Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Port Vale Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/port-vale-thread-57248.html)

Dan 18-03-2011 16:10

Port Vale Thread

Hello everyone...

Your match preview is here - ASFC News Story > 3935

And here's some JUAN Coleman (you'll have to listen to understand!) - YouTube - 18-03 coleman pre-port vale.wmv

More to come
Dan

maccawozzagod 18-03-2011 17:40

Re: Port Vale Thread

good work Dan

NellyTheValiant 18-03-2011 18:53

About time your biggest game of the season and you only start a thread in the late afternoon of the day before.

More interested in Comic Relief eh?

Hello BTW

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Not so much watching the Vale but making the trip having a few beers and moaning about the board. Think you'll beat us to beat honest the football under Gannon has been dull, boring, unadventurous and very defensive. Hope that it doesn't ruin the game for you too.

mab 18-03-2011 19:15

:) Just a little extra... Jim Gannon told the Official Site he was prepared for a tough encounter at the Crown Ground: 'They play a continental 4-3-2-1 formation and have got three excellent attacking midfielders in McConville, Craney and Ryan. They have also got a very good free transfer in Terry Gornell, who I rate highly.

'They have really improved this year and I think they have grown as a team, so Saturday will be a real challenge for us.'

Accrington Stanley Team News:

Coleman looks set to name the side that beat Burton Albion on Tuesday as he continues to be without injury victims Leam Richardson and Charlie Barnett.

Possible Team: Cisak, Winnard, Hessey, Edwards, Jacobsen, Procter, Ryan, McConville, Joyce, Craney, Gornell.
Player to watch: Sean McConville

The attacking midfielder has already netted nine times this season and will pose a threat along with fellow midfielders Ian Craney and Jimmy Ryan. The 22 year old started his career at Skelmersdale United before making the switch to Accrington in 2009.
Port Vale Team News:

Gannon could make changes to the side that lost at home to Oxford. Gareth Owen should be fit following his lengthy lay off with the knee and ankle injuries he sustained during the 1-1 draw at Wycombe at the beginning of February, but it is unlikely he will start. Stuart Tomlinson will be hopeful of regaining his position after replacing Chris Martin in goal at half time last week. Anthony Griffith, Rob Taylor and Louis Dodds will all be in contention for a recall. Dominic Blizzard has been named in the squad following his switch from Bristol Rovers.

Possible Team: Tomlinson, Yates, McCombe, Collins, K Taylor, Geohaghon, Morsy, Blizzard, M Richards, J Richards, Haldane.

Dan 19-03-2011 08:21

Here are some thoughts from a confident Phil Edwards ahead of the game - ASFC News Story > 3937

And here is what else is inside today's programme - ASFC News Story > 3936

Outback Ozzy 19-03-2011 09:41

Thanks for the info Dan,
personally, coming to Accy about 1200 ish, going to Fire Station on Hyndburn Road for charity car wash (Fire Service benevolent fund) then up to the ground for pie and a pint and to peruse the new kit hopefully. See yas all there today.

Dan 19-03-2011 13:03

It's a sunny old afternoon at the Crown... Pitch is looking okay again and I await team news.

Dan

Dan 19-03-2011 13:31

John Coleman has stuck with the same starting line up for the fourth successive match for this afternoon's game with Port Vale.

Charlie Barnett returns from injury to take a place on the bench.

Stanley: Cisak, Winnard, Edwards, Hessey, Jacobson, Procter, Joyce, Ryan, Craney, McConville, Gornell

Subs: Dunbavin, Long, Lindfield, Putterill, Murphy, Boulding, Barnett

Dan 19-03-2011 13:57

The teams have just headed back to the changing rooms - nearly time to get going...

lancsdave 19-03-2011 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 892745)
The teams have just headed back to the changing rooms - nearly time to get going...

Have you checked the pies are in the warmer ? :D

DaveinGermany 19-03-2011 14:02

Afternoon all ! :) Right then, lets have a good un' today with a good result & lots of goals. :D

Dan 19-03-2011 14:04

We're off!

Dan 19-03-2011 14:07

Dave in Germany, I'd settle for a rubbish 1-0 win!!!!

And t'other Dave, I live in hope of pie goodness later...

DaveinGermany 19-03-2011 14:09

See Cheltenham are already 2 up against Bury :confused:

EDIT THAT Bury just got one back.

Or maybe not ?????

DaveinGermany 19-03-2011 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 892749)
Dave in Germany, I'd settle for a rubbish 1-0 win!!!!

And t'other Dave, I live in hope of pie goodness later...

I suppose we all would in honesty, but hey, no harm in living in hope is there ? :D