Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2012, 16:37   #16

Re: Noel Gallagher Interview!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
How did you swallow what he said about drugs - that it's part of the music game and that he's glad he took them, but no longer does take them! How do you square that with your attitudes to drugs
Because I don't agree with drugs misuse doesn't mean that I dismiss all people who use or have used drugs out of hand.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-03-2012, 16:43   #17

Quote:
Your an idiot! I was asking a bonafida question! Anne said she liked Gallagher! He said he has taken drugs and is glad he did! When I said that, Anne was attacking me - bit hypocritical don't you think!
Whatever is the matter with you? I would like to know when I have ever attacked you, I have no idea who you are and if I happen to disagree with your point of view does that amount to an attack? If so could it not equally be said that you have attacked me on several occasions?
Old 31-03-2012, 16:50   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
The Beatles were making great music before the whole drugs thing kicked in. Agree with you about Oasis and the Gallaghers though.
Your wrong there Suzie, the Beatles were using amphetamines every night in Hamburg before they even got a record deal! So they have always used drugs in their music!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 17:18   #19

Quote:
Your wrong there Suzie, the Beatles were using amphetamines every night in Hamburg before they even got a record deal! So they have always used drugs in their music!
Who cares whether she is is right or wrong? Does it really matter whether the Beatles took drugs? Do I care? What point are you trying to make?
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 17:31   #20
God Member

Many people seem to be eager to register opinion on the Gallaghers and their previous band without checking their facts first. Quite ironic really.

Noel was saying that Oasis were the biggest band in the world for a short time in 1996 when they played Knebworth, which is a fact. (They sold the most tickets and the most records.) He went on to say that Oasis were the last of that breed of British bands to achieve such acclaim, which seems likely to prove true as the music industry is now such a different beast.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 17:59   #21
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=kestrelx;981415]Your an idiot!
Pot kettle kettle pot springs to mind and you seem to be a little paranoid or have a persecution complex .Infamy infamy they've all got it in for me.Try talking some sense for a change you might see a difference in peoples responses
Old 31-03-2012, 18:54   #22
Senior Member+

MEH. Speed has never done good for anybody!

As for influencing musicians...pfff I disagree they would have had much influence by what was known as a dietary aids back then. It was prescription based in the 60's and by 1971 It became a schedule II drug under the Controlled Substances Act in 1971.

A friend I once worked with said to me(who was in his late 50s) "everybody was doing speed in 60s and nobody thought anything much of it because it our wives got them from over the counter"

The point is they wasn't illegal drugs and therefore in that timeframe your point is invalid. IMO

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Many people seem to be eager to register opinion on the Gallaghers and their previous band without checking their facts first. Quite ironic really.
Dude coming from an oasis fan--- the comment is biased
Old 31-03-2012, 18:58   #23
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
MEH. Speed has never done good for anybody!

As for influencing musicians...pfff I disagree they would have had much influence by what was known as a dietary aids back then. It was prescription based in the 60's and by 1971 It became a schedule II drug under the Controlled Substances Act in 1971.

A friend I once worked with said to me(who was in his late 50s) "everybody was doing speed in 60s and nobody thought anything much of it because it our wives got them from over the counter"

The point is they wasn't illegal drugs and therefore in that timeframe your point is invalid. IMO
Thanks Rob you made that point far more eloquently than I could.
Old 31-03-2012, 19:34   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Dude coming from an oasis fan--- the comment is biased
Of course it is. Just as your 'Oasis made one good album' standpoint is.

However, you must be growing fond of them, as you haven't actually said which part of my post you disagree with; only putting forward the sixth form critical thinking retort of, "BIAS! BIAS! MUST COVER MY EARS AAAAA WRONG WRONG WRONG!".

