Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2012, 23:30   #1
Senior Member+

Noel Gallagher Interview!

Did anyone see the Noel Gallagher interview tonight with Mark Lawson?

Mark Lawson Talks to Noel Gallagher, 11.20pm, BBC4 - Entertainment - Corkman.ie

Noel claims Oasis are the biggest band ever and no one will ever touch them! What do you think about his claims? A product of his over blown ego?

Oasis bigger and better than U2? The Beatles? Everybody else who every played a guitar?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2012, 23:48   #2

Re: Noel Gallagher Interview!

Yes I've just watched it, I really like Noel Gallagher, I think he's a really intelligent, creative and interesting person. I can see where he's coming from retrospectively in that there aren't many people as famous as Oasis from that time, and I do think they were talented, but they were most definitely not the biggest band ever, there are far far bigger talents than them.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 23:57   #3
Senior Member+

Both of them Noel and Liam are pretentious aholes. Oasis' first album was quite good, then come a few good songs which turned out to b-sides from singles from the second album. Everything else is just bland, boring and soulless.

More annoyingly they seem to think they are on equal par to Lennon and the Beatles.
Old 31-03-2012, 00:16   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
Yes I've just watched it, I really like Noel Gallagher, I think he's a really intelligent, creative and interesting person. I can see where he's coming from retrospectively in that there aren't many people as famous as Oasis from that time, and I do think they were talented, but they were most definitely not the biggest band ever, there are far far bigger talents than them.
How did you swallow what he said about drugs - that it's part of the music game and that he's glad he took them, but no longer does take them! How do you square that with your attitudes to drugs
Old 31-03-2012, 06:55   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
How did you swallow what he said about drugs - that it's part of the music game and that he's glad he took them, but no longer does take them! How do you square that with your attitudes to drugs
For gods sake change the record you are obsessed, people have disagreed with your view on drugs thats what debate is about. You seem to bring drugs into every post/thread you do.
Old 31-03-2012, 08:04   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
For gods sake change the record you are obsessed, people have disagreed with your view on drugs thats what debate is about. You seem to bring drugs into every post/thread you do.
Well when drugs have shaped your life, people like birdy tend to keep harping on about then, its like an addiction really
Old 31-03-2012, 08:06   #7
Resting in Peace

If you've heard one Oasis record you've heard um all, gallagher was a legend in his own lunch hour
Old 31-03-2012, 08:56   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Your an idiot! I was asking a bonafida question! Anne said she liked Gallagher! He said he has taken drugs and is glad he did! When I said that, Anne was attacking me - bit hypocritical don't you think!

Last edited by kestrelx; 31-03-2012 at 08:59.
Old 31-03-2012, 08:58   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Both of them Noel and Liam are pretentious aholes. Oasis' first album was quite good, then come a few good songs which turned out to b-sides from singles from the second album. Everything else is just bland, boring and soulless.

More annoyingly they seem to think they are on equal par to Lennon and the Beatles.
I agree with you on this - I did a search apparently U2 sold 150 Million records Oasis 50 Million. Oasis no where near as good as the Beatles or the Who or even the Stones - their songs arn't that good though they have a few good ones!
Old 31-03-2012, 09:47   #10

Quote:
Your an idiot! I was asking a bonafida question! Anne said she liked Gallagher! He said he has taken drugs and is glad he did! When I said that, Anne was attacking me - bit hypocritical don't you think!
Read the posts above. Anne didn't attack you. However, you do go on about drugs a lot.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 10:22   #11
Senior Member+

I have often thought that It seemed that the majority of great music was written by drug users.

Well there is the proof against that

Beatles were high on drugs-- they made great music
Oasis were high on drugs-- most of their music sucks

Old 31-03-2012, 10:36   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
If you've heard one Oasis record you've heard um all, gallagher was a legend in his own lunch hour
A bit like your posts!
Old 31-03-2012, 10:45   #13
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Both of them Noel and Liam are pretentious aholes.
Quote:
Beatles were high on drugs-- they made great music
Oasis were high on drugs-- most of their music sucks
The Beatles were making great music before the whole drugs thing kicked in. Agree with you about Oasis and the Gallaghers though.
Old 31-03-2012, 10:59   #14
Senior Member+

yeah true. But their music took a drug related turn and was still great.

Oasis sing about cocaine and champagne and well... it sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
The Beatles were making great music before the whole drugs thing kicked in. Agree with you about Oasis and the Gallaghers though.
Old 31-03-2012, 13:55   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
A bit like your posts!
That's rich coming from a druggy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..