Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Gaming Forum
Donate! Join Today

Gaming Forum Talk about the latest PS2, xbox or whatever systems and our own classics!!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2007, 07:29   #31

Re: xbox 360 or PS3??

xbox 360 premium is approx 280 without accessories, ps3 is 350 for 60 version, 2 blue ray movies, and 2 games. (game retail for both versions at approx 40 each) so in fact ps3 is cheaper.

have both 360 and ps3 and ps3 is definately the winner. Agree slightly with the games selection, but ps3 is newer and more and more games being released for it. And at least it wont die on ya cos of a manufacturing fault lol
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-11-2007, 08:35   #32
Senior Member+

I think xbox since last year has stoped these manufacturing problems really.

Woolworths have got a great deal on Buy Xbox 360 Console Plus Forza 2, Fifa 08 And H. Potter - Microsoft XBOX 360 Game from Woolworths.co.uk online shop on £280 quid.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:47   #33
Senior Member+

The graphics on the xbox 360 cant be better than the ps3 unless you have the elite version because your connection is via compontant cable rather than HDMI! and even then what difference does it make if you have a naff tv to put it on!

The only people who say the 360 is better than the ps3 are the people who dont have one!

At the end of the day its all about preference its up to you Slinky but you will have more for your money with a ps3 it does more and has more capabilities.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:03   #34
Senior Member+

Yes the ps3 is better but the price is much better aswell.

Only £250 in argos for xbox , acs , and 2 games

Old 06-11-2007, 09:46   #35

I have had my 360 for ages and never had any trouble with it. It does everything i need it to do, and i get my games cheap aswell so i dont think ill be jumping to a ps3 any time soon.
Old 06-11-2007, 22:54   #36

my son wants a 360 for xmas said he didnt want a ps3 he said a 360 is much better so ive gone with his choice and bought him the 360 elite.
Old 06-11-2007, 23:08   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO View Post
The graphics on the xbox 360 cant be better than the ps3 unless you have the elite version because your connection is via compontant cable rather than HDMI! and even then what difference does it make if you have a naff tv to put it on!

The only people who say the 360 is better than the ps3 are the people who dont have one!

At the end of the day its all about preference its up to you Slinky but you will have more for your money with a ps3 it does more and has more capabilities.

Wrong, 'The only people who say 360 is better are the people who don't have one'?.. Nope, Its fact.

On paper, the PS3 is more powerful. In reality, it’s quite inferior to the 360. Without getting into too many details, the three general-purpose CPU’s the xbox360 has are currently FAR easier to take advantage of than the SPU’s on the PS3.

With Graphics, the 360 is a clear winner.

The GPU is more powerful. It has more powerful fillrate, and far more pixel and vertex processing horsepower. Part of the reason is their choice of memory, and architecture of pixel and vertex processing. I can’t get into details but the same vertex shader will run much slower on the PS3 than the XBOX 360. The 360 also has a clever new way rendering high definition anti aliased back buffers. To accomplish the same effect on PS3 is prohibitively expensive. For this reason I think many games will have no choice but to run in non-HD resolutions on the PS3 version, use a lower quality anti aliasing technique, or do back buffer upscaling. The end result in all cases is going to be noticeably worse image quality.

Game Selection...

The XBOX 360 has a huge head start here. 1 year is an eternity in gaming. Almost all multi-platform developers have made the XBOX 360 their primary platform due to timing of release-to-market, this means the games will look and perform better on the 360. The PS3 versions will be ports of the 360 versions. (The opposite was true for XBOX 1 vs. PS2). The XBOX 360 is also far faster to develop for due to better development tools (massively popular Visual Studio .NET vs. proprietary, buggy PS3 compiler and debugger), better documentation, and easier architecture (3 general purpose CPU’s vs. 8 specialized processors that require DMA). Timing has also caused all next-gen middleware developers to make XBOX 360 their primary platform, and they will ‘add ps3 support’ as needed. This support will probably be inferior to the XBOX 360’s due to manpower and more importantly, demand. It’s this catch-22 now that will continue to drive the 360 forward and hold PS3 back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Yes the ps3 is better
Wrong, read above...

Now its your turn to tell me why the PS3 is better...
Old 07-11-2007, 00:24   #38
God Member

The 360 is a better console, got better games, better quality and just better in absolutely everyway, except PS3 has the blu-ray compatibility, which isn't really that much of a plus.

I played both, I prefer xbox 360, but i guess the people who want to show off and dont really like gaming would choose the ps3, simply because it sounds like it might be better and its the most expensive.

