Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2006, 22:37   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: No England Comments???

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones

I think Walcott was a good addition (as was Lennon) because pace can be everything. Owen Argentina 98 comes to mind. Its a shame Dyer has not had a good season and isn't fit though mentally he has problems at Newcastle. I would have taken Wright Philips as well despite an inconsistant season at Chelsea in and out of the team.
stick to politics graham you aint bad at that. one saving grace though your a blue@white.
Old 11-06-2006, 22:37   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones

I think Walcott was a good addition (as was Lennon) because pace can be everything. Owen Argentina 98 comes to mind. Its a shame Dyer has not had a good season and isn't fit though mentally he has problems at Newcastle. I would have taken Wright Philips as well despite an inconsistant season at Chelsea in and out of the team.
stick to politics graham you aint bad at that. one saving grace though your a blue@white.
Old 16-06-2006, 08:58   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Jones
My prefered team would be;
Robinson, Neville, A Cole, Tery, Ferdinand, Lennon, Beckham, Gerrard, J Cole, Rooney, Crouch.

I think Owen has lost his one attribute, his pace and does not possess enough skill to take us past a semi-final. Lampard doesn't seem capable of breaking out of top class club football. He was really poor at Ewood this season, whereas Gerrard has always been class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
I know I have included all the quote, but does anyone else think Lennon is worth a shout at Lampards expense, giving Gerrard licence to get forward instead of Lamps? Its Crouch or Owen for one spot. Probably the man in form should have it.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..