Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2008, 19:30   #31
God Member

Re: big defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechemode View Post
after the first couple of months i was thinking along the line that JC would have sussed who is not good enough . I was wrong and hold my hand up . I lost faith in JC , I liked him to have given Roberts a long run in the team but he just chopped and changed which he admits was wrong . A defence needs time to understand each other and they havnt been given time .
Is that a cue for one of your better songs "Get the Balance right"

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2008, 19:41   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
firstly i am intitled to my say as much as any1 , this forum is like whalley pubs , very clickie . secondly i have followed this club since i was 10 years old (30 years ago ) . i take both my sons to games when iam not working but since i work in care i often take clients to stanley matches . when my first son was born i wanted to call him stanley but his mother wouldnt let me stating she would not want to be heard shouting for our stanley to come in for his tea . i only just started coming on here because now my son has got a 360 i can get on the pc . i was 1 of the few people in blackburn that didnt go and watch rovers when jack walker came in . 1 of my biggest thrills was having my son as a mascot 10 years ago my second was watching stanley get into the league and my third was trying the crossbar challenge twice around new years day end. i love the club even though i do not come from or live in accy . do i still need to buy a follow stanley sticker for my new car ? yes i do . i remember going to catch the bus at intack blackburn to go to the stanley gateshead match wearing my stanley top ( hollands pie ) and having people laugh at me , did i give a hoot ? no . did i still go when rovers where top of the prem and stanley where still wondering how to get the seats from lancashire cricket club ? yes i did and will still go even if i come home in a foul mood .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwenred1968 View Post
Depeche mode you keep posting what you feel, You have a right to post what ever you want on this forum! The problem with this site is if you say something that upsets the ever decreasing Coleman bandwagon then they will try to censure your comments fair enough if you upset someone like I did then expect a rollocking and threats but there a too many people on this site who start the most pathetic/childish threads who are they to call you and try to stop them. Coleman lovers better wake up and realise not everbody loves the manager especially someone who has a go at the fans all the time.
And one final thing LOWEIY change the record we all know you are in love with coleman your diatribe that you write in the telegraph makes people want to puke, We have dwindling attendances we are in free fall down the league table its no wonder people want to have a go at the manager you get it at every failing club in the country.
Whilst we did play quite well against Lincoln our strikers looked like they couldn't score in amsterdam never mind on the pitch. FANS wether they have been coming for years or not have a right to voice their opinions and shouldn't be preached to by dilusional fans still living in the past glories of a Manager who at any other club in the country with his track record over the past two seaons would have had a size 9 up his backside and a P45 to boot. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DEPECHE MODE
Very similar thinking, very similar writing style, posted 9 minutes apart in the middle of the day ? Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking ?
Old 19-02-2008, 21:05   #33
Junior Member+

If you are thinking wow two people with the same views, I am thinking the same as you.

If you look closer the writing and typing style are totally different,
I bet you also think Prince Phillip had a hand in Dianas death !!!.
Old 19-02-2008, 22:51   #34
God Member

I blame the Illuminati .....
Old 20-02-2008, 03:56   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I blame the Illuminati .....
What have Blackpool to do with it?
Old 20-02-2008, 04:56   #36

Hmm same people indeed . any 1 who has a view which isnt the same as lindsay isnt worth a post on here . think thats what most of you lot think , thats if you can think all by youself
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 06:39   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hmm same people indeed . any 1 who has a view which isnt the same as lindsay isnt worth a post on here . think thats what most of you lot think , thats if you can think all by youself
We were all thinking and posting long before you turned up. You're not saying anything new or posting any ideas that we haven't heard before. I'd suggest reading some previous threads before posting more of the same, then perhaps people would consider your 'opinion' worth reading.

Coleman is under pressure and we all know that. We just don't want to read the same thing over and over and over again.
Old 20-02-2008, 07:51   #38
Senior Member+

Going back to the thread title, what has happened to Mark Roberts?

