Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2003, 17:22   #1
Accy Goddess

Post What is your dream or ambition in life.

My dream is that one day i will have enough money to visit Graceland, then go on to Dysneyland and then stop off at Vagas on the way back home.
Then with lady luck on my side i would put my last coin in a slot machine and win the jackpot.
Well, we can but dream.  : :
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-08-2003, 17:47   #2
I am Banned

Post Re: What is your dream or ambition in life.

I have always believed in doing what you dream.. My wife was well chuffed with this when we got together. I told her to make a list of the things she always wanted to do and one way or another we would do them..

One of the things on the list was to go ski-ing (This from someone who had never been furthur than blackpool in her life)  ...So I said one step at a time.. First to Rossendale for a few goes.. Then that place up scotland to do it on snow and finally at least a weekend if not a week in a proper ski resorty abroad...

After 2 goes at rossendale she decided ski-ing wasnt for her and she never wanted to go again.. hahahaha

Everything else on her list was done.. Including passing her driving test which she did first time and now never drives..

I still ahve one thing on my list.. Never been horse riding.. But I need to do another list or else I wont have anything to look forward to if I do that last thing...

But I cant think of owt to put on the list....Would like to learn the language Urdu.. Always wanted to speak it.. But as I ahvent mastered my own English language I cant see it happening real soon..

Pretty fulfilled here.. done everything we ever wanted to do

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2003, 19:32   #3
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

What a brilliant dream Anne. ;D

I would love to see the Grand Canyon and New Orleans. One of my dreams is New Zealand, which I am doing in November, along with Hong Kong and Bangkok. Littlemo mentioned going to Ontario to see her when we are both 40, which I would also love to do.
Hope you weren't kidding there Mo, cos I'm saving up! ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2003, 19:53   #4

lol! no probs lettie!!!!
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2003, 22:05   #5

My dream is....

To get more posts than CAZZER... ;D ;D
Old 29-08-2003, 22:48   #6
Caz
God Member

[smiley=lol.gif]  [smiley=lol.gif]

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2003, 23:56   #7

Oops!.........
Old 08-09-2003, 09:35   #8
Jo

How romantic HarryX. That's so nice, writing a list of dreams that you and your wife want to achieve. Mightdo that myself, you've given me an idea now.
My biggest dream is to work on a development project in the 3rd world. My husband says to wait while we're retired, he's not so keen on the idea. You never know though, one day...
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2003, 11:39   #9
Senior Member+

Mine cam true when my wife gave birth to our first daughter on the 20.07.94.3 years later she gave birth to another.That was my biggest ever dream in life
Old 14-09-2003, 15:13   #10
Accy Goddess

Ah,!!.......................
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2003, 17:15   #11
Junior Member+

Jo if your only 29 you have along time to wait
vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2003, 10:05   #12
Jo

Hey, Vinny, I'm hoping to retire at 45!!!!! It's not that long off! (there you go, I've just discovered another dream as well - retire at 45!! )
Old 18-09-2003, 10:09   #13
I am Banned

Retire at 45? ...Now I feel really old.. Arrrgh
Old 18-09-2003, 12:44   #14
Jo

Don't worry HarryX, it would only mean I'm a "young-aged pensioner", doesn't mean that you're old at all! and after my early retirement I'd be off working in the 3rd world fulfilling my dream, remember, and I think you need to be young and fit for that, don't you?
Old 18-09-2003, 13:32   #15
I am Banned

Young age pensioner... like the sound of that.,.. Am I too late I wonder ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..