Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2005, 11:42   #1
God Member

Unhappy Virus--MSN

Hi i have recently had the msn virus on my Pc where by you accept a friends attachtments and it downloads onto your PC and leaves it as undeletable MS-Dos files called random names which are named as if they are pictures (me and you, Kool etc) Finally though my anti virus and entwisi have been able to delete it BUT i still have part of this virus there in my system how can i delete it? the virus is called by norton antivirus - w32.Bropia.M and the specific file is called "Isass.exe"

I now feel that i have pestered entwisi enough over the past fortnight and he has given me LOADS of help but feel really cheeky about asking him again.
John_Timmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2005, 11:51   #2
I am Banned

Re: Virus--MSN

Yeh theres been a simular prob with Yappoo as well n this pc i had given had viruses on that wouldnt delete or remove other than to wipe disk completely, have u put the virus name into google n see if theres anyway to get rid of it. I always say its best to have more than one anti virus checker, i run avg n do regular houscall check, then theres all the adware etc. Tho ta for warning peeps accepting downloads on msn mess. Sorry i cant help otherwise.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2005, 11:57   #3
God Member

Its ok i because i had got rid of most of the virus files i just had that to get rid of so i restarted my Pc in safe mode and searched for the file and deleted it ... hey presto its gone!!!
Old 17-02-2005, 12:12   #4
I am Banned

ah thats a relief eh? Just for info i'll post the link for housecall scan just in case anyone needs it ....n its free!

http://housecall.trendmicro.com
Old 17-02-2005, 13:26   #5
God Member

cheers for that i have got it now so hopefully no more problems
Old 17-02-2005, 13:28   #6
I am Banned

No probs glad to help
Old 17-02-2005, 18:31   #7
God Member

Tut Tut john
You think I'd miss a thread?

Seriously, i've replied to your PM. If you are sure that file is the one you need deleting then that disc I mentioned will definately do it.

Let me know how you get on.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2005, 22:09   #8
God Member

its all ok now ian once again i cannot thank you enough for the help u gave me. it also has shown me some of the thing i can do with my pC

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..