Promising.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 20:11   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Who cares whether she is is right or wrong? Does it really matter whether the Beatles took drugs? Do I care? What point are you trying to make?
You ask me that question - you havn't understood what was posted before this you are just reacting to my comment with out reading the previous posts.
Old 31-03-2012, 20:13   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
Because I don't agree with drugs misuse doesn't mean that I dismiss all people who use or have used drugs out of hand.
So your saying it's alright for Noel Gallagher to have taken drugs for 10 years and then to say "I'm glad I did it but I don't do it any more!" But for us lesser folks - it's wrong to say that?
Old 31-03-2012, 21:47   #27
Senior Member+

Yeah of course it was kinda meant to be a joke.

I did like the band a little, First album was pretty good. It isn't really a solid album for me. I haven't listened to them in a long time. Second album has 1/4 decent. As I said before the bsides was better. Masterplan is prob the best song they have done.

He openly rips songs off and admits it-- How has he gotten away with this I don't know?

They are two jerks--Mostly this is what people see and know. There seems to be no humility there whatsoever. Oasis won't be talked about as much as the beatles were. In fact the last album was in poundland

Its the same with guns and roses. They made good music but Axl Rose is a complete ass. He wen't on to do G&R without any other band member. I just wont entertain that. I hoped Noel might go on and do some good solo stuff... But what I heard sounded like the beatles...

Quote:
Of course it is. Just as your 'Oasis made one good album' standpoint is.

However, you must be growing fond of them, as you haven't actually said which part of my post you disagree with; only putting forward the sixth form critical thinking retort of, "BIAS! BIAS! MUST COVER MY EARS AAAAA WRONG WRONG WRONG!".

Promising.
Old 31-03-2012, 21:50   #28
Senior Member+

thanks....but...apart from my bad writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by restless
much of it because it our wives got them

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Thanks Rob you made that point far more eloquently than I could.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:34   #29

Quote:
So your saying it's alright for Noel Gallagher to have taken drugs for 10 years and then to say "I'm glad I did it but I don't do it any more!" But for us lesser folks - it's wrong to say that?
I don't think I've said that. Just to let you know my take on drugs misuse I will repeat what I have said on other threads. Apologies to everyone else for being repetative.
I have worked with young people who misuse substances for a number of years and I have seen first hand the devastating effects they can have on lives, not only of the user but also their families and of course the victims of the crimes drug users commit to either feed their habit or as a result of using mind altering substances. People with their lives and prospects in front of them become motivated only by where their next fix will come from and couldn't care less about anything else.
I won't go on about it any further although I could, but my point is that I cannot see any justification for legalising currently illegal substances. If they were to be legalised there would still be a black market - look at the current illegal trade in alcohol, tobacco and even DVDs, all of which are legal, but the duty on tobacco and alcohol means that people will always want cheaper options - the same would be true if drugs were legalised.
You seem to have me down as an old, ill informed and uneducated bigot Kestrelx. I have based my comments on professional knowledge and tried to be objective regarding my opinions. If your opinion is different to mine then so be it, I'm not really bothered nor am I trying to change the world. I am merely voicing my opinion based on the facts that I know from my own experience.
And as I said previously on this particular thread, I would never dismiss people purely because they have previously used or are currently using illegal (or legal) substances. I don't particularly like or dislike Oasis but I do find Noel Gallagher to be an entertaining and articulate person who is interesting to listen to. The fact that he used drugs is irrelevant. And for every Noel Gallagher there are thousands of others who have not managed their substance use so successfully.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:28   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Noel was saying that Oasis were the biggest band in the world for a short time in 1996 when they played Knebworth, which is a fact. (They sold the most tickets and the most records.) He went on to say that Oasis were the last of that breed of British bands to achieve such acclaim, which seems likely to prove true as the music industry is now such a different beast.
Funny that shaker, I have an extensive record collection and can't seem to find one of Oasis, suppose its a matter of whether you like that type of music, can say exactly the same about The Smiths and Stone Roses, its a matter of taste really, to me Oasis were trying to emulate the Beatles, which I think one of the Gallaghers once said, but to me they didn't do a very good job in that department

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..