Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2009, 22:21   #151
Senior Member+

Re: ASSF response to The Dons programme notes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy Thun View Post
I Khan't believe I've just got in and missed all this. Come on Mr O'Neill get on here, someone said on here they wished they had balls as big as you had! so nows your time to show them and get on this forum.
Im sure he on here indirectly.

Last edited by Stanleymad; 29-09-2009 at 10:14.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2009, 22:22   #152
Member.

Thank you Mr. Khan, at least you have given us the time and have attempted to answer our questions; I’m sure there will be many more over the coming days should you be free to answer them.

I have asked a couple of times on here for the club to accept a Q&A session via this forum perhaps now they could elect a spokesperson to bring forward the views of the Board (not necessarily Mr. O’Neil’s) and at least try and gain the trust of the supporters.

I also notice that the SOS site as been updated; fine a figure that it is, it is still far from encouraging and without any doubt whatsoever our only hope is some level of input from Mr. Khan and or others.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 22:28   #153
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
signing off for tonight.

I know there are many shades of opinion here, and i will aim to reply to the other posts that ask questions, but for now I shall say goodnight.

Ilyas
Goodnight!..and thank you for your honest and 'transparent' posts Ilyas.....perhaps the points which you have made tonight might just stimulate Mr O'Neil into making some honest, and less critical statement relating not only to the real Fiscal Status Quo at Accrington Stanley F.C.Ltd . but also one which will outline HIS Strategy for the salvation and on-going life of the club!.

This protracted trauma is not doing our Club and everyone associated with it any favours whatsoever....as so many postings appear to agree with !...
and disillusionment is never difficult to determine !...The clock is ticking...and it really is time to Save our Stanley!!

Goodnight Ilyas......Bon Chance!!!!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 22:30   #154
Dan
Senior Member+

Hi all
Tomorrow night I'll be at Vale Park doing a three hour radio programme dedicated to Accrington Stanley. I'm proud to be able to do that. But God I'd like to have some good news to talk about.

The team is looking good on the pitch, the fans are doing a TERRIFIC job. But every week, more rumours and stories circulate about who has said what, who has what agenda and what everyone's hidden motivation is.

I'd just like to hear some facts, from the people who are directly involved. So I'm going to ask them.

At half time tomorrow I'm going to invite Mr. O'Neill and someone from the ASSF onto the programme to give us some facts, answer a few straight questions and perhaps make some progress.

Not argue, or bitch or score points. This isn't "a verbal crossfire in the local or national press ". It's a chance for both sides to be heard, and for issues to be addressed.

If (as I suspect) all parties decline the invitation, then I guess I'll talk to myself and continue to worry...

Dan

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 22:36   #155
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I may be wrong, Doug, but I seem to think that the ASSF was in the process of sorting out the legalities and establishing itself when everything was overtaken by the announcement of the winding-up order. At that point, the SOS Fund took over.

Cheer’s Revived Red,

I understand that is the case, I myself did stick my ore in and pledge allegiance to the SOS Fund above all else, but I would implore all those involved actively on the Board of the ASSF to ensure that their individual profiles are made available with a degree of urgency if their to gain and hold the moral right to take this club forward on the back of Mr. Khan’s generous offer of financial support.

There was talk of a web site for all things ASSF? If this is yet to be resolved I would suggest that it done with all expediency if people are to believe that the ASSF is offering clarity and transparency to the backbone of support. The fans, be they members of the ASSF or not.

If survival lay’s at the feet of Mr. Khan and the ASSF working with or without the current Board of Accrington Stanley then we need to know who we are working with/for over the coming weeks.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 28-09-2009, 22:42   #156
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Hi all
Tomorrow night I'll be at Vale Park doing a three hour radio programme dedicated to Accrington Stanley. I'm proud to be able to do that. But God I'd like to have some good news to talk about.

The team is looking good on the pitch, the fans are doing a TERRIFIC job. But every week, more rumours and stories circulate about who has said what, who has what agenda and what everyone's hidden motivation is.

I'd just like to hear some facts, from the people who are directly involved. So I'm going to ask them.

At half time tomorrow I'm going to invite Mr. O'Neill and someone from the ASSF onto the programme to give us some facts, answer a few straight questions and perhaps make some progress.

Not argue, or bitch or score points. This isn't "a verbal crossfire in the local or national press ". It's a chance for both sides to be heard, and for issues to be addressed.

If (as I suspect) all parties decline the invitation, then I guess I'll talk to myself and continue to worry...

Dan

God you've got some big, big balls Dan...rather you than me.... I hope it comes off and that both parties act respectfully....we need some positive media coverage to match what those lads and lasses are doing on the streets collecting and what our lads are doing on the Pitch. Good Luck Dan...

