Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2006, 12:23   #31
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Pranks, dares & mischeiviousness

It would have made a change for you lot to be in the front of a Police car for once
Old 01-09-2006, 13:51   #32
I am Banned

Mmmm talk of dares & mischeif.....errrr chav have you developed a scorch spot on yer nose since sunday night ??????????? balancing a lit fag for an accyweb dare ... some people are too gullable hehehehe

Last edited by accymel; 01-09-2006 at 13:53.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 14:31   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
Another dare A Certain SISTER dared me to do was..................

we were down town one night!! and about 5 cop cars pulled up outside the BRIDGE. All coppers abandoned cars.........stormed into BRIDGE.

Me and a certain sister stood outside. One copper left his door open.

Sister dared me to sit in the seat and pretend I was driving away!!!!!!!!
You should have swapped all the ignition keys around

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 14:46   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
Or even better just nick the things...
Old 01-09-2006, 14:53   #35
God Member

Nah, much funnier to watch them try and work out why non of the cars will start whilst trying to handle a load of abusive druunks(and Tinks/Slinks etc)

Old 01-09-2006, 14:57   #36
Senior Member+

Yeah quite probably true mate
Old 01-09-2006, 16:27   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
HE HE HE! Good idea! Next time we go out your coming you can show us how to do it then
Old 03-09-2006, 18:04   #38
God Member

One thing I do have is a VERY devious mind. Twin that with a hyperactive mind and you get alsorts of wonderful ideas.

Old 07-09-2006, 15:49   #39
Resting in peace

I remember a group of us creeping along the street, tying the door handles together with a length of twine, and then ringing all the doorbells. The other great one was to nip into a backyard when it was dark, tie the back door handle tightly to the bin lid, knock loudly on the door then run like hell. Only thing was, we were student nurses and all over 18!

At Uni we had one bloke who was into practical jokes, so one night we nicked his bed. We were in the Union bar, I made advances for the sole reason of nicking his room keys from his shirt pocket. Some of the lads made off, and moved his bed to a kitchen two floors up. He got back to his room well lubricated, saw that he didn't have a bed any longer, but being a science student proceeded to prove this by lying down on the floor. He was right, he didn't have a bed. We gave it back to him a day or so later though .....
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 15:57   #40
Resting in peace

I remember a group of us creeping along the street, tying the door handles together with a length of twine, and then ringing all the doorbells. The other great one was to nip into a backyard when it was dark, tie the back door handle tightly to the bin lid, knock loudly on the door then run like hell. Only thing was, we were student nurses and all over 18!

At Uni we had one bloke who was into practical jokes, so one night we nicked his bed. We were in the Union bar, I made advances for the sole reason of nicking his room keys from his shirt pocket. Some of the lads made off, and moved his bed to a kitchen two floors up. He got back to his room well lubricated, saw that he didn't have a bed any longer, but being a science student proceeded to prove this by lying down on the floor. He was right, he didn't have a bed. We gave it back to him a day or so later though .....
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 13:42   #41
Senior Member+

A really good one is to get some "gaffa" tape & peel a long strand off the edge (about as thick as a piece of cotton), then stick it to the side of a car, preferably a dark car. From a distance it looks like the car has a massive scratch on it. hahaha.

Once in my army time, one of the guys who we didn't like too much had been out on the p*ss. He stumbled into the room & colapsed on his bed, about half an hour later 8 of us carried him (still in his bed) up to the washrooms on the next floor. The lads in the troop upstairs thought that this was hilarious, & the next morning crept around whilst washing & shaving so not to wake him. Needless to say, he was late for parade & had a hell of a time explaining to the sargeant major.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.

Last edited by AccyJay; 08-09-2006 at 13:53. Reason: I'm a muppet
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 02:50   #42
Yank in King Art's Court!

I'm still acting like a kid so thought I'd share a recent prank I tried to pull on my family. Last week cut a very large pine tree down and it fell across the driveway. Rather than cutting it up so my daughter and then my wife could drive up to the house, I left it there.

Then headed back to the house, got a pair of boots and old bluejeans. Fill the pants with a few logs and jammed em under the tree trunk. First thing they'd see driving up were me legs protruding from under the tree.

My daughter arrived first. Didn't even phase her. When asked if she had flipped out on seeing the legs, she said "nah, thought you heard me coming and climbed under the tree to fool me."

Later my wife and son come upon the gruesome scene. They too thought I was hiding under the trunk but my wife did said Joshua out to "check and make sure."

I guess I play too many jokes around here. I'm afraid one of these times I'm really gonna cut me leg off and they'll just think I'm joking around again. That's life on the farm I suppose!

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 22:24   #43
Accy Goddess

I think the worse thing I got up to like Gayle was playing knock a door run. Only being over weight i wasn't to good at running so I would stand there looking all innocent and say " They went that way. " Pointing in the opposite direction.
When the kids were little Mummiboo and the rest of them loved to fill Mick's slippers with shaving foam.
The first time they did it his face was a picture.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..