Though for the best gaming ever get a good PC, thats what I say
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:02   #39

Its all a matter of choice. And also what you want out of a games console. At the end of the day, both consoles play great games, really well, have a couple of neat little extras such as online gaming and so on.

Probably the best way to decide is look at the games available for each console and decide based on that. Your son may have a reason for going xbox rather than ps3 (ie most of his mates may have 360 so he can play onnline against them etc, swap games etc)

Its like arguing the case of what mobile phones better. A nokia N95 can do a whyole range of things, but at the end of the day its makes calls and sends texts, same as the phone thats a tenner is asda. It does what its meant to do, lol

(PS3 all the way tho )
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:05   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Swift View Post
Wrong, 'The only people who say 360 is better are the people who don't have one'?.. Nope, Its fact.

On paper, the PS3 is more powerful. In reality, it’s quite inferior to the 360. Without getting into too many details, the three general-purpose CPU’s the xbox360 has are currently FAR easier to take advantage of than the SPU’s on the PS3.

The GPU is more powerful. It has more powerful fillrate, and far more pixel and vertex processing horsepower. Part of the reason is their choice of memory, and architecture of pixel and vertex processing. I can’t get into details but the same vertex shader will run much slower on the PS3 than the XBOX 360. The 360 also has a clever new way rendering high definition anti aliased back buffers. To accomplish the same effect on PS3 is prohibitively expensive. For this reason I think many games will have no choice but to run in non-HD resolutions on the PS3 version, use a lower quality anti aliasing technique, or do back buffer upscaling. The end result in all cases is going to be noticeably worse image quality.

Game Selection...

The XBOX 360 has a huge head start here. 1 year is an eternity in gaming. Almost all multi-platform developers have made the XBOX 360 their primary platform due to timing of release-to-market, this means the games will look and perform better on the 360. The PS3 versions will be ports of the 360 versions. (The opposite was true for XBOX 1 vs. PS2). The XBOX 360 is also far faster to develop for due to better development tools (massively popular Visual Studio .NET vs. proprietary, buggy PS3 compiler and debugger), better documentation, and easier architecture (3 general purpose CPU’s vs. 8 specialized processors that require DMA). Timing has also caused all next-gen middleware developers to make XBOX 360 their primary platform, and they will ‘add ps3 support’ as needed. This support will probably be inferior to the XBOX 360’s due to manpower and more importantly, demand. It’s this catch-22 now that will continue to drive the 360 forward and hold PS3 back.

Wrong, read above...

Thats fantastic Jae, only thing is nobody knows what your talking about! at the end of the day i have both consoles and have done split screen with the same games and the ps3 shone through! you can write what you want but i have the proof! I am not saying the 360 is usless otherwise i would have sold the 360 for the ps3 wouldnt i, but i didnt i kept them both like i said it dont matter what graphics your console projects if you run them on a portable telly does it!

You can argue till the cows come home about the two consoles it wont make the slightest bit of difference its all about what you want from a machine and a games machine.

Its about choice and i personally preferr the ps3 at the end of the day i grown up with computers and consoles from even before you were born i have had every console that has come out apart from the saga satern i never bothered with that! i have both the 360 and the ps3 in MY opinion which is what i was giving to slinky the ps3 the the better console better value for money.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:57   #41
God Member

I had a re-think about selling my Wii. Another friend came round last night and offered me £210 for it, so I would be a fool not to except, as the money is going towards another xmas pressie. Other friend will probably fall out with me, but needs must when it's for my son

OH and he still hasn't changed his mind, still wants the 360

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:20   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
I had a re-think about selling my Wii. Another friend came round last night and offered me £210 for it, so I would be a fool not to except, as the money is going towards another xmas pressie. Other friend will probably fall out with me, but needs must when it's for my son

OH and he still hasn't changed his mind, still wants the 360
360 All the way!
Old 07-11-2007, 13:45   #43

i think the question might be which one is goiing to be better in a few years just like the ps2 and standard xbox ps2 arte still a favourite to have today but were is the xbox

although i would have an xbox 360 not because of the technology though judt because the ps3 is probably bigger than me
Old 10-11-2007, 22:54   #44
God Member

OH WELL I got his lordship his XBOX 360 today.

Thats the main big xmas pressie out of the way thank god.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 11:55   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Swift View Post

Game Selection...

Wrong, read above...

I like playing on game consoles but dont know technically about them so look at the specifications really and the ps3 sounds better however after your essay jay i suppose you sound like you know what your talking about and have put a great case towards that the xbox 360 is better than the ps3. And i believe you, very much, so thats why im getting an xbox 360 for christmas

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..