Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2009, 08:24   #16

Re: My new toy!

a great engine like that it will be hard not to plant the loud pedal.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lol yeh awd is good but it can make u over confident but with.
Ossywarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-02-2009, 10:42   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Heh,

some asked so here's teh details.

As most on here have read, I currently drive a Volvo estate. Its a 200 bhp 2.5 litre turbo witha n LPG conversion. Its also driven the equivilant of to the moon. I've also ownedit longer than any other car in my motoring history. so I'm a bit bored and fancy a change. Also in our lives is that Julie is expecting and as new babies tend to suck teh life out of bank balances we thought it would be better to buy before its born than wait till after. So..............

Welcome to my ownership my new toy.

its got 310 bhp, an engine of 4.2 litres with 8 cylinders in the usual V formation, Rally pedigree 4WD

its got an all aluminium space frame chassis, is over 5 metres long, does 0-60 in about 7 seconds and is restricted to 155 mph top speed.

the interior is full leather, has dual zone climate, heated electric seats where even the keys are setup so when you get in it remembers 'your' settings for seat, seat belt and mirrors, elctrical headrests, electric rear sunblinds and top quality stereo. It has a 5 speed automatic with tiptronic gearchange and new cost more than 50 THOUSAND pounds.

Its also got a very well done quality LPG system fitted.

So what is it?

its an Audi A8 4.2 Quattro SPORT.

Luxo barge of amazing quality but 4WD monster of back lanes when the feeling takes you.

Pictures to follow when I've washed, clay'd and polished it
Just hope you don't here those immortal words from plod Ian,"are we having trouble getting this machine of the ground Squadron Leader"
Old 03-02-2009, 13:20   #18
God Member

they'd have to actually have real policemen out there for that to happen rather than just cameras

one of the things i pride myself on for driving is that whilst I like driving quickly I do so only when its a)safe, b)sensible an c) unlikely to cost me time money or license. i also constantly look to improve my driving skills by constantly reviewing my driving and in particular any 'near misses' or potential incidents even if they are outside my control as to whether i could have seen or reacted differently. This is something that most bikers do all teh time but few car drivers seem to understand.

Fast cars are fun and can be perfectly safe, its when the squidgy thing behind teh wheel is less capable than they think they are that it goes all wrong.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 14:28   #19
I am Banned

Quote:
they'd have to actually have real policemen out there for that to happen rather than just cameras

one of the things i pride myself on for driving is that whilst I like driving quickly I do so only when its a)safe, b)sensible an c) unlikely to cost me time money or license. i also constantly look to improve my driving skills by constantly reviewing my driving and in particular any 'near misses' or potential incidents even if they are outside my control as to whether i could have seen or reacted differently. This is something that most bikers do all teh time but few car drivers seem to understand.

Fast cars are fun and can be perfectly safe, its when the squidgy thing behind teh wheel is less capable than they think they are that it goes all wrong.
I agree completely with that view Ian, I think anyone who can survive 10 years on a motorbike, has a far better understanding of road craft, than those who have never ridden on two wheels.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 14:40   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
I agree completely with that view Ian, I think anyone who can survive 10 years on a motorbike, has a far better understanding of road craft, than those who have never ridden on two wheels.

Retlaw.
He did fall off and break his back.
Old 03-02-2009, 14:50   #21
God Member

I didn't fall off though, I was knocked off by someone who made a poor assumption.

"He's a Biker, they always go through on Amber so I thought I'd nip through after him"

I would say that someone who covers 30K+ a year and have no fault accidents in that time and one speeding for 35 in a 30 at 7am on a clear summers morning. These are teh only points I've had in 20 years of driving I don't think I'm doing too badly. I agree wholeheartidly with Retlaw, Bikers are generally much better Car drivers due to their roadcraft.

Old 03-02-2009, 14:54   #22
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I agree wholeheartidly with Retlaw, Bikers are generally much better Car drivers due to their roadcraft.

That is probably true
Old 03-02-2009, 18:31   #23

That car sounds awesome, im a big audi fan.

Looking forward to seeing the pics.
Old 03-02-2009, 19:43   #24
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Nahh, TVR is better
Old 03-02-2009, 20:27   #25
God Member

but where do I put teh child seat and booster and SWMBO?

Old 03-02-2009, 20:39   #26

i looked at getting a speed 6 once but id like something that starts
Old 03-02-2009, 22:14   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
That is probably true
would say its a racing certainty, bikers any time.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:32   #28
Senior Member+

How much did it set you back Entwisi? Im very intrested in knowing Bargin of the century?

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:06   #29
God Member

yep, bargain mate, pennies and fair words

Old 04-02-2009, 13:36   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
yep, bargain mate, pennies and fair words
God i hate it when people say that and also " Money and fair words!
Really gets my goat!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..