Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2013, 07:01   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Beattie: Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I agree with your point, some teams and players will fear the reputation and their name and focus so much on stopping them, it will allow our other players the freedom to blossom.

And it raises the clubs profile.

I can see Jeffers getting another shot at a league 1 club on decent wages (£1k a week). 32 is no age to restrict yourself to league 2 if you have the ability to play at a higher level and get one more decent pay day.
Well if Mab is true to his word on Franny staying with the club, he may just get his shot at League 1 if we get anywhere near play-offs or even auto promotion next season. We can all live in hope

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-04-2013, 08:02   #32

IMO i think Beattie's body langauage and general demeanour in the last couple of games suggests that even he has realised his contribution to the team is so limited it may be time to 'hang-em-up'

I would be surprised if we see him in an Acccy shirt again
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 09:22   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
IMO i think Beattie's body langauage and general demeanour in the last couple of games suggests that even he has realised his contribution to the team is so limited it may be time to 'hang-em-up'

I would be surprised if we see him in an Acccy shirt again
Not sure I agree with that. In the few minutes on the pitch at Bristol, he won at least 3 headers (3 more than Podge) and reports from earlier games commented on his good defensive work.
cashman likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 13:14   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Not sure I agree with that. In the few minutes on the pitch at Bristol, he won at least 3 headers (3 more than Podge) and reports from earlier games commented on his good defensive work.
I sort of half understand what Franks saying,but a lot of it is due to him playing most of his career at an higher level.
Top players/forwards know were they want the pass and most are reluctant to try and turn a bad ball into a good one(tevez is the obvious exception).
Playing in the lower leagues you simply cant operate like this as the quality of play/passing isnt as good(thats why some players get 100k a week and some get £200).
He still has a lot to offer in terms of ability,he just has to adapt to the standard of league two play.
By all accounts hes a really good pro to have around the dressing room.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..