Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Gaming Forum
Donate! Join Today

Gaming Forum Talk about the latest PS2, xbox or whatever systems and our own classics!!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2007, 19:25   #16
God Member

Re: xbox 360 or PS3??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
none. and just the normal controlloer. come on slinky money here waiting for you
Exactly, mine has 2 controllers plus the one for boxing. And 4 games.

Seriously, I can't. I would have done, but my friend asked me to sell it him this afternoon.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-11-2007, 19:32   #17
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
How many games do they have?? and how many controllers do you get??
havent a clue...lol, not alot I bet
Old 03-11-2007, 19:35   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
havent a clue...lol, not alot I bet
Yeah mine comes with quite a lot. One of my games has still got the price on, I paid £34.99 just for one of the games. £150 for mine is good value for money. And I'm only selling so cheap because it was for my mates little girl.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 03-11-2007, 19:54   #19

tell you wat then slink if your fiend pulls out then ill have it off you instead if you like.
Old 03-11-2007, 19:55   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
tell you wat then slink if your fiend pulls out then ill have it off you instead if you like.
Yeah thats no problem. I would have sold it to you, if he hadn't asked this afternoon.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 03-11-2007, 20:10   #21

my son has had nowt but trouble with the 360 kept sending it back to microsoft for countless repairs tell him to get a ps3
Old 03-11-2007, 20:12   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notts View Post
my son has had nowt but trouble with the 360 kept sending it back to microsoft for countless repairs tell him to get a ps3
I just subtle ask him " why do you want a 360 and not a PS3?? " he said " Graffix are miles better on the 360 mum "

But I really wish he would change his mind and go for the PS3

Miracles do happen!!

Old 04-11-2007, 10:44   #23

Hiya

The wii's are really hard to get hold of now and the standard 180 model from argos is going for 250+ on ebay cos nintendo cant keep up with demand.

The probs with the 360 is that theyre a damn good console but are subject to the three red lights of doom failure. Although Microsoft have extended their warranty to cover this problem, the volume is so great that the consoles are having to be shipped abroad for fixing (believe it is a heat problem) and so you can go without ya console for months.

The ps3 is mint. Aleks is right about the 40gb v 60gb, but apparently they are going to stop manufacturing the 60gb soon (?). Not sure the 40gb has the blue ray capability either which in itself is worth about 150 quid. Online gaming is mint, (would say better than 360) and graphics are superb. There are a few other differences between the two versions as well, but think theyre mainly cosmetic. Think the main aim was to get the price down to compete with the wii.

Would well recommend the ps3 over the 360 but it is pricier. Got the ps3 on a deal through Game or gamestation in accy, 2 blue ray movies, 3 games, 60gb console for 350. If you go on their website, they do online offers which you get an extra game

Hope this helps lol. Ya talking to the bird that currently has a ps3, ps2, xbox premium and wii in her house lol. (bearing in mind the 360 has 3 rings of death and wii was mistaken for a money box by my 3 year old and had pennies put in the game slot lmao) (didnt lmao at the time mind lol)
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:49   #24

Microsoft kept aside $100 million for repairs to the xbox 360. Shows confidence in their own product doesnt it.
Old 04-11-2007, 17:37   #25
Senior Member+

Slinky we have both the xbox 360 and the ps3 (you are right about the wii we had ours for not long and sold it coz the novelty wore off) we put the ps3 and the 360 on split screen on our telly and the difference in the graphics is the ps3 came up trumps! the ps3 is a more sophisticated machine it will copy your music from cd to memory card in less than minutes it is the only blu-ray machine that will play all dvd formats (normal blu-ray players dont)! its is backward compatible (will play most of your ps2 games) to add a Hd drive to your 360 will cost you £80-129! and it uses bluetooth pads and remotes so no interference and you could be stood outside and the pad will still work! Slinky its PS3 all the way you get a better machine for your money and you get free online gaming and free downloads demos and you can purchase full games for cheap from their online store.

By the way the Wii console is VERY hard to get hold of at the minute you could get alot more than £160 for it!

Good Luck Slinky.
Old 04-11-2007, 17:54   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO View Post

By the way the Wii console is VERY hard to get hold of at the minute you could get alot more than £160 for it!

Good Luck Slinky.
Thanks for the info MummiBoo, and yes, i am some what gutted that I have said i will sell it for £150 now. Like I said, mine has 2 controllers plus boxing one and 4 games including Sonic. Might have a re think about selling it so cheap to be honest!! be cutting my own nose off to spite my face.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 04-11-2007, 20:02   #27

personally i would opt for a prem or elite if he wont budge dont bother with the core you might as well srick to the standard xbox for what there worth
Old 05-11-2007, 06:36   #28

I played PS3 this weekend at a houseparty, FIFA 08 infact.. I was sat on the settee and saw football on the tv, I thought it was an actual football match until I saw them holding controllers, the graphics are great.. I DID want a 360 till I played the PS3.
Old 05-11-2007, 16:43   #29
Senior Member+

360 all the way
Old 05-11-2007, 16:48   #30

Xbox 360 has better graphics.. Is cheaper..

Price, performance, visual quality, game selection, and online support.. I think xbox 360 wins in every category.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..