I'm afraid that Phil Doughty just does not fit the bill at all. I have seen him in both games now - hesitant to tackle and poor distribution.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 09:35   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I read in the telegraph today ! jimmy bell saying " what we're missing is a big centre half . every team in the league seems to have one and we really need one ."
Another great psychological ploy from the management, I don't think! How on earth are public comments like this supposed to motivate the current squad?
Not always best to tell it like it is.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 10:05   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Another great psychological ploy from the management, I don't think! How on earth are public comments like this supposed to motivate the current squad?
Not always best to tell it like it is.
When I read this comment in't Telegraph , I thought to myself..'I hope that the reporter has got this all wrong'....they sometimes do you know!

But presuming that Jimmy Bell would have had an opportunity to correct this questionable statement....we must conclude that this is his honest opinion!.

If so, this sort of comment, as Redraine rightly says, will not only act as a demotivating influence on the other 'Defenders' in the Squad...but could also undermine what little bit of goodwill remains amongst the Supporters !
It might also sharpen the edges of the daggers waiting to be plunged into the backs of the Management team as a whole !.

So...if either JC or JB feel it necessary to issuesuch statements to the media...then perhaps a little forethought...rather than knee-jerking should be behind them!.

I'm going to take some stick now!!!...by saying that I thought that Lowey's
column in the same edition was as appropriate and near the mark as it has been for some time...there I've said it!

ON STANLEY !....ON!!!!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 10:18   #41
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Big stronge defender we us't to have one until he had an off day,then that was it his face did'nt fit,shame really cause everyone liked him.who....MICHAEL WALCH..
Old 20-02-2008, 10:43   #42
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Big stronge defender we us't to have one until he had an off day,then that was it his face did'nt fit,shame really cause everyone liked him.who....MICHAEL WALCH..
Who's MICHAEL WALCH ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 13:11   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwenred1968 View Post
Depeche mode you keep posting what you feel, You have a right to post what ever you want on this forum! The problem with this site is if you say something that upsets the ever decreasing Coleman bandwagon then they will try to censure your comments fair enough if you upset someone like I did then expect a rollocking and threats but there a too many people on this site who start the most pathetic/childish threads who are they to call you and try to stop them. Coleman lovers better wake up and realise not everbody loves the manager especially someone who has a go at the fans all the time.
And one final thing LOWEIY change the record we all know you are in love with coleman your diatribe that you write in the telegraph makes people want to puke, We have dwindling attendances we are in free fall down the league table its no wonder people want to have a go at the manager you get it at every failing club in the country.
Whilst we did play quite well against Lincoln our strikers looked like they couldn't score in amsterdam never mind on the pitch. FANS wether they have been coming for years or not have a right to voice their opinions and shouldn't be preached to by dilusional fans still living in the past glories of a Manager who at any other club in the country with his track record over the past two seaons would have had a size 9 up his backside and a P45 to boot. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DEPECHE MODE
Ok, seriously, give it a rest. Coley has done so much for this Club, you have such a short memory, you really do. He WILL keep us up AGAIN. We're a small fish in a big pond, and Coley is the man to keep us there. As for having a go at Lowiey, do you even know the man? Having an opinion is one thing, basically slagging people off is quite another.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 13:27   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Who's MICHAEL WALCH ?
Maybe he's a friend of Michael Welch.... that defender we used to have who was ok in the Conference, but wasn't good enough for League 2?
Old 20-02-2008, 13:28   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Ok, seriously, give it a rest. Coley has done so much for this Club, you have such a short memory, you really do. He WILL keep us up AGAIN. We're a small fish in a big pond, and Coley is the man to keep us there. As for having a go at Lowiey, do you even know the man? Having an opinion is one thing, basically slagging people off is quite another.
Agreed Diesel!.....This thread is hopefully about BIG DEFENDERS and Michael Walch as well!...BUT they all lead back to someone returning to the usual critique of the Manager(s) and how they should be terminated !..and it is BORING ! and in last night's 'Telegraph', Lowey made some very interesting observations regarding FAN loyalties...which is surely what is needed at this
moment in time!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..