Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2009, 09:37   #46
Member.

Re: ASSF response to The Dons programme notes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
Can anyone confirm this ?????

Winding up order ?? does that mean hmrc just close you down or

does it mean Administration ???

BIG QUESTION ???

Any answers ??
Never good reading....

Winding-up Petition | What is a Winding-up Petition?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2009, 09:38   #47

bet eric still here. i can smell a fish .
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 09:43   #48
Senior Member+

Well done Jeff for saying what needs to be said! Hope we get some answers before it's to late! Come on O'Neil give us the whole truth!!!!
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 10:13   #49
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=JEFF;748558]Why have the 2007-2008 accounts not been lodged with Companies House ?

Why has the share transfer from Eric Whalley to DON not been lodged with Companies House ?

Why has DON's appointment as Director/Chairman not been lodged with Companies House ?

Why has Marcelle's appointment as Chairperson not been lodged with Companies House ?

Why will DON not tell everybody the extent of the Club's debts ?

Has DON got any money or did he borrow to pay Eric ?

Is the £100k he gave Eric in October 2008 to stave off the winding up order registered as a loan in the accounts ?

If he borrowed and the £100k is registered as a loan, is he going to take money from the Club when he can (when the Football League payment of £160k is paid at the end of October)

At the Fan's Forum DON told everybody that he knew the Club's financial position when he bought Eric's shares and that he had no intention of putting any money into the club, how did he expect to pay the debt ?

ASSF want to invest money into the Club not buy DON's shares from him. Buying DON's shares will not put any money into the Club but only into DON's back pocket. A share issue will put money into the Club allowing it to pay it's debts.

If only DON would tell us the whole truth and be transparent then we wandwhat we have to do to try to save it.

Like TM Jeff, I am somewhat concerned that there quite possibly is some hidden agenda lurking somewhere between how the 'The Board' are conducting the abysmal affairs outlined in your post and the Ultimate Salvation and Survival of Accrington Stanley!.

Firstly, and quite simply, Why would any 'Business-man' worth his salt. seeing his investments and potential future profits threatened by death,
stand by and watch the demise of his organisation showing such little concern as Mr O'Neill and his Fellow Directors appear to be doing at this time of dire emergency???....surely they would be pulling their guts out (pardon the colloquialism !) for all they were worth to reverse the situation...and be seen to be doing so!!.

Secondly, and making an attempt to suggest what might be the response to. your impassioned plea for a clear, concise, honest and comprehensive statement of the overall Fiscal Situation at Accrington Stanley......

I BET THAT HE DOESN'T!!!!

Thirdly....Someone said that where opposing Factions exist....abject failure is the only possible result !!.....I've witnessed this occurrence so many times...I believe it to be mostly true...and I sincerely hope in my heart of hearts that it will not be the case at the end of October !....

Finally, and more subjectively, As a Fan of 'The Reds' for more years than I care to remember, and seeing lack of integrity lead the Club to disastrous
consequences in the past. I have never felt so dismayed and disappointed at the behaviour which is being paraded before my eyes in the media...on our Forum..and from hearing diverse and confusing commentary on the Status Quo....It's as if the apparent posturing would suggest that the demise of the Club just doesn't matter where personal and group dynamics are concerned !
and to my ageing ' yet still observant eyes, this is not what I for one expect from those who really should know better !...

Someone commented at weekend that perhaps it is a case of everyone concerned really not being bright enough to take on the mammoth task of rescuing the Club....This point was made to me somewhat Tongue-in-Cheek....Now I begin to wonder..because (in case no-one has noticed!)...
there are some rather thick individuals at large in the world of Football !...
just maybe we've got more than our share of them!!!.

