Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2008, 12:26   #76
Senior Member+

Re: big defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Coleman
"I think we need some experience at the back - I think that's been evident all season really. I think if we can get that, given our recent performances, I think we can start winning games."
Wow!! If Coleman would have read this forum more often and taken our advice instead of storming off in a hissy fit, he might have come to this conclusion earlier.
Old 22-02-2008, 15:51   #77
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Nice bloke, just wasn't good enough. There were games that were embarrassing to watch e.g. Rochdale away.
mmmmmmmmmmmm the penalty that was'nt i remember it well and was he the only one to have a bad game `no'.bury away this season comes to mind
Old 22-02-2008, 18:43   #78
Senior Member+

That game stood out for me, but there were countless others. Welchy had no pace and that's what's done us time and again.

Why harbour sentiments (other than nostalgic ones) for a player that wasn't good enough for this level?
Old 22-02-2008, 23:55   #79

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Accy supporters! i really can't see what your present situation has got to do with Welchy all he ever did was give 110% whether he has got no pace or scores spectacular goals is irrelevant,the issue is you are leaking goals and are not scoring at the buisness end.
i wish you luck as always however you will stay up and then its up to the board if they wish to move the club forward.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
The Rifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 09:50   #80
I am Banned

Ernie, you are a top fella, Micheal is an top player (IMHO)

The level he can currently play at is open for discussion. Here at Accy the composition of the squad is the sole responsibility of the management.

However could you clarify your comment "it is up to the board to take the club forward"??

Again IMHO the board spend countless hours of every week driving the club forward, which I believe is a superb effort on around 1200 magnicent home fans in League 2. Yes we need to increase the fan base, but until the form at home improves is becoming increasingly difficult.

Any ideas/ suggestions are always welcome
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 13:13   #81
God Member

New Central Defender should sign on loan this afternoon!
Interesting choice and a under 21 international!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 13:16   #82
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
New Central Defender should sign on loan this afternoon!
Interesting choice and a under 21 international!
Who's that then ????

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 14:10   #83
Senior Member+

[quote=southernred;535899]Ernie, you are a top fella, Micheal is an top player (IMHO)

The level he can currently play at is open for discussion. Here at Accy the composition of the squad is the sole responsibility of the management.

However could you clarify your comment "it is up to the board to take the club forward"??

Again IMHO the board spend countless hours of every week driving the club forward, which I believe is a superb effort on around 1200 magnicent home fans in League 2. Yes we need to increase the fan base, but until the form at home improves is becoming increasingly difficult.

But Michael Welch...who had good games and who made a few errors in his time....and who is a 'top fella'....has No connection with the current scene at the FES whatsoever,

Which, if you think about it, makes all these postings which either praise him or villify him, totally meaningless, and add nothing to the on-going debate regarding potential weaknesses existing in 'the Reds' Defence, and
opinions which might rectify these!.

Glad to hear from elsewhere that a signing, with the strengthening of our Defence in mind, is imminent !!.

'What, me worry?'... 'ON STANLEY!....ON!'.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 14:18   #84
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Glad to hear from elsewhere that a signing, with the strengthening of our Defence in mind, is imminent !!.
It's happened...see t'fishy site!
Old 25-02-2008, 14:24   #85
God Member

Cool another Charlton player, hey whats going on we've got a giant well in comparrison to others on our team anyway, good one coley! {should shut up the 'mode' now lol]

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 17:17   #86

il see what he is like before i comment on him , but hes new to this country and league so maybe charltom have sent him here to see if he is up to this style of play in our great country
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 18:36   #87
Junior Member+

maybe dropping rocky has done him some good. Get him back in the team.
chickentikkabalti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 21:39   #88

one thing is for sure after watchin the last few weeks it made me realise rocky isnt as bad as we think he is. he is still our best centre half.
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 07:05   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickentikkabalti View Post
maybe dropping rocky has done him some good. Get him back in the team.
He wasn't dropped, he's been injured since the Peterborough game but at least maybe now some of the Rocky knockers may have realised it wasn't always his fault
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 11:25   #90
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rude-dog View Post
one thing is for sure after watchin the last few weeks it made me realise rocky isnt as bad as we think he is. he is still our best centre half.
totaly true hope he gets back in squad once hes fit!!!!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..