Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2005, 14:20   #1
God Member

Llu

Bulldog have unbundled the accrington exchange! I was just browsing information about our exchange on Sam Knows website and it seems Bulldog installed LLU at the beginning of may, and they just announced they are upgrading everyone to 8Mbit!

You have to change your phone line to bulldog as well tho.. but its the same line rental as bt (£10.50) and £30 a month for 8Mbit broadband with no caps (as well as 400k up)

I've ordered it, but ive heard lots of bad reports about their customer service so im taking a risk for the sake of 800+kb/s downloads

www.bulldogbroadband.com
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-06-2005, 19:19   #2
God Member

Re: Llu

Mmm, That may be interesting. I've been with Pipex for 3 and a bit years now but 16x speed for a couple of quid extra? Any cap on downloads?
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 21:24   #3
God Member

No download caps
however.. they *are* rated as having crap customer service, theres loads of whines on adslguide.org.uk message boards, but for 8Meg uncapped at the same price as my 2Meg 50gig cap, I just have to take the risk of them buggering it up

*hopefully* all will go smoothy and i'll have 2hours of no internet.. *hopes*
Plus someone I know on the internet uses them and says he has no problems and has never needed to contact customer support.. so guess its luck of the draw.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:46   #4
Senior Member+

They are going all out on the 8mb speed. I guess it is that that is pulling the customers.

I can only get 1mb where I am, but it is an improvement on the 256kb that I had a couple of months ago

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 11:20   #5
God Member

It certainly grabbed me.. will be downloading at 800+kb/s *drool*

Newsgroups for the win
Old 14-06-2005, 09:11   #6
God Member

Well it's 10am and im connected. The speed is brilliant.

If you EVER need a reason to contact customer services, this is not an ISP for you

Their customer service is AWFULL, if you can even get through. Lucky for me i've not needed to
Old 16-06-2005, 19:07   #7
God Member

*coughs*

Tried to ring customer service about me having 4Mb and it's advertised as 8Mb (even tho I knew it's gonna take them 2 weeks from the 15th of June to upgrade everyone).. didn't once get through to customer services and I phoned them like 10times a day for 3days..

Phoned sales today about 15 times, eventualy I got through to someone who wasn't just willing to pass me on to customerservices (which had a 'we are busy' message)
Apparently the Accrington exchange has become to populer with bulldog and heavy users that they need to increase the capacity before upgrading everyone to 8Mb

This will happen on the 30th of June \o/
Old 16-06-2005, 20:46   #8
Senior Member+

Wouldn't it be great to have an ISP that delivers, both in terms of connection speed and service speed/quality.

Anyone found the holy grail of ISPs yet?

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2005, 22:54   #9
God Member

Eclipse, Zen, Freedom2surf...

Freedom2surf were my last provider with 2Mb adsl at £25 with 100Gig cap..

but I can't resist 8Mb, and i've not REALLY needed to call customer services yet, because I already knew that they were rolling out the upgrades between now and 2weeks

Anyway, all the other ISP's will prolly start offering 8Meg via LLU or the normal BT lines before the end of the year

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..