Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2007, 20:31   #1

Question Compatable?

Hi guys. Im getting a new gaming commy from dell and was woundering wether this is compatable? :::

belkin F5D7050 with a netgear DG834G router?

As i have the DG834G router and was woundering

Thanks
Alec
AccyAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2007, 20:44   #2
God Member

Re: Compatable?

yes they are Alec

You may find though for online gaming that wif networks sometimes have slower pings which affects your performance.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 20:56   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
You may find though for online gaming that wif networks sometimes have slower pings which affects your performance.
OMG Ian said something bad about WiFi
Old 12-01-2007, 21:06   #4
God Member

Wifi is cool and VERY useable, in online gaming every CPU cycle counts. If you want to win you have to be totally optimised in EVERY part of the system to have a chance.

Old 12-01-2007, 21:09   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Only teasing Ian. Somewhere on here is a thread where we disagreed about WiFi because I prefer to used hard wired network where possible and wireless for things that move, like my lads Nintendo DS's.
Old 12-01-2007, 21:10   #6

Thanks for that...

Alec
Old 12-01-2007, 21:12   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I hope you wont be playing on it till after that exam next week Alec
Old 12-01-2007, 21:28   #8

LOL @ neil... its not built yet.

These are the specs of it as some of you said that the system has to be certain spec...:

PROCESSORIntel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 Processor (2.4GHz, 1066MHz, 4MB)OPERATING SYSTEMGenuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 (incl Operating System Re-Installation CD) - EnglishVISTA UPGRADE MCE to Vista Premium Upgrade on: www.dellvistaupgrade.productorder.com before 03/31/07 SUPPORT SERVICESPremium XPS Service, 2 Year (incl. Gaming and On-Site Support)MONITORNo MonitorMEMORY2048MB Dual Channel DDR2 667MHz [2x1024] MemoryHARD DRIVE500GB Serial ATA RAID 0 Stripe [2x250GB 7200rpm drives with DataBurst™ cache]OPTICAL DRIVE16X DVD+/-RW Drive GRAPHICS CARDSINGLE 1GB nVidia® GeForce® 7950GX2 Dual GPU SLI graphics cardPHYSICS PCI CARD128MB Ageia™ PhysX™ physics accelerator PCI cardAccessoriesSOUND CARDSound Blaster® X-Fi Xtreme Music PCI SoundcardSPEAKERSDell™ 5650 5.1 Surround Speaker SystemKEYBOARDLogitech™ Cordless Desktop™ MX3000 Laser Keyboard & Mouse) - UK/IrishMOUSEMouse Included in Wireless Keyboard and Mouse optionFLOPPY/MEDIA DRIVES1.44MB Floppy DriveMEDIA CARD READERSInternal 13-in-1 Media Card ReaderMODEMSNo ModemTV TUNERSExternal AverMedia Digital (DVB-T) USB 2.0 MCE TV Tuner with MCE remote controlWIRELESS NETWORKBelkin F5D7050 Wireless USB Adapter (802.11g)WEB CAMSLogitech® QuickCam Pro 5000SECURITY SOFTWAREFree Upgrade to McAfee® Security Centre™ 36-month ProtectionMICROSOFT SOFTWAREMicrosoft® Works 8 - EnglishWIDESCREEN MONITOR3007WFP MonitorGedis Bundle ReferenceList D01XP6 - XPS 710Shipping DocumentsXPS 710 Documentation with UK Power CordAdobe ReaderAdobe Reader 7.0.8 - EnglishOrder InformationDimension Order - UKStandard WarrantyPremium XPS Service, 2 Year (incl. Gaming and On-Site Support)Money Off SavingsSave £150 inc VAT Dell Internet OrderDell Internet Order.NETWORK ASSISTANTNetwork Assist 1.2 - 90daySYSTEM MEDIADimension XPS 710 Resource CD
Old 12-01-2007, 21:44   #9
God Member

There is more to online gaming than teh performance of teh PC

Old 12-01-2007, 21:45   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
There is more to online gaming than teh performance of teh PC
Like not getting shot as soon as the damn game starts
Which has the better pings, ADSL or cable?
Old 12-01-2007, 21:49   #11
God Member

Cable generally has better pings, although my Bulldog adsl pings used to match them on gaming servers, it was half the reason I was any good at counterstrike I think.. my pings were always 12-20ms
Old 19-01-2007, 12:40   #12
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Iv got a dell commy....not bad!
Old 19-01-2007, 12:46   #13
God Member

Commy??????? isn't that some aged Soviet bloke?

PC, computer, laptop, who needs another word for them???????

Old 19-01-2007, 15:57   #14
Senior Member+

Dell - AHHHH - Sorry But I would probably prefair to Build my own, Even though I dont have a clue, I have been told it is relitivly (Sp) straight forward.

On line gaming, Well I run at a steady ping on 20-30 on BattleField 2 (TOP GAME) on most Uk servers. on ADSL. (BT)

A Friend has Cable (NTL) and its about the same, certain times though he will loose connection and service I dont think is as good, Not that Im saying BT are good but better than NTL.

I do find though If I play a game and stress my PC (as in run at a high setting) I wount have as good as a game if I lowered the settings (say about medium)

Online gaming Rules though I haven played a single player game since I found it.
Old 19-01-2007, 18:21   #15
God Member

Building a PC is a piece of cake however in 'th'owd days' it was cheaper to do so than buy the same spec. Nowadays its far cheaper to buy ready built than to buy just the components.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..