I'm going on a bit!!...'QUO VADIS STANLEY '....and please survive in spite of what people are doing to you!!!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 10:55   #50

The situation that our club finds itself in is extremely sad. My concern is that if we manage to satify the Taxman this time and with the ammount of debt and the time scale that is no easy matter, surely we can only be piling up more debt.
Cheap season tickets: a quick fix but the result is less income from now on in.
Taking the receipts from the Darlington game to pay off the debt means that the bulk of 2 weeks income ( we only get gate money 1 out of 2 weeks) meaning that another hole is being dug as we try to fill in the most pressing one.
The situation is dire but I still have a feeling that Mr Khan is not the answer, an answer that sadly through lack of facts very few of us know.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 12:05   #51
God Member

As far as I'm concerned David O'Neill can go swivel. There would be no 'conflict' if it wasn't for his idiotic words and lies in the programme. He just expects everybody to believe his tripe and not come back with any defence because you get the attitude that's been shown in this thread, "oh don't bring any arguments, it's the last thing we need". Well NO. The club have got away with too much for too long. Maybe if we'd all been more bothered about the stuff going on behind the scenes through that champagne supernova of promotion and league football then this mess wouldn't have gotten so serious.

Members of the ASSF and Ilyas Khan are more Accrington and Accrington Stanley than David O'Neill or Eric Whalley will ever be. The utter nerve to accuse them of not being true fans... They've been slogging their guts out with all fundraising initiatives - WHAT'VE YOU DONE? It's a good job our club hasn't got the oafish minority that most other clubs do as the esteemed chairman would be lynched.

I'm not giving any more money to the club, via the SOS or whatever. No amount of money should've ever been given direct to the club anyway. It should be collected, accounted and audited independently. There is no trust.

Peed off.

Last edited by Stanleymad; 28-09-2009 at 16:56. Reason: arterix's family forum
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 12:21   #52

Can someone reproduce O'Neill's programme notes on here please?

Not all of us have seen them!
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 12:57   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
why am i getting very WORRIED for the FUTURE of our STANLEY
Remember this Mab??....from my 'Spring Fever' Vision!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post

YES....with my implanted Intra-Ocular Lenses, and by wearing my celebrated Rose- Coloured Pince-nez, I can just about see clearly enough to make my pre-season predictions relating to the fortunes ( or Misfortunes!...should any actually occur!) of 'THE NEW REDS'.
One damn thing after the other appear to have hindered my on-going love affair with the finest Football Club that ever was...and reading through some the many threads which have appeared on our forum over the last Month or so persuades me that I have missed one or two of the more interesting goings on at 'The Crown'......but Heigh-Ho !!....anyway these Fiscal/Political/Legal topics are all beyond me (being one struggling along in my dotage!).
Better that I gaze through my dim and debris-filled eyes at the vista stretching out before our Club, it's Managers, and it's Fans...to see a new Season which will firstly make a mockery of those pundits who rather foolishly have stated that The Reds are 9/4 Favourites for relegation to Blue Square Oblivion....will secondly produce a squad of players who will really put fear into the Hearts of the rest of the teams in League 2...(Who is Sven Goran What's 'is name anyway??). ...will thirdly provide a real focal point for
the denizens of Hyndburn and it's surrounds, renewing a pride in THEIR Football Club which will bring them through it's turnstiles in their Thousands
(Well Hundreds anyway!!)....and will thirdly provide for we, the true 'Stanleyites', a Season of thrilling matches provided by players with whom we can really relate, and which will leave us all with another batch of precious 'Stanley' images for storing in our Memory-Banks.

This is what the view, through my always-optimistic eyes, persuades me is
the treat which awaits us all...starting on Tuesday Night!, and that it is here that my focus should be directed !!..a focus which will surely diminish in importance those factors which have caused so much concern to so many of us who have, and will support our Team whatever the cost.

If all this appears to be a 'Yonmon burying his head in the sand again' exercise...I apologise profusely....but Alfred.E. would never forgive me if I failed to produce my yearly homily of hope for the very best of fortune and success for t'Stanley....SO THERE !!!....altogether now...

'ON STANLEY!...ON!!!'
Just how disillusioned could I have been ???.....No more predictions for me...
it's a hazardous pastime !!.

'Accrington Stanley is an entity...not a plaything to be tossed around !'

