Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Our neighbours.......... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/our-neighbours-70658.html)

Exile on Spencer St 08-08-2019 17:15

Re: Our neighbours..........

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1230203)
What also annoys me - and I know people can do what they want with their money!!! - is that 2/5 of those who have put money into $4£ord, were born in Bury :idunno:

:) :) :)

And doesn’t Gigg Lane have a stand named in honour of their father?

VALAIRIAN 08-08-2019 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1230204)
And doesn’t Gigg Lane have a stand named in honour of their father?

Correct my exiled friend...............

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2015/n...neville-stand/

monkey hanger 09-08-2019 08:08

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1230203]What also annoys me - and I know people can do what they want with their money!!! - is that 2/5 of those who have put money into $4£ord, were born in Bury :idunno:

thing is you have no option in where you are born but have options after that. the salford situation with them is history now. only they will know if they actually wanted to invest in bury before the salford situation and were shown the door. way things are going at bury and salford it seems they were wiser to invest in the latter.

VALAIRIAN 09-08-2019 09:24

But, they could put money in now and could have put it in years ago...................

Also, cannot say whether or not they were wiser after the fact.

If they had been involved somehow, things might not be as grave!

Anyway, as you say, all history now, just hope that they can get it sorted :)

VALAIRIAN 09-08-2019 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1230083)
Please post it on any ither forums you go on as well, solidarity between fans etc

https://www.facebook.com/23134272054...6920272987033/

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1230160)
There you go mate :)

Are you thinking of donning your boots? :)

https://accringtonstanley.co.uk/2019/08/fans-match/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1230161)
£2.50 per pint and a quid of it going to yonners. Can we get a thousand up there?

Wonder how much national publicity this has??

Not being a Social Media user, it is not easy to find out....

yonmon 09-08-2019 13:01

" Why bail out Bury after £4million blunder?
Transfer deadline day was reaching its shrill crescendo when the Football League announced that Bury's Carabao Cup game with Sheffield Wednesday was off.

It is easy, in the circumstances, to make comparisons between football's have and have nots; the fraction of Harry Maguire's transfer fee that would preserve football 10 miles down the road. How much was leaking out of the game to agents when Bury, and Bolton perhaps, lay dying.

Yet United paying the extortionate going rate for a sought-after centre half, or an agent securing his fee to facilitate a complex sequence of transfers, is not the reason Bury are struggling. They spent money they did not have to finance a promotion they could not afford.

Bury got it horribly wrong. That is the story of football throughout time. Clubs rise and fall because of good and bad decisions. These decisions are made on the field, by managers and coaches or in the boardroom "....

So quoth Martin Samuels in today's Daily Mail !, this opinion from one of the country's leading sportswriters flies headlong into the face of all that our fans who will be striving their best tomorrow to raise some funds for Bury's Fighting Fund and the rest of us are thinking !.

How can the rest of England's soccer world create some desire to help a struggling League 1 Club when faced with such negative words and opinions ?.

I despair !!.. BUT :-

ON BURY !.. ON TO SURVIVAL AND SUCCESS !

AccyMad 09-08-2019 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1230173)
The game will only make decent money if the players are charged to play. No idea what the arrangement is.

The players are paying £10 each to take part I believe

mab 10-08-2019 16:51

How did it go today??

VALAIRIAN 10-08-2019 17:15

Did not make it to the game - 16-1 to Stanley I believe - only went to ground :)

Not a bad turn out, as the weather was atrocious....

Got a good feeling from everybody there - Bury FANs in particular!!

Young lad with guitar singing was OK :)

Jase picked up the 'Lancashire Pals' trophy :)

Only had a couple of hours there, maybe get some other reports from other there :)

Lord Stiffupperlip 11-08-2019 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1230218)
" Why bail out Bury after £4 million blunder?
Bury got it horribly wrong. That is the story of football throughout time. Clubs rise and fall because of good and bad decisions. These decisions are made on the field, by managers and coaches or in the boardroom "....
So quoth Martin Samuel's in today's Daily Mail !, this opinion from one of the country's leading sportswriters flies headlong into the face of all that our fans who will be striving their best tomorrow to raise some funds for Bury's Fighting Fund and the rest of us are thinking !.

I normally respect Martin Samuel's column, but this is a cold hard view of the facts.
Football is more than an accountants balance sheet. It is about local communities.
About providing employment for young players & pleasure for loyal fans who pay to attend games.
If you take Samuel's argument to its logical conclusion; 'No mercy for unprofitable clubs!' - we'd end up with a football league of 5 or 6 clubs.
You've got to sympathise with Bury. In many respects they mirror Stanley.
A small local club trying to exist in the shadow of 2 giants of the game.
To rub salt in the wound, they've now got moneybags Salford on their doorstep.
The EFL's decision to cancel Saturdays game with us cost both Bury & ASFC.
Apart from the gate revenue, all of our hospitality revenue went down the drain.
Do you think the EFL will compensate Stanley for this?????
Martin Samuel's would do well to read the statement of the Bury chairman after the cancellation - he might well change his mind about where the guilt lies.
https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/a...stponed-by-efl

AccyMad 11-08-2019 15:24

Just over £1400 raised so far with the bar & BBQ takings still to be added in - brilliant!

yonmon 11-08-2019 18:28

Lord.S. !,

I applaud your post, but do you know what concerns me even more ? . It is the apparent corporate shrug of the shoulders accompanied by a general ' so what ? ' demonstrated by the rest of English football ( Accrington Stanley excepted of course ! )in relation to Bury's imminent demise as a League Football Club .
The ' haves ' are apparently winning this one hands down !.. which is both sad and worrying when thinking about the state of our National game !.

choirboy 12-08-2019 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1230258)
Just over £1400 raised so far with the bar & BBQ takings still to be added in - brilliant!

Despite the awful weather it was a great event and a super show of solidarity between fans of smaller clubs. The chaps and young lads had a really good run out in the match and their was a good turn out at the ground for the BBQ and beer session.:theband:
Whilst £1,400 + doesn’t sound much in the greater situation of a club in serious financial trouble, it certainly sends a message to the rest of the football world how firmly the fraternity of smaller clubs are standing together.:wave8::signbeer::rose8:
Andy Holt, ‘The People’s Chairman’, once again chatted with supporters of both clubs and he talks so much common sense......
We just need the powers that be to listen!:mosher:

AccyMad 15-08-2019 13:50

Total raised including a bucket collection on Tuesday night is just over £2,275 - absolutely brilliant

monkey hanger 16-08-2019 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1230264)
Lord.S. !,

The ' haves ' are apparently winning this one hands down !.. which is both sad and worrying when thinking about the state of our National game !.

true and the premier league talk about wages and transfer fees in money we cannot get our head around. non premier fans talk about if x or y is given by the premier league to help clubs out instead of inflating wages and transfer fees then this should be the way forward. the only problem with this is whats stopping another lower league club to overspend knowing there is a safety net if there spending does not come off. always supported a lowe league strugglng club and hate to see anyone go, but if the league cannot sort clubs out then i,m afraid some with their dodgy owners will have to go.