Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2008, 15:02   #16

Re: big defender

must be a cushy job . do they let you use the pc in mothercare ?
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2008, 15:24   #17

il give it another 10 mins before lindsay locks this thread
Old 19-02-2008, 15:52   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechemode View Post
must be a cushy job . do they let you use the pc in mothercare ?

Not sure, but they do sell nappies. Can I order some for you
Old 19-02-2008, 16:04   #19
Junior Member+

i cant see what this has to do with a big defender, unless he is incontinent, (or possibly danny ****tu is joining??? , but isn,t he a striker).
Old 19-02-2008, 16:31   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
firstly i am intitled to my say as much as any1 , this forum is like whalley pubs , very clickie . secondly i have followed this club since i was 10 years old (30 years ago ) . i take both my sons to games when iam not working but since i work in care i often take clients to stanley matches . when my first son was born i wanted to call him stanley but his mother wouldnt let me stating she would not want to be heard shouting for our stanley to come in for his tea . i only just started coming on here because now my son has got a 360 i can get on the pc . i was 1 of the few people in blackburn that didnt go and watch rovers when jack walker came in . 1 of my biggest thrills was having my son as a mascot 10 years ago my second was watching stanley get into the league and my third was trying the crossbar challenge twice around new years day end. i love the club even though i do not come from or live in accy . do i still need to buy a follow stanley sticker for my new car ? yes i do . i remember going to catch the bus at intack blackburn to go to the stanley gateshead match wearing my stanley top ( hollands pie ) and having people laugh at me , did i give a hoot ? no . did i still go when rovers where top of the prem and stanley where still wondering how to get the seats from lancashire cricket club ? yes i did and will still go even if i come home in a foul mood .
Good on yer mate - I too sometimes get slagged off for saying what I feel, I like you couldn't give a monkey's - It is not everyone who agrees with you but some of the diatribe when you happen to say something that is not with the thinking of others then god help you (Preacherman)
I like others (including you) have been calling for the head of Mr Coleman, sentiment does not win games. But hey ho we are not the chairman of the board. so we will continue to support Stanley through thick and thin and hope that next season we will still be a league team.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 16:38   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher Man View Post
i cant see what this has to do with a big defender, unless he is incontinent, (or possibly danny ****tu is joining??? , but isn,t he a striker).

A Big Defender who doesn't 'clear the ball...no Hassle'...but one who can also pass the ball to a midfielder...or a Forward..and hopefully create an opportunity to achieve what we all crave for so much...A GOAL !! (for the Reds that is!).

Just thought that I'd inject a little sanity into the enthralling badinage that is being bandied around this 'going nowhere' thread....before it gets locked...and it will !!

Or does all this witty repartee indicate that Depechemode et al have no more thoughts on the subject...a very subtle ploy indeed!.

PRETENTIOUS!.....MOI ?.....ON STANLEY!.....ON !'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 16:47   #22
God Member

It's not a question of whether or not people on the forum agree or disagree with the points that Depeche Mode is making. Like Harwood Red said its more about keep starting new threads about the same thing. Whilst you are perfectly entitled to your opinion (and that makes for good debate), you have to try to keep things together or else the whole forum just goes tits up if everybody makes new threads about the same thing rather than adding to an existing one.

When you log on at teatime after a days work and there are 15 new threads that you haven't read yet you start to plough through - then you find that the same thing is being said over and over. It's boring.

Many people agree with you that Coley has had his time, but many people also disagree. Instead of generating a thread where you might get 30 replies which may or may not be constructive, you ended up with 10 threads with 3 replies assuming that you were just a trouble maker here to wind everyone up - hence the negative karma.

As a long standing fan who remembers the good old (bad old?) days traipsing around the NPL you'll be a welcome and knowledgeable addition to the forum, but please observe the basic etiquette of this (or any) forum.

Yes, you were right about needing a big commanding centre half but then again we've needed one for years! Coley and Bell admitted as much at the forum a few weeks ago. They stopped just short of saying that Roberts and Webb hadn't been the additions that they expected them to be but did admit that recent transfers had been disappointing in general.

As for Brnach.... not my cup of tea at all but he looks comfier as part of a central trio/duo than he did at left back
Old 19-02-2008, 17:08   #23
God Member

phew.. thanks macca, hope that explains it depechemode... as for asking me permission..you can if you like

It was an observation on how you post...eg. loads of new threads on very similar topics, not what you post.. I am also in the camp of everyone is entitled to an opinion and anyone who tells me different ...well ask ksh

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 17:47   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
il give it another 10 mins before lindsay locks this thread

I locked your previous threads because they were boring and repetitive.
I sent you a pm telling you why I had locked the threads, you apologised and said your " son had been on messing around ". So which is it; are you boring and repetitive or just a liar ?
( and for the record, I am no great admirer of Coley and certainly not a member of any clicque.)
Old 19-02-2008, 18:51   #25

my son did the why is he not in the charlton 1st team remark . very kind of you to call a forum member a liar .
Old 19-02-2008, 18:53   #26

after a hard days work il rather settle down with my kids and wife not sit and read all the post . am back at work tomorrow so il give you all a rest till friday
Old 19-02-2008, 18:59   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
. So which is it; are you boring and repetitive or just a liar ?
( and for the record, I am no great admirer of Coley and certainly not a member of any clicque.)
if you think thats calling you a liar, let me add illiterate to the list.
Old 19-02-2008, 19:02   #28

very clever of you casman , do you drink in whalley too?
Old 19-02-2008, 19:07   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
if you think thats calling you a liar, let me add illiterate to the list.
Who are you calling illiterate, depechemode or lindsay because she can't spell clique?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 19:10   #30

after the first couple of months i was thinking along the line that JC would have sussed who is not good enough . I was wrong and hold my hand up . I lost faith in JC , I liked him to have given Roberts a long run in the team but he just chopped and changed which he admits was wrong . A defence needs time to understand each other and they havnt been given time .

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..