(Alfred.E.Neumann)
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 13:25   #54
Full Member+

" I seem to refer to the ASSF every time I write my notes and today is no different as once again the fund is homing in on the media hype that surrounds us. I will not enter a verbal crossfire in the local or national press with this group and I hope it will become obvious at some point to our fans why negotiation has not been taken to another level. It is often said that talk is cheap and sometimes to say nothing is a sign of inner strength of being totally focussed, all I will say is ASSF and Mr Khan, you had your chance to prove to our fans that the club is bigger than anyone when we were in court on the 2nd Sept, had you stepped up to the mark I would have handed you control of the club, you did nothing and would have let the club be wound up, that was the easy way out for you as everyone would just blame me, well I think it is time to either come on board and help your club that so may people are doing (unconditionally) or stay away from our limelight and let the true fans and the community of Hyndburn save the club they love"
Not sure if it's the whole thing, AndyH, but you'll get the picture!
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 13:32   #55
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
bet eric still here. i can smell a fish .
So can I, what was that dick Russell doing behind the bar? I will be drinking elsewhere in future.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 13:46   #56
Senior Member+

Angry Re: ASSF response to The Dons programme notes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
" I seem to refer to the ASSF every time I write my notes and today is no different as once again the fund is homing in on the media hype that surrounds us. I will not enter a verbal crossfire in the local or national press with this group and I hope it will become obvious at some point to our fans why negotiation has not been taken to another level. It is often said that talk is cheap and sometimes to say nothing is a sign of inner strength of being totally focussed, all I will say is ASSF and Mr Khan, you had your chance to prove to our fans that the club is bigger than anyone when we were in court on the 2nd Sept, had you stepped up to the mark I would have handed you control of the club, you did nothing and would have let the club be wound up, that was the easy way out for you as everyone would just blame me, well I think it is time to either come on board and help your club that so may people are doing (unconditionally) or stay away from our limelight and let the true fans and the community of Hyndburn save the club they love"

Well if Dave O'Neill is not supposed to be slagging off the ASSF and Mr Khan in local and national press, how come there is a piece in Saturdays Evening Telegraph with exactly the same words as was in the programme on Friday evening. In Mr O'Neill I do not trust. He is telling porkies!!!!

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk..._back_at_Khan/

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 28-09-2009 at 13:51. Reason: link added
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 13:58   #57

Angry Re: ASSF response to The Dons programme notes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post

I do get the picture, thanks! Not pleasant reading and shows a real lack of professional judgement, effectively biting off the only hand (at the moment) who can realistically save the Club.

Really hope that the relationship between the Club and ASSF can be repaired, but I get the feeling that personal egos are getting in the way of the real issue which is saving Accrington Stanley.
For god's sake get round the table and talk to each other like grown ups and proper businessmen.
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 14:09   #58
Resting In Peace

Ilyas Khan has now stated that he will not only equal what the other directors put into the SOS fund but he will put in double what they put in in total, which means that for every £1 that O'Neill and Lazarus put into the SOS fund he will put in £2.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 14:20   #59
God Member

so:

£80k already in the slush bucket
£90k (£18k per month x 5 months, June, July,August,Sept, October - budgeted for)
£45k Professor Glasson and ASSF donations ("in the bank they can have it back tomorrow if they wish" Daves words fans forum)

the Chairman and woman, Vice-Chair, and board of directors need to find £31k between them for Ilyas to triple the sum and the debt will be be paid in full. WE ARE SAVED!
Old 28-09-2009, 14:36   #60

Here we go the screws are tightening. If the above post is correct then I feel that Mr Khan is fully aware that no one involved with the club as that sort of disposable money.( David O'Neil aside because I dont know enough about the man,) What I do know is that the remainder of the Board are decent hard working people who contribute what they can in money and more importantly time. Bill Holden as done £1,000's of work for little reward
Jon Demain spent years raising money for the club without taking penny.
Others have done what they can over many years. You cant place a figure on this type of work if you could perhaps even Mr Khan would be stretched to match it. I pray that whoever resolves the matter does so with the best intentions and allows the club to move on, Doubt it will be answered though.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..