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 29-09-2009, 01:51   #157
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Not argue, or bitch or score points.
Dan
Credit to you for that Dan, I for one will be listening.

Many thanks Illyas for your honesty on this thread earlier tonight.

The following points I wish to make are not aimed at anybody in particular, They're my own opinion and opinions that hold dear.....so here goes....

Like many on here I want to hear FACT, not FICTION. TRUTHS and not HALF TRUTH or FABRICATIONS. Time to stop burying heads in the sand like the preverbial ostrich, come clean, and let everyone who cares, know the extent of the mountain we have to climb.

AT this time, there is little point in putting the finger of blame at anyone. The main objective should be CLARITY and that word "transparency". MY OWN OPINION, but the fight against the battle this club faces is being lost among bickering.The common goal concerns the club, which Everyone fought so hard to get back on the footballing map, overcoming this battle and moving on to better things.

What I've seen on the pitch this season, convinces me that, solve this or / the problems, the product on offer on the pitch may convince others that this is a club worth saving, be they the floating fan, or someone else willing to get on board and invest.

I've every confidence in Coley and Bell delivering a side, the side that's putting more of, the more than promising performances that we've witnessed recently, pushing on to greater things. What a crime it would be, to see all their efforts, now and in the past laid to waste.

However I can't see the D'on wanting to talk in the direct media spotlight. I only hope that sometime soon, somebody at the top will either:

A) Come clean....admit there is a problem, seek additional help and look seriously at the offers from the parties that are there to help (be they ASSF or other) .....or

B) Make a Solid statement, to allay the fears of many, stating the debt or debts will be honoured, explaining in full the concrete plans they have, where the money WILL BE FOUND, to ensure the immediate status of the club is NOT in jeopardy, putting ALL the facts on the table for ALL to digest.

That clock I talked of earlier in this thread is still ticking....the wolf is still at the door. Time that all involved,start singing from the same hymnsheet and start setting in stone, the plan of action needed to send the beast away from the door.

I only hope (and dread and fear to state the last point),the time does not come again, when the spectre of '62 comes back to claim the club, where as a collective we have face defeat and the preverbial wolf will have blown our house down.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 07:38   #158

Valerian, Nickelson and others - you were talking about how much debt there might be, and hoping it is close to the £308k plus £60k mentioned in early summer. I think that the numbers are out of date for the following reasons - and would love it if oneil clarified once and for all so that we can plan not only how much is needed now, but how much is needed overall to clear the decks.

- the number above is too low on the £60k simply based on teh fact it does not include the money borrowed from glasson, assf and others. that figure is at least £50k right now

- in addition, the club has had costs from that time onwards

- in addition, the players have not been paid (in latter weeks i think PFA has stepped up)

- the PAYE is outstanding for quite a few months. Not sure exactly how many months, but its a tidy sum that adds up quickly

- we do not know if the seats have been paid for yet. i hope they have, but that is another tidy sum outstanding.

The points above are simply what i am aware of or can deduce from what the club has said. I hope to god its nots more than this.

Also, oneil, when you next make a statement in the programme, please clarify what has happened with the football league cash which the club has recieved. Fans and supporters and donors deserve to know. In this day and age, when we give to a charity, we get a full disclosure of how the money is used, and what the charity's finances are. ASFC should maintain the highest standards in this regard if it is going to ask for help.

I also look forward to oneil coming on this forum to clarify things, and also, i accept dan's invitation to go on a programme with oneil. i think its only fair that we try to work for the club, and being on a radio programme, to discuss the issues that matter at this critical time, would be healthy. I also know that Peter Marsden from the supporter's fund has been on radio, and is easily reached. He, and others at ASSF, are sickened by the current state of affairs, and want to get cash into the coffers and pay off the tax bill, but we have been denied by the club who simply refuses to accept the offer due to a fear of losing control. If, as oneil says, no one is bigger than the club, then he should put up or push off.

Ilyas
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 08:16   #159
God Member

Good morning Ilyas,

Just a tiny point on your last post, I'm assuming that you mean Peter Shaw from ASSF and not Peter Marsden!................

It is to be hoped that Mr O'Neil takes up Dan's offer as well, but in all honesty I would be very surprised if He did..........we shall see.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 08:17   #160

The ball is firmly in Mr. Oneils court.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 08:22   #161
God Member

From 12000 miles away, Mr O'niell sure is coming across as a poser. He does seem to be behaving like the proverbial 'spoilt brat'.
Dosen't inspire me to donate $$ to the SOS fund.. however, if he was to make a share issue and Ilyas was involved, or front up and 'clear the air', that would change things...
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 08:23   #162
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Credit to you for that Dan, I for one will be listening.

