Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2010, 21:43   #1
Senior Member+

Any questions ??.

As, whilst collecting your Season Ticket at the soiree next week, everyone is invited to question the Management and Staff about 'what is going on at THE STANLEY'...As a sort of Dress Rehearsal for the occasion, what queries should Season Ticket Buyers (and maybe prospective Directors !)..be putting to The Owner (?),..The Chairman...The CEO....
The Manager and his Assistant...and The Team (All four of 'em)....
This exercise might just gee us all up to present these worthies with pertinent points which don't always find answers via press releases., and perhaps prepare all true Fans for a Season of Good Football and Success at The Crown !.

ANY QUESTIONS ??.

'CARPE DIEM STANLEY..AND ON TO GREATER THINGS'

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-07-2010, 22:15   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Any questions ??.

only 1 question= Will they "Ever" tell the truth?
Old 24-07-2010, 09:02   #3
God Member

1) Do the club ACTUALLY have dispensation from the FL as regards ground capacity, or is that another of your placating comments for disgruntled fans?

2) Just exactly how much influence does EW have over you and the club considering the ongoing ownership debacle..............TRUTH PLEASE!

There are so many more but hopefully someone else will put a few down.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 09:24   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

until mine is addressed u.k. all others are meaningless, aint havin a dig,just the way i see it.
Old 24-07-2010, 09:35   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
until mine is addressed u.k. all others are meaningless, aint havin a dig,just the way i see it.
I understand what youre saying Cashy, so didnt take it as a dig mate!

I honestly dont think we will ever get the whole truth as long as DON is 'in charge'.................but we can all live in hope

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 24-07-2010, 12:56   #6
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
But the answer will be 'yes' to your question, Cashy

A honest person will say 'yes, I do tell the truth' and will be telling the truth.
A dishonest person will say 'yes, I do tell the truth' and will be lying as always.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 15:19   #7

Maybe the MD and CEO try to shield the fans from the harsh realities of the 'business world?' However, as mentioned in another thread, it would help if they could sing from the same hymn sheet.

Many aspects take time for the result to emerge but an update on the progress, or lack of same, would surely engender more confidence in those who care than misleading, often badly formulated statements, which only lead to confusion.

Perhaps they consider that the truth is too hard to bear!
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 16:09   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post

Maybe the MD and CEO try to shield the fans from the harsh realities of the 'business world?' However, as mentioned in another thread, it would help if they could sing from the same hymn sheet.

Many aspects take time for the result to emerge but an update on the progress, or lack of same, would surely engender more confidence in those who care than misleading, often badly formulated statements, which only lead to confusion.

Perhaps they consider that the truth is too hard to bear!
Maybe - but methinks it's more likely they wouldn't know the truth if it walked up to them in the street & introduced itself
AccyMad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 17:01   #9
Senior Member+

When will Stanley be able to sign any of these players that are being dangled in front of us????

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 17:32   #10

How about: "Would you not rather be the chairman of Barrow instead?"
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 23:37   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BedsRed View Post
How about: "Would you not rather be the chairman of Barrow instead?"
Pure unadulterated class !!!

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 25-07-2010, 23:58   #12
bdc

1 - Why are we stating that we are going to break even this season and what plans for this season make it different to others to help generate this extra money?
2 - Why is there no ground sponsor?
3 - What has happened to the shares that people bought for £250 each? (Why haven't these been registered at companies house)
4 - If the accounts have been sent off then does that mean that EW will get his money from Directors Loans?
5 - When is the ownership change going to happen?
6 - Is the ownership issue detrimental to attracting commercial partners and new players?
7 - What plans are going to be drawn up to bring the ground upto League standard?
8 - When is the contract for JC and JB going to be sorted?
9 - When are we going to stop grabbing headlines with false promises and instead just get on with doing things?
10 - What cashflow contingencies do we have in place for this season to help with cancelled games?
11 - What contingencies/ procedures are in place to ensure that we keep up to date with the taxman?
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010, 09:17   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
1 - Why are we stating that we are going to break even this season and what plans for this season make it different to others to help generate this extra money?
2 - Why is there no ground sponsor?
3 - What has happened to the shares that people bought for £250 each? (Why haven't these been registered at companies house)
4 - If the accounts have been sent off then does that mean that EW will get his money from Directors Loans?
5 - When is the ownership change going to happen?
6 - Is the ownership issue detrimental to attracting commercial partners and new players?
7 - What plans are going to be drawn up to bring the ground upto League standard?
8 - When is the contract for JC and JB going to be sorted?
9 - When are we going to stop grabbing headlines with false promises and instead just get on with doing things?
10 - What cashflow contingencies do we have in place for this season to help with cancelled games?
11 - What contingencies/ procedures are in place to ensure that we keep up to date with the taxman?
ANY ANSWERS ANYBODY ???......Then tomorrow evening a really great opening line would be....'Is it true that ...etc ?
Old 26-07-2010, 16:44   #14

Let me guess the dons answers:1) If you wish for something hard enough, it may happen.
2) we tried OXO. They said they sid beef stock, chicken stock and vegetable stock. There's no room for laughing stock.
3) it will be done next week
4) that depends on Ilyas. I haven't got it.
5) next week
6) no. The fact that I'm a numptie and that the promised contracts for the management team haven't been done yet might, however
7) i'm still buying the scratchcards
8) it's still being typed. Presumably by steven hawking.
9) look, if I told you te truth you'd know just what your dealing with. Trust me, you don't want that.
10) we'll send the begging bowl out again. Perhaps there's some left from the old campaign
11) has anyone got ilyas' number?

I'm not sure I want answers any more. Thinglking that the chairman is out if his depth is possibly better than the alternative.

To be honest, bdc's questions are the right ones. Don't hold your breath waiting for any answers, though...
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010, 18:04   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BedsRed View Post
Let me guess the dons answers:1) If you wish for something hard enough, it may happen.
2) we tried OXO. They said they sid beef stock, chicken stock and vegetable stock. There's no room for laughing stock.
3) it will be done next week
4) that depends on Ilyas. I haven't got it.
5) next week
6) no. The fact that I'm a numptie and that the promised contracts for the management team haven't been done yet might, however
7) i'm still buying the scratchcards
8) it's still being typed. Presumably by steven hawking.
9) look, if I told you te truth you'd know just what your dealing with. Trust me, you don't want that.
10) we'll send the begging bowl out again. Perhaps there's some left from the old campaign
11) has anyone got ilyas' number?

I'm not sure I want answers any more. Thinglking that the chairman is out if his depth is possibly better than the alternative.

To be honest, bdc's questions are the right ones. Don't hold your breath waiting for any answers, though...

Curiously enough Cashy came to the same conclusion,
however as you can read his was a rather more succinct answer !!....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..