Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-06-2013, 16:26   #46
I am Banned

Re: Another head scratcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Yes!

I recently bought a NAS off a friend that found 1TB wasnt enough storage.... but its not mirrored raid at the moment so I dont overuse it.... the one i have is
Amazon.com: NETGEAR Stora 2-Bay 1 TB (1 x 1 TB) Network Attached Storage MS2110: Electronics
Looking at that site and reading the reviews it won't work for me in DOS 6. No internet connection on that computer & never will be.
Just had to search contrl panel to find out which ver of IE turns out mine is 8

Last edited by Retlaw; 21-06-2013 at 16:31.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-06-2013, 16:42   #47
I am Banned

Quote:
Yeah. Im just a silly nerd. I get carried away.

When you come back to your pc after this time has passed. Is the screen black and it takes several seconds or minutes for the pc to come back to life?

If so I am guessing Hibernation mode in combo with crap internet explorer is causing this. I always turn it off. On XP, Vista, 7 or 8.... Whatever Doze product I am using.... It has been ages since I bothered to use XP so this video explains how to turn it off(if indeed it is on in the first place)

Don't worry about being a classed as acomputer nerd, I get called a WW1 nerd, but the laugh is on them when they need help.
The nearer it gets to 1914 - 1916 the more queries I've been getting, through Ossy Mills, Haworth Art Gallery & Accy Library

As for the other servers like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Mozilla, and few more obscure ones, they all have faults that are far worse than any I've encountered on IE, so I guess I'll just have to put up with it, the passwords are easy to remember.
Thanks for your help.
Restless likes this.
Old 21-06-2013, 17:09   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Tha trying to teach thi grandmother to suck eggs.
Every thing is backed up every day with out fail to a pen drive, then every other day to an external hard drive & weekly to a note book.
What the eck is raid and does it work in DOS.
But all that has nowt to do with my original problem, why just lately I keep gettin logged off from some websites, after I've been out and left this the computer on, no settings have been changed. It doesn't happen when the computers switched off over night,
You could be having a few problems with B24/7 at the moment Walter, Booth's been tinkering with it, I struggled to get on the other day, but its okay now.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 18:13   #49
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You could be having a few problems with B24/7 at the moment Walter, Booth's been tinkering with it, I struggled to get on the other day, but its okay now.
Yep I've noticed, don't know why he keeps messing with it, in all his previous twiddles I've had to get a new password, but this time I was still logged in.
Old 21-06-2013, 18:32   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:

Just had to search contrl panel to find out which ver of IE turns out mine is 8
You could try updating to 9. Look in windows update, you don`t have to download all the updates if you don`t want to ( I would ), just untick the ones you don`t want.

Sorry, no you can`t, not available for XP.

Last edited by gpick24; 21-06-2013 at 18:37.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 07:49   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Yep I've noticed, don't know why he keeps messing with it, in all his previous twiddles I've had to get a new password, but this time I was still logged in.
Its funny how AW hasn't changed (except for upgrades) since I joined 8 years ago and is still thriving and going strong, yet others have dropped of or disappeared because of constant tinkering, if it ain't broke don't fix it
Old 22-06-2013, 08:19   #52
Resting in Peace

A Forum is only as good as the members that support it
if we did not have good members, good posts, and good threads and great staff we would go like a lot of other sites

Just to show you what the staff have to put up with I recently received an e-mail from someone you all know here it is :
I have taken the addresses out but here is the e-mail main message

your moderators say that i am using 2 or more names on here,let me clarify something as ALAN7554 is banned from going on here i decided to use a new name and re new my membership hence kuriburi boy but you wont let me on with that one,so i tried the resident 1963 and you said no,reason SPAMMING there is no proper reason to stop me from re applying to become a member on here, unless you do discriminate against people who live in thailand,your stupid rules are a waste of time and i will send you another virus and get you off the air for a few days,the last one worked i have many friends over here who will gladly muck your website up. I WILL BE BACK ON HERE SHORTLY UNDER A NEW NAME AND A NEW I.PP. ADDRESS HA HA HA

By the way we have never been taken down through a virus so no idea where he gets this from

Last edited by Mick; 22-06-2013 at 08:26.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 08:34   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The man is in the same league as Jimmy Saville!!! This forum is Child Friendly, yet he says there is "NO Proper Reason" he cannot gain access. Beam me up Scotty.
Old 22-06-2013, 08:37   #54
Resting in Peace

Oh and another thing this e-mail was reported to the e-mail provider and they said it did not go against there code of practice. so you can threaten and send viruses through this provider as it does not break there law
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 08:41   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

THen the E-Mail provider is absolute rubbish n folk should avoid using people like them in my view.
Old 22-06-2013, 08:45   #56
Senior Member+

Don't know why he would want to still be a part of the site when he knows nobody wants him here.
DtheP47 likes this.
Old 22-06-2013, 09:13   #57
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
A Forum is only as good as the members that support it
if we did not have good members, good posts, and good threads and great staff we would go like a lot of other sites

Just to show you what the staff have to put up with I recently received an e-mail from someone you all know here it is :
I have taken the addresses out but here is the e-mail main message

your moderators say that i am using 2 or more names on here,let me clarify something as ALAN7554 is banned from going on here i decided to use a new name and re new my membership hence kuriburi boy but you wont let me on with that one,so i tried the resident 1963 and you said no,reason SPAMMING there is no proper reason to stop me from re applying to become a member on here, unless you do discriminate against people who live in thailand,your stupid rules are a waste of time and i will send you another virus and get you off the air for a few days,the last one worked i have many friends over here who will gladly muck your website up. I WILL BE BACK ON HERE SHORTLY UNDER A NEW NAME AND A NEW I.PP. ADDRESS HA HA HA

By the way we have never been taken down through a virus so no idea where he gets this from
Are you sure that wasn't BEE yanking your chain Mick as an after thought Mick when was this quite recently or a while ago?

Last edited by jaysay; 22-06-2013 at 09:18.
Old 22-06-2013, 09:16   #58
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Don't know why he would want to still be a part of the site when he knows nobody wants him here.
Well there have been one or two who did hang about for a while but decided they couldn't stand it when the site Rottweiler got a grip round their neck
Old 22-06-2013, 09:25   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Oh and another thing this e-mail was reported to the e-mail provider and they said it did not go against there code of practice. so you can threaten and send viruses through this provider as it does not break there law
It may be worth passing the evidence on to our M.P. fer him to pursue??
Old 22-06-2013, 09:37   #60
Senior Member+

Why do peados move to thailand....whats the attraction
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..