Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2003, 15:10   #1
Roy
Administrator

Post opera web browser

just downloaded this last week, been running it for the last couple of days now and have to say i'm impressed. It seems extremely fast at browsing! Anyone else got any experience with it?

http://www.opera.com
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-10-2003, 15:12   #2
I am Banned

Post Re: opera web browser

Blimey.. had it for donkeys years roy  Only use it now for testing as you can easy turn everyhting off and see a site how others would without gfx, scripts, flash etc.,., I know others can as well but its so simple wiht opera.

As for the rest of it.. as a developer its better to see the web as the majority of people see it. that means using IE and for all the microsoft hate thats about.. ya cant really knowck the browser.. its free and works a treat

Opera is the fastest browser I ahve tried.... well apart from linx that is
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 15:14   #3
Resting in Peace

did you get the free download or the full version ???
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 15:38   #4
Roy
Administrator

i got the free download. so its got an advert in the top - which is surprisingly unobtrusive  - and so far as i can tell they haven't installed any other background spyware...  have found a bit of a problem with the java when entering a message on accyweb though
Old 05-10-2003, 13:21   #5
Resting in Peace

just downloaded opra i like it but is there anyway to take the left had collum out ???
Old 05-10-2003, 14:44   #6
Roy
Administrator

yes there is.... errrr...goto view - hotlist and select off
Old 05-10-2003, 14:45   #7
Resting in Peace

thanks roy
Old 28-10-2003, 22:00   #8

Couple of weeks ago I found an even better browser than Opera - (which I have used for some time)

Go to http://www.avantbrowser.com

This really is the d's b's.

It allows you to fill in forms automatically - amongst other things like opening different browsers as tabs - but more importantly it allows you to stop pop ups on your browser. Not only that, it is about 40% quicker than IE (but thinking about it, so is the number 29 bus)

Fangio

Old 02-04-2004, 13:56   #9
God Member

Re: opera web browser

for another alternative try Firefox from www.mozilla.org
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 19:23   #10

Re: opera web browser

Firefox is excellent. Been using for a while now and find it quick and easy to use. But there again i guess it is Netscape underneath so it's got good pedigree!

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Perran is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..