed to stand up again. Memories eh...Sorry I couldn’t stop myself

Last edited by Doug; 26-06-2004 at 19:56.
Old 26-06-2004, 19:45   #19
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

isn't this where the above subjects should be discussed? http://www.uktextlinks.com/goframe.p...0&id=13&ids=12
Old 26-06-2004, 19:49   #20
Member.

I don't like Jam Less...lol...Anyway its Janet's fault, she led me astray.
Old 26-06-2004, 21:26   #21
Accrington Web Mascot

I got told off twice for going off thread - and it wasn't even as far off as this one! - can we get back to the subject pls?
Old 26-06-2004, 21:32   #22
Member.

I've forgotten what it was.....Sorry shortstuff. I get carried away, but I will consider myself told off and stop it right now
Old 26-06-2004, 21:40   #23
Resident Waffler

Sorry Shortstuff. I have removed my subject wander. I'm afraid I don't remember the old days which this thread was originally about. I'm new and still making lots of mistakes.

Old 26-06-2004, 21:49   #24
Accrington Web Mascot

Everybody is officially forgiven!
Old 26-06-2004, 21:52   #25
Member.

Thank you boss.....we still luv ya, don't we Willow...
Old 27-06-2004, 11:33   #26
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff
Everybody is officially forgiven!
NOT every-one shortstuff, the person that gave us a warning for being off topic has actually posted off topic in this section! (Talk about double standards) Why isn't there a smiley for superior smirk? (oops going off topic)!
Old 27-06-2004, 12:21   #27
Resting in Peace

PLEASE keep on topic or it will be Deleted thankyou
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..