Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Covid and Fixtures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/covid-and-fixtures-71446.html)

andyd 19-07-2021 09:42

Re: Covid and Fixtures

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1255298)
calming down the pre rehearst goal celebrations would be an idea. cannot see how scoring is more exciting now for players than it was years ago.

Good point in a 5 / 5 draw 10 minutes could be taken of the 90.

monkey hanger 19-07-2021 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255304)
Good point in a 5 / 5 draw 10 minutes could be taken of the 90.

that rubbish as well as badge kissing, wrestling for the ball after getting a goal back and running to the half way line to pop it on the spot are stuff i could do without. as if the opposition are going to rush the start for the latter.

andyd 19-07-2021 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1255308)
that rubbish as well as badge kissing, wrestling for the ball after getting a goal back and running to the half way line to pop it on the spot are stuff i could do without. as if the opposition are going to rush the start for the latter.

Agree a lot is to do with no respect for the official,s unlike in rugby for instance, celebrate a goal by all means but as quickly as possible as for the other things clamp down on them, carding would be a start instead of stupid rules like the late raising of linesman flag at offside,s.

Lord Stiffupperlip 19-07-2021 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255310)
Agree a lot is to do with no respect for the official,s unlike in rugby for instance, celebrate a goal by all means but as quickly as possible as for the other things clamp down on them, carding would be a start instead of stupid rules like the late raising of linesman flag at offside,s.

I'd like to know which bright-spark came up with this insane interpretation of the offside rule, ie; allowing play to continue before penalising the offence.
Even if offside within inches of the half-way line, officials allow play to proceed, often resulting in goals being scored & then disallowed. Absolute madness!
Any offside should be flagged immediately at the point of offence to avoid wasted play. How can the linesman remember exactly where the offence occurred if play is allowed to continue?
The other joke has been adapted from the 'all of the ball must be over the line' goal scenario to permitting players to place balls outside the quadrant when taking corners.
Seems that 'all of the ball is within the quadrant if 1mm of the ball is 'touching' the outer edge of the quadrant'.
This fad has resulted in players taking liberties with corner kicks - especially when the linesman is on the opposite side of the field.
Why bother marking quadrants when they're now simply ignored.

andyd 20-07-2021 07:07

Blackpool apparently cancelling friendly with Rangers due to out break at club, Sheffield United effectively shut down, by season start everyone should be virtually vaccinated decisions needed now on the need for all this routine testing and isolating if your pinged on the app which most people are ditching anyway can you blame them. Boris announced nightclubs can open then shortly after said they will probably be super spreader events and in the future you will need vaccination passports for entry, hang on to your hats it's going to be a roller coaster next few weeks into the new season expect nothing to be straightforward.

monkey hanger 20-07-2021 08:33

[QUOTE=Lord Stiffupperlip;1255326]I'd like to know which bright-spark came up with this insane interpretation of the offside rule, ie; allowing play to continue before penalising the offence.

then what is the refs correct decision if this player gets hacked down by a defender on the way to the goal. send that player off or bring it back when the linesman eventually decides to flag for the correct offside decision. just another sodding minefield thats bound to happen for players and officials. to cut a long story short that happened to me in my first ever cup final. i gave the offside and just a quick word to the defender and no more. i got away with it but still not sure if what i did was totally correct.

andyd 20-07-2021 08:47

Could be a sign of things to come Ipswich just announced their 2 friendly,s against Millwall and Palace you will need if over 11years old proof of negative flow test no later than 48 hours previous to game, or proof of full vaccination second dose at least 14 days prior to game.

Exile on Spencer St 20-07-2021 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1255326)
I'd like to know which bright-spark came up with this insane interpretation of the offside rule, ie; allowing play to continue before penalising the

I read somewhere that it was in response to VAR. If a player goes on to score, they check offside on VAR anyway. If linesmen erroneously flag for off side and a goal chance is thwarted, they get criticised by the armchair fans and TV pundits.
But that doesn’t explain why the old rule (the on-field officials’ decision) doesn’t still apply where there is no VAR (90% of games?) or when it’s just over the half way line.

Seems that 'all of the ball is within the quadrant if 1mm of the ball is 'touching' the outer edge of the quadrant'.

In footie, that’s the rules. The lines are ‘in play’ and all of the ball must cross it to be out of play. So, the reverse applies - having a tiny slice of the ball over the very edge of the quadrant puts it in play.
In rugby the line is out of play. Step on it and that’s in touch.
Hard enough taking a corner at some grounds without having to place the ball right next to the corner flag.

monkey hanger 21-07-2021 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1255337)
In footie, that’s the rules. The lines are ‘in play’ and all of the ball must cross it to be out of play. So, the reverse applies - having a tiny slice of the ball over the very edge of the quadrant puts it in play.
In rugby the line is out of play. Step on it and that’s in touch.
Hard enough taking a corner at some grounds without having to place the ball right next to the corner flag.

pity football does not follow rugby where the line makes it out of play instead of the whole ball needing to be out of play before the game is stopped. would make the linesmans job far easier as its near on impossible in real time to see if the ball in completely over the line when its close to it.

Exile on Spencer St 21-07-2021 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1255350)
pity football does not follow rugby where the line makes it out of play instead of the whole ball needing to be out of play before the game is stopped. would make the linesmans job far easier as its near on impossible in real time to see if the ball in completely over the line when its close to it.

I agree, MH, it would be easier for linesmen just for throw-ins.
But, if the line is out of play, where, as his Lordship raised, would you put the ball for a corner? It would need an even bigger quadrant, within which the entire ball would fit without touching any line, or a spot like the penalty.

Tennis is the same, the lines are ‘in’ and minutes in most games are now spent waiting for Hawkeye to do the lines-person’s impossible job.

monkey hanger 21-07-2021 10:38

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1255355]I agree, MH, it would be easier for linesmen just for throw-ins.
But, if the line is out of play, where, as his Lordship raised, would you put the ball for a corner? It would need an even bigger quadrant, within which the entire ball would fit without touching any line,

easy. as long as the ball does not physically touch the line then its fair. the quadrant size could remain the same. the penalty spot could actually be a circle a bit larger than the penalty spot. would help in parks football as at some paces its an impossibility to place it on the spot as its in a hole making taking it a near impossibility if the ref demands the player to put it on the spot itself.

ferret man 21-07-2021 19:39

I would like to see another quad drawn 10 yards from the corner flag so the players know where to stand, another change would be that the Ref has a string 3 foot (1yard) with a loop at each end and puts one on each leg when striding out free kicks.

MikeA 21-07-2021 22:14

There's already a provision to make a mark 10 yards from the corner flag on both the goal line and touchline. I'm not sure when this is done, though.
https://www.thefa.com/football-rules...-field-of-play

I've often wondered why referees' paces are always exactly one yard. Surely there are some who need 11 paces to cover 10 yards. :confused:

andyd 22-07-2021 06:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1255372)
There's already a provision to make a mark 10 yards from the corner flag on both the goal line and touchline. I'm not sure when this is done, though.
https://www.thefa.com/football-rules...-field-of-play

I've often wondered why referees' paces are always exactly one yard. Surely there are some who need 11 paces to cover 10 yards. :confused:

All sorts of wrist waring device,s that measures distances spot on why not introduce these for refs no arguments then or is that to simple for the rule makers.

monkey hanger 22-07-2021 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1255372)

its done because of the crowd and players. when i started i measured out 10 yards in the garden. being quite tall that equated to 9 paces. made em a bit shorter to do it in 10. little blokes will probebly do the opposite. marking out more or less than 10 gives players and fans something else to gripe about.