Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2009, 22:34   #76
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: My new toy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJH View Post
I think an extended licence should be required for any car over 300bhp, but only so the driver knows what dangers can occur with loss of traction and yes this applies to quattro Audi's.
Sort of a good idea but too high, 200bhp might be better. Maybe an even better idea would be using bhp/tonne
Old 13-02-2009, 22:35   #77

Haha i know the exact feeling your talking about, its better than any drink or drug in the world.

Scoobys may not be as "hardcore" as evos but IMO scoobys sound 10x better, just a shame they have become so common (obviously im referring to the older shape imprezas now mostly owned by chavs). The newer shape imprezas are very good looking and have amazing presence on the road.
Old 14-02-2009, 03:22   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Haha i know the exact feeling your talking about, its better than any drink or drug in the world.

Scoobys may not be as "hardcore" as evos but IMO scoobys sound 10x better, just a shame they have become so common (obviously im referring to the older shape imprezas now mostly owned by chavs). The newer shape imprezas are very good looking and have amazing presence on the road.

yep agree 100% the brand is suffering really as loads of dead heads are picking old ones up for peanuts and making the brand look stupid id love a classic shape sti type ra but i just could live with the image and the newage equivalent is the spec-c r-ra which is over £30,000.

where in ossie you work as i remember u saying in another post
Old 14-02-2009, 03:30   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Sort of a good idea but too high, 200bhp might be better. Maybe an even better idea would be using bhp/tonne

200bhp is nothing to be honest but i do think new drivers (notice i didnt say young) should have some sort of power limit applied for a length of time, i also think compulsary extra traing should be done i.e skidpan, poor weather,motorway driving and the likes.
Old 14-02-2009, 04:14   #80

I work at booze buster on union road.

I think a limit on the power/wieght ratio would be the best soloution as its probably the most accurate way to measure a cars potential performance.
Old 14-02-2009, 06:02   #81
Roy
Administrator

Speaking of advanced driving courses, I have had these recommended to me:
Ride Drive | Defensive Driving > Advanced Motorcycle Training > Fleet Course
Car Limits
I definitely think its a good idea to go on advanced courses if you want to learn how to drive your performance car 'properly'.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 08:09   #82
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossywarrior View Post
200bhp is nothing to be honest but i do think new drivers (notice i didnt say young) should have some sort of power limit applied for a length of time, i also think compulsary extra traing should be done i.e skidpan, poor weather,motorway driving and the likes.
200bhp is a lot when you have just passed your test in something with 90bhp. Like you said maybe it should be to do with driving experience. All very hard to prove though.

I don't know how old you all are but if you passed your test after 1st Jan 1997 you have a lot of classifications missing that everyone used to get as standard. Did you know you can't drive a minibus with between 9 and 16 seats any more, or a 7.5tonne truck?
Old 14-02-2009, 08:44   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossywarrior View Post
the one problem u have there is you would need a re-map to really get the best from the extra and from what i have heard there is only one company that will re-map audi's with tiptronic boxes

When I wrote “chipped” I did in fact mean that it had been re-mapped. The re-mapping was done by Superchips via a visit to Demon Tweeks in Wrexham where I took the car for the work mentioned.

The diagnostic port was hooked up to a laptop, the info on the ECU downloaded and sent off to Superchips. The re-mapped programme is sent back and installed. No actual “chip” replacement took place.
Old 14-02-2009, 14:06   #84
God Member

Entwisi's new motor.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 14:38   #85
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
When I wrote “chipped” I did in fact mean that it had been re-mapped. The re-mapping was done by Superchips via a visit to Demon Tweeks in Wrexham where I took the car for the work mentioned.

The diagnostic port was hooked up to a laptop, the info on the ECU downloaded and sent off to Superchips. The re-mapped programme is sent back and installed. No actual “chip” replacement took place.
I thought a quality remap was done using data collected on a dyno. Yours sounds like a generic tweak.
Old 14-02-2009, 19:18   #86
God Member

OK, not polished and I only had a few mins before it was going dark and taken on my phone but here she is!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14022009092.jpg (106.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 14022009094.jpg (99.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 14022009095.jpg (90.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 14022009096.jpg (84.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 14022009097.jpg (102.9 KB, 37 views)

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 21:41   #87

Looks nice that.

Drivers seat looks very inviting lol, not keen on the wood trim but im fussy about things like that.

Nice motor though.....any engine pics?
Old 14-02-2009, 22:05   #88

Posted via Mobile Device
Ossywarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 22:07   #89

yeh sounds like a generic chip like blu fin, mine was a livemap involving lots of sensors on car, a man with a laptop and a tank of fuel :-)
Ossywarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 23:12   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I thought a quality remap was done using data collected on a dyno. Yours sounds like a generic tweak.

It was a £490 installation, whether it was a quality install will always be open to debate, it’s what I could afford and I’m happy.

Not sure about the "generic" thing, it's a specific make/model product, so in that sense it isn't generic. Having said that I guess it will be generic to all the makes and models of that specific type.

As said, all my stuff was downloaded, the ECU wiped and replaced with the new stuff. There was no dyno involved to determine what would be required, guess they would have done it to show the "before" and "afters" if asked...for a small fee no doubt

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..