Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   January transfer window (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/january-transfer-window-71433.html)

LongLostSon 05-01-2021 11:15

Re: January transfer window

Remember those two games well Exile. Tv cameras at Grays cos they were expecting to break a record with another straight win. Mangan got red for a bit of petulance and Coley was invited by the ref to watch from the stand !
At Aldershot we had to queue outside ground to await ref's last minute pitch inspection. Brought uncle Proccy Fan with me - at one point he needed a pee and when he came back I had to tell him about 2 rapid goals he had missed. Won 5 - 0 me thinks

Exile on Spencer St 05-01-2021 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongLostSon (Post 1248764)
Remember those two games well Exile. Tv cameras at Grays cos they were expecting to break a record with another straight win. Mangan got red for a bit of petulance and Coley was invited by the ref to watch from the stand !
At Aldershot we had to queue outside ground to await ref's last minute pitch inspection. Brought uncle Proccy Fan with me - at one point he needed a pee and when he came back I had to tell him about 2 rapid goals he had missed. Won 5 - 0 me thinks

Yeah, at the time I seem to recall Grays thought they would be walking into League 2, but an unfancied horse came up on the rails and beat the lot to the title! :)
Aldershot was a great result, but a ‘mere’ 1-4 score line on that night! :)

andyd 05-01-2021 17:31

Could Doniecian be on his way back ?

VALAIRIAN 05-01-2021 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248776)

Why do you ask??

:) :)

VALAIRIAN 05-01-2021 17:53

Quote:

And after his last loan spell....

andyd 05-01-2021 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1248777)
Why do you ask??

:) :)

Because he's available Coleman rates him can play right or left wing back/ full back, center half, or even midfield and he,s a decent player you add if you have ambitions of top six finish.Plus I think there could be room in the sguad as there could be some going the other way possibleby on loan.

cashman 05-01-2021 18:18

doubt if we have room to pay him, must be on a lot more than he was here? would love him back but cant see it myself,

andyd 05-01-2021 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248780)
doubt if we have room to pay him, must be on a lot more than he was here? would love him back but cant see it myself,

If and it's a big if Cashy he would probably be on loan yes I know that would make 7 but most aren't getting a game anyway and we have had more than that before.

Twenty Eight 06-01-2021 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248781)
If and it's a big if Cashy he would probably be on loan yes I know that would make 7 but most aren't getting a game anyway and we have had more than that before.

Time to look forwards not backwards.
We've got better defenders already.

andyd 06-01-2021 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1248799)
Time to look forwards not backwards.
We've got better defenders already.

Didn't stop us going for Roberts, one or two more signing in January according to John this morning, doesn't seem keen on picking McGuire, Mohammed or any of the younger lads so personally think defence could do with experienced cover.

Twenty Eight 06-01-2021 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248800)
Didn't stop us going for Roberts, one or two more signing in January according to John this morning, doesn't seem keen on picking McGuire, Mohammed or any of the younger lads so personally think defence could do with experienced cover.

It didn't and whilst this will be very unpopular I think any cost could have been invested better.
Has the same ring as the lauded return of Piero.

cashman 06-01-2021 18:40

Piero was a good player at the level we were at also a top bloke but nowhere near the standard of Roberts in my view.

MikeA 06-01-2021 19:47

Quote:

Rumour?
https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-...-with-donacien

VALAIRIAN 06-01-2021 21:08

Not sure Mike, but I think we both know Coley likes to sign the same players time and time again :)

Wonder if anybody will beat Craney??

:) :) :)

monkey hanger 07-01-2021 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248806)
Piero was a good player at the level we were at also a top bloke but nowhere near the standard of Roberts in my view.

or the standard of clarke at the time who had his position.