Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Our neighbours.......... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/our-neighbours-70658.html)

accybeme 23-08-2019 16:14

Re: Our neighbours..........

I would love to see someone that loves Bury fc buy the club, Dale & before him Day have been a disaster for the club & more so the staff & fans, I would not give a penny to the club while Dale is in charge, we are so lucky to have Andy Holt at Stanley

Exile on Spencer St 23-08-2019 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1230772)
....we are so lucky to have Andy Holt at Stanley

Amen to that!

Kiwi John 24-08-2019 01:52

Sold ??? Problem solved???... Hope so..https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49455433

AccyMad 24-08-2019 08:34

Not a done deal yet, seems to me a bit odd that this offer which has supposedly been on the table for the last 10 weeks or so hasn't been shown to the EFL until an hour or so before the deadline?
If they'd known of this possibility earlier, surely they could have been looking into it's viability to avoid any longer delays that a longer extension, should they allow it, will cause to the fixtures.
Just a thought

cashman 24-08-2019 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1230782)
Not a done deal yet, seems to me a bit odd that this offer which has supposedly been on the table for the last 10 weeks or so hasn't been shown to the EFL until an hour or so before the deadline?
If they'd known of this possibility earlier, surely they could have been looking into it's viability to avoid any longer delays that a longer extension, should they allow it, will cause to the fixtures.
Just a thought

agree personally think its a con job, hope not for the Bury fans sake.

monkey hanger 24-08-2019 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1230782)
Just a thought

its called hoping a better offer comes along. its sod bury, its all about the money.

AccyMad 24-08-2019 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1230787)
its called hoping a better offer comes along. its sod bury, its all about the money.

Absolutely! Let's hope that odious man didn't leave it too late

AccyMad 24-08-2019 11:56

Just been confirmed that the EFL have extended Bury's deadline till 5pm on Tuesday

Exile on Spencer St 24-08-2019 12:30

Expect another announcement from Dale at 4:59pm next Tuesday, then.

AccyMad 24-08-2019 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1230792)
Expect another announcement from Dale at 4:59pm next Tuesday, then.

That he's not prepared to sell after all? Wouldn't be surprised :rolleyes:

Twenty Eight 24-08-2019 14:04

To be fair they have been conducting due diligence for weeks but only made an offer yesterday.
Rory Campbell ain’t a bad young man - son of Alistair Campbell MP.
This is business.
If you want to buy something but know that there’s little it no interest you let the click run down then get it cheaper !
Can’t blame them.
I anticipate it will be over the line.

Exile on Spencer St 24-08-2019 15:50

Given that the ground is mortgaged for millions, I wouldn’t be in any great rush either.

DAV007 26-08-2019 03:58

Might be an unpopular opinion, but the games they have had to postpone so far should all be forfeited 3-0 (should also apply to Bolton vs Doncaster).

There has to be a punishment for not being able to fulfill fixtures.

EFL lack of clarity of rules and failure to stick to deadlines has exposed them as charlatans.

Twenty Eight 26-08-2019 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1230858)
Might be an unpopular opinion, but the games they have had to postpone so far should all be forfeited 3-0 (should also apply to Bolton vs Doncaster).

There has to be a punishment for not being able to fulfill fixtures.

EFL lack of clarity of rules and failure to stick to deadlines has exposed them as charlatans.

And how would that be fair on the rest of the clubs who could face a reasonable Bury side in November say ?

They have to fulfil their fixtures end of.

They will likely get a greater points deduction anyway.

Bolton and Bury are down even if they survive.

We’ve got to focus on not being in the other two berths.

Twenty Eight 26-08-2019 08:32

There are some decent lads training at Bury ready to sign if/when the deal is done.

Ironically one of them got rejected by us and is the creative midfielder type we’re missing.