Many thanks Illyas for your honesty on this thread earlier tonight.

The following points I wish to make are not aimed at anybody in particular, They're my own opinion and opinions that hold dear.....so here goes....

Like many on here I want to hear FACT, not FICTION. TRUTHS and not HALF TRUTH or FABRICATIONS. Time to stop burying heads in the sand like the preverbial ostrich, come clean, and let everyone who cares, know the extent of the mountain we have to climb.

AT this time, there is little point in putting the finger of blame at anyone. The main objective should be CLARITY and that word "transparency". MY OWN OPINION, but the fight against the battle this club faces is being lost among bickering.The common goal concerns the club, which Everyone fought so hard to get back on the footballing map, overcoming this battle and moving on to better things.

What I've seen on the pitch this season, convinces me that, solve this or / the problems, the product on offer on the pitch may convince others that this is a club worth saving, be they the floating fan, or someone else willing to get on board and invest.

I've every confidence in Coley and Bell delivering a side, the side that's putting more of, the more than promising performances that we've witnessed recently, pushing on to greater things. What a crime it would be, to see all their efforts, now and in the past laid to waste.

However I can't see the D'on wanting to talk in the direct media spotlight. I only hope that sometime soon, somebody at the top will either:

A) Come clean....admit there is a problem, seek additional help and look seriously at the offers from the parties that are there to help (be they ASSF or other) .....or

B) Make a Solid statement, to allay the fears of many, stating the debt or debts will be honoured, explaining in full the concrete plans they have, where the money WILL BE FOUND, to ensure the immediate status of the club is NOT in jeopardy, putting ALL the facts on the table for ALL to digest.

That clock I talked of earlier in this thread is still ticking....the wolf is still at the door. Time that all involved,start singing from the same hymnsheet and start setting in stone, the plan of action needed to send the beast away from the door.

I only hope (and dread and fear to state the last point),the time does not come again, when the spectre of '62 comes back to claim the club, where as a collective we have face defeat and the preverbial wolf will have blown our house down.
Here here & hope that both parties can come together to sort this out, great suggestion Dan will tune in with hope & interest

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 08:34   #163
Senior Member+

Many thanks Ilyas, For your comforting words and honest answers to many honest and worried fans at this time of need.

At the ASFC fans forum I asked O'neil, if the SOS fund did not collect the amount neccessary for the taxman ? Could he assure us that he would take what ever offers there are out there to ASSURE that our club would survive ? He said there were various options or offers, He said that I would have to TRUST his judgement ???

After he had said that he bought a club in a big mess with no money ??? SORRY my trust needs some help.

I would love to help ASFC more than I have but giving money to a company that I dont have 100% trust is impossible.

I think Ilyas's offer is the FUTURE for our club, We need to see where we stand, PAY for the foundations(ALL debt),GET total transparency for all to see, BUILD a SAFE and SECURE future.

This job is bigger than any one man, It needs to include Loyal fans, Local business, Common sense, AND most importantly John Coleman and Jimmy Bell.
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 09:13   #164

UK cowboy, yes, you are right. Its Peter Shaw. Although Peter Marsden and all other directors are welcome to come along to a radio conversation. I really do hope that we can move quickly to resolve these issues prior to the HMRC deadline. Maybe accy web will act as a catalyst to put the club first, and all others second.
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 09:20   #165
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
Many thanks Ilyas, For your comforting words and honest answers to many honest and worried fans at this time of need.

At the ASFC fans forum I asked O'neil, if the SOS fund did not collect the amount neccessary for the taxman ? Could he assure us that he would take what ever offers there are out there to ASSURE that our club would survive ? He said there were various options or offers, He said that I would have to TRUST his judgement ???

After he had said that he bought a club in a big mess with no money ??? SORRY my trust needs some help.

I would love to help ASFC more than I have but giving money to a company that I dont have 100% trust is impossible.

I think Ilyas's offer is the FUTURE for our club, We need to see where we stand, PAY for the foundations(ALL debt),GET total transparency for all to see, BUILD a SAFE and SECURE future.

This job is bigger than any one man, It needs to include Loyal fans, Local business, Common sense, AND most importantly John Coleman and Jimmy Bell.

I couldn’t agree more Simon; in the space and time available TRUST is going to be everything so I hope that the ASSF will either here or on it’s own site make us aware of who is who and they are bring to the fold as individuals, above that we need to know what’s going to happen if Mr. O’Neil and the Board accepts Mr. Khan’s offer in terms of how the club will be managed. I for one would love to see a partnership develop between the ASSF and the existing framework at the club (that doesn’t have to mean Mr. O’Neil and the silent Marcella) it means the small existing shareholder and general workforce.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..