Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Port Vale Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/port-vale-thread-57248.html)

new red 19-03-2011 21:18

Re: Port Vale Thread

Fantastic result dare we start to believe we can reach the play offs now. i certainly hope so. Well done.

yonmon 19-03-2011 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabeast (Post 892853)
Just a minor point but we have now surpassed 50 points. Well done reds

And was it really the 50th Goal that Ian Craney has scored for the Reds that helped them achieve this ?...
or am I wrong as usual ??.

lancsdave 19-03-2011 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by new red (Post 892888)
Fantastic result dare we start to believe we can reach the play offs now. i certainly hope so. Well done.

9 points off automatic and 2 games in hand, maybe you need to aim higher :)

sparkie 19-03-2011 21:31

Shush Dave!! We do realistic optimism not lightheaded dreaming.:D

AsFc62 19-03-2011 22:59

Luke Joyce = Unsung Hero.

Reamer 19-03-2011 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsFc62 (Post 892900)
Luke Joyce = Unsung Hero.

Couldn't agree more. Last 4 or 5 games Joyce has played great. Must be due MOM soon

VALAIRIAN 20-03-2011 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 892889)
And was it really the 50th Goal that Ian Craney has scored for the Reds that helped them achieve this ?...
or am I wrong as usual ??.

You are - as usual - correct Yonmon!!!!

ddevil2006 20-03-2011 07:21

Yes Craney scored 46 goals before he left, in 2008/09

afrikaaner 20-03-2011 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 892848)
Thought Craney had an excellent game today...arguably his best since returning. Instead of just his one moment of brilliance, he gave us that AND really got amongst the action for the rest of the game, too. Onwards to triumph! :Banane09:

I don't normally post on here Wynonie for obvious reasons,but i was at the game yesterday and i thought accy gave a good workman like performance.I agree with you Craney had a great game,he was chasing everything,i honestly thought he should have got the man of the match.He had a hand in 2 goals and scored one,carry on like this and the play offs seem like a realistic vision now.Maybe there is a god after all......................

Dan 20-03-2011 09:05

Some more match reaction for you here. First, scorer of the first goal Sean McConville - ASFC News Story > 3940

lancsdave 20-03-2011 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkie (Post 892893)
Shush Dave!! We do realistic optimism not lightheaded dreaming.:D

2 years ago I was doing realistic optimism, look what happened :D

Dan 20-03-2011 09:20

And here is Ian Craney talking about his landmark of 50 goals for the club - YouTube - 20-03 craney 50th goal.wmv

Wynonie Harris 20-03-2011 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by afrikaaner (Post 892915)
I don't normally post on here Wynonie for obvious reasons,but i was at the game yesterday and i thought accy gave a good workman like performance.I agree with you Craney had a great game,he was chasing everything,i honestly thought he should have got the man of the match.He had a hand in 2 goals and scored one,carry on like this and the play offs seem like a realistic vision now.Maybe there is a god after all......................

Don't know what the "obvious reasons" are for you not posting on here, but no matter...I would hope that after yesterday, you'll be back on the Clayton End a lot more regularly! :)

football19 20-03-2011 10:02

Another great performance,and another clean sheet.Make no mistake vale are a good team who can play football and are also very dangerous at corners and freekicks.
Thats why the keeper once again caught my eye,he came and caught everything even when under enormous pressure,also hes got a good kicking game and physical presence,
He looks more confident each game he plays.
Just a bit worried that after all the high tempo performances there putting in,it will catch up on them (niggling injuries,pulls,fatigue etc ),but theres no sign of it yet,so what do i know,
PS - I know people on here want sean macc to play like roy keane,but thats not his game,thought his touch and awareness today was first class,leave the tackling to others !!!

Outback Ozzy 20-03-2011 12:03

I did not realise, until I looked at the stats on BBC website, that Port Vale did not have one shot on target throughout the game and only 4 off target! and it would appear that 3 is indeed a lucky number for us, here's hoping for 3 more on Tuesday and Saturday against Crewe and Aldershot respectively. From a personal point of view though, I thought Stanley were workmanlike throughout the game and when called for, Alex Cisak made some outstanding catches apart from one minor hiccough in the first half, the defence had a very solid game.