Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   January transfer window (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/january-transfer-window-71433.html)

Twenty Eight 29-01-2021 07:59

Re: January transfer window

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249646)
Well if you check he actually has, like I said he has been brought in to hopefully strengthen our strike force but as Coley likes players who adapt. he can play out wide as well, plus if he impresses his contract is up in July who knows

Rarely.
He's played right of a three like he did against us but only a couple of times with 2 up top.
When coming on as sub he's often replaced the right midfielder.
Maybe we will go 3-4-3 on occasions ?

andyd 29-01-2021 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249653)
Rarely.
He's played right of a three like he did against us but only a couple of times with 2 up top.
When coming on as sub he's often replaced the right midfielder.
Maybe we will go 3-4-3 on occasions ?

Also last season at Wycombe he played a few in a 2 and a few in a 3 depending on the formation makes him a very useful acquisition especially with his pace keep the opposition on its toes.

monkey hanger 29-01-2021 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249655)
Also last season at Wycombe he played a few in a 2 and a few in a 3 depending on the formation makes him a very useful acquisition especially with his pace keep the opposition on its toes.

agree on that. at least he can play in more than one position and not just in an emergency. think its a good move bringing him back especially as i was more than a bit worried who we actually did or were able to sign.

andyd 31-01-2021 16:42

Just wondering if big Ryan Edwards could be on our radar Wigan were rumoured to be interested but have brought Tilt in on loan, Edwards is up at Dundee United but his family are down here, rumoured to want a move near home, 27 6ft 5in decent player would probably involve small fee but wages probably right just a thought.

andyd 01-02-2021 09:46

John Coleman expecting it to be a quiet day regarding incomings on deadline day, 2 targets missed and 2 wanting money we haven't got.

monkey hanger 01-02-2021 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249771)
John Coleman expecting it to be a quiet day regarding incomings on deadline day, 2 targets missed and 2 wanting money we haven't got.

as long as there are no outgoings i,m not all that bothered to be honest. do not want anyone who may be sub standard signed even on loan who at the best only makes the bench and then unused just for the sake of it.

StanleyJosh 01-02-2021 10:53

surprised at least not 1 outgoing.

andyd 01-02-2021 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1249777)
surprised at least not 1 outgoing.

Just listened to his interview doesn't mention any leaving but hasn't given up hope on 1 today incoming, what was more interesting was how the club might be more attractive in 12 months with the new facilities behind the main stand and the training pitch? , something I have banged on a bit for a while in the past training facilities or lack of I personally know has put players off in the past. The big question is where is this pitch at the sports hub my gut feeling or elsewhere.

andyd 01-02-2021 12:50

Looking like another midfielder on loan coming in Adam Phillips from Burnley currently on loan for his second stint at Morecambe.

Tin Monkey 01-02-2021 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249779)
Looking like another midfielder on loan coming in Adam Phillips from Burnley currently on loan for his second stint at Morecambe.

If this is true [and I've no reason to believe it's not] then it would be a good signing. He's very highly thought of at Morecambe.

andyd 01-02-2021 16:08

Signing (s) imminent.

AccyMad 01-02-2021 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249782)
Signing (s) imminent.

What position does Imminent play? :)

StanleyJosh 01-02-2021 16:27

2 in and signed on the dotted line.

andyd 01-02-2021 16:30

Could be a nightmare for Dan Jewell imminent 1 and imminent 2 in the same lineup.

andyd 01-02-2021 17:43

Welcome on board Adam Phillips on loan till end of season could be a shrewd signing this one scores plenty from midfield, unavailable for tomorrow , permanent signing to be announced later tying paperwork over assume also unavailable tomorrow.