Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2007, 17:37   #1
Senior Member+

What Rights Have I Got ?

We are currently with BT Option 3 however i find it sky high in phone and broadband charges. What rights do i have in requesting my MAC code ?.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-12-2007, 17:45   #2
God Member

Re: What Rights Have I Got ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
We are currently with BT Option 3 however i find it sky high in phone and broadband charges. What rights do i have in requesting my MAC code ?.

Depends on what length of minimum contract you have with them
Old 06-12-2007, 19:01   #3

It would depend on whether you are still under contract - if you are then you may have to pay an exit fee to get your MAC code. If you have completed your contract term, you can ring and request your MAC code which BT then have to issue within 5 working days.
Old 06-12-2007, 19:05   #4
Senior Member+

if you have a valid complaint then they may let you have it... we had a prob with demon... made a complaint and they let us out of our contract

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 19:43   #5
God Member

what do you class as Sky high?

If you just want out because you have found a cheaper deal and there are no reliability issues then you are stuck with either seeing out your minimum term or paying whatever BT want to charge to let you go.

If you can prove it isn't fit for purpose you can sometimes negotiate your way out.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 21:14   #6
Senior Member+

Well we rang up BT and they would like a fee of £250 for 6 month worth of contract left so looks life we are stuck for a few more months. Paying for 8mps and despite the fact we live sooo close to the exchange.Yes there are cheaper deals else were but you will always find a cheaper deal because prices will continue to fall.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:44   #7
God Member

You still haven't said what you think is such a rip off? You mention that your paying for 8M but then don't say what you are actually getting? how close to teh exchange do you live?

You can always sign up for one of the cheaper call packages from other suppliers. if you dial abroad a lot then things like telediscount.co.uk will save you a fortune.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 17:03   #8
Senior Member+

The call prices

I live on hodder st so not too far from the exchange centre.
Im getting roughly 3.5/4
Old 07-12-2007, 17:47   #9

I'm with BT and live a lot further away from the exchange than you - I'm currently getting 6.2mbps. We occasionally have speed drops, but when we do we just unplug the hub for a few minutes then reboot - it always works for us.

We also have the BT Broadband Talk as a free service under option 3 - so evening & weekend calls anywhere in the UK are free through your broadband phone. If you didn't get this when you signed up there's nothing lost in asking them for one? Or if it's just your regular BT telephone call costs you aren't happy with - then move your call provider as Entwisi said - as this isn't part of your broadband package.
Old 09-12-2007, 18:51   #10
Senior Member+

do you have to use your broadband phone to qualify for free evening and weekend call oops i never knew this..
Old 09-12-2007, 19:46   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
do you have to use your broadband phone to qualify for free evening and weekend call oops i never knew this..
We have had other members on here who signed up to the all in home hub thingy and had no idea why they had 2 phones and 2 phone numbers. It sounds like a lot of messing about to me. Use this phone at this time and that phone at weekends.
Old 09-12-2007, 19:52   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
We have had other members on here who signed up to the all in home hub thingy and had no idea why they had 2 phones and 2 phone numbers. It sounds like a lot of messing about to me. Use this phone at this time and that phone at weekends.
We get free calls with ours apart from to mobiles so the other phone is for incoming calls only now.
Old 09-12-2007, 19:53   #13
Resident Waffler

Two phone numbers? That could get complicated.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..