Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Covid and Fixtures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/covid-and-fixtures-71446.html)

Twenty Eight 23-07-2021 19:43

Re: Covid and Fixtures

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255406)
No I read it on a football related papers website I promised Cashy I do a bit more digging but I haven't had chance yet so no it's not my opinion has I personally think it's a stupid suggestion, I suggest you do a bit of research yourself before suggesting I am stirring the pot.

I'm not interested in research too much nonsense out there.
I didn't put it you did !
Your post says double jabs a necessity by 1 October !!

NORTHERNSOUL 23-07-2021 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1255415)
I'm not interested in research too much nonsense out there.
I didn't put it you did !
Your post says double jabs a necessity by 1 October !!

Its been posted on lots of sites so there's definitely something behind it

But I think its all part of a plan to start mopping up that last 15% who haven't had a jab yet.

The rumour is now that they're going to say no Jabs no Uni next as that will catch a lot of them personally i.d just pay all the 18 to 30..s 300 quid each to have the jabs and it would cost a damm site less than another lockdown and if they got all the students jabbed it would surely take us pretty close to the Herd Immunity figure.

But what I don't get with all these ping alerts why don't companies just ban employees from bringing their mobiles into work no mobiles no pings although god knows what for the life of me why anybody would have downloaded the app in the first place.

Although i.m a great believer in personal freedoms i find myself on the other side on this one if I had my way i.d shut life down for anybody who hasn't had their jabs as I see that as the fastest way to get enough of the remainder jabbed to achieve that immunity and let the rest of us get back to the footy and the rest of our lives.

Chewbacca 24-07-2021 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1255412)
how so? there are 36 million had 2 jabs

I got nothing until late March and I am well over the average age of 40, I booked first jab in May and 2nd on 1st August when the slots would allow me to.

monkey hanger 24-07-2021 08:45

its not a question about vaccinations or wether to have them or not. we need some form of clarity and not just about football where we need double jabs for. its typical johnson being vague again getting people adding 2 and 2 again and coming out with a diane abbott answer. back to football and stanley. andy holt said that there would be no season ticket money refunded this season. what happens if this did come in. there will be fans who will not, cannot be jabbed.

monkey hanger 24-07-2021 08:49

[QUOTE=NORTHERNSOUL;1255417]

But what I don't get with all these ping alerts why don't companies just ban employees from bringing their mobiles into work no mobiles no pings although god knows what for the life of me why anybody would have downloaded the app in the first place.

asking some to leave their mobiles at home before they come to work is akin to asking em to have their leg amputated before they can start. can imagine also that some will download anything if its available if they are interested or not. just glad i,m a luddite.

DaveinGermany 25-07-2021 09:43

In the papers today

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/14...hnson-news-ont

monkey hanger 25-07-2021 09:54

again its answers that we need now. better him saying nothing than being vague about what a large gathering could actually be. places of worship are large gatherings in some religeons but i doubt they,ll end up being affected by his regulations. i do not need to spell things out on this unlike johnson does about his initial vaccine restrictions does.

andyd 25-07-2021 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1255443)
again its answers that we need now. better him saying nothing than being vague about what a large gathering could actually be. places of worship are large gatherings in some religeons but i doubt they,ll end up being affected by his regulations. i do not need to spell things out on this unlike johnson does about his initial vaccine restrictions does.

Couldn't run a **** up in Stanley,s beer tent😁

cashman 25-07-2021 11:33

thing is they are taking much advice from SAGE who are a complete waste of space in my view, no mp knows much about what to do whatever party they belong to, i reckon people forget that.

andyd 25-07-2021 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1255453)
thing is they are taking much advice from SAGE who are a complete waste of space in my view, no mp knows much about what to do whatever party they belong to, i reckon people forget that.

SAGE good at making rice pudding aren't they.

Exile on Spencer St 25-07-2021 13:46

I doubt many of the ivory tower academics on Sage have ever been to a game, so why should they bother if clubs go bankrupt. And the card carrying Communists on Sage probable are happy to ruin all private businesses (but not their own cosy little tenures paid for by our taxes and students’ fees).

andyd 25-07-2021 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1255458)
I doubt many of the ivory tower academics on Sage have ever been to a game, so why should they bother if clubs go bankrupt. And the card carrying Communists on Sage probable are happy to ruin all private businesses (but not their own cosy little tenures paid for by our taxes and students’ fees).

Spot on left wing idiots have contributed to a lot of what's gone wrong in all walks of our society.

cashman 25-07-2021 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255454)
SAGE good at making rice pudding aren't they.

doubt if the useless gits could even do that.

Twenty Eight 25-07-2021 17:47

Being insular and reading the $%^& that many of our tabloids print isn't this a rumour for stadiums with 20k plus capacity ?
1/ Let's await the official mantra.
2/ If true laugh out loud and be guaranteed watching all of our home games and only miss a few away.
By the way I'm double vaxed anyway.

andyd 26-07-2021 07:24

This could be an interesting one even Andy Holt has commented on it already this morning on twitter, the government are wanting the Premier league and EFL to have vaccines double jabbed mandatory written into players contracts. The PFA are gearing themselves up for a challenge because this is wanted before October, because a lot of Covid bubbles at football have or are being relaxed and majority of players are youngsters. The argument being with increased mixing with restrictions dropped unvaccinated players will catch the virus thus leading to possible serious disruption of fixtures which they are desperate to avoid. Difficult one because yet again in a free society can one be forced if refusing they lose their job contract or not.