Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2010, 15:41   #91
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Bournemouth match thread

typical.........
Old 27-03-2010, 15:44   #92
God Member

To be expected

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 15:46   #93
God Member

Other scores aren't too bad for us though, Chesterfield & Shrews losing - hope that doesn't jinx it
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 15:51   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
The Bournemouth line-up:
Shwan Jalal, Lee Bradbury, Marvin Bartley, Shaun Cooper, Rhoys Wiggins, Josh McQuoid, Danny Hollands, Anton Robinson, Liam Feeney, Steve Fletcher, Brett Pitman
That's the goiley that played for Woking when Stanley got back to the League.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 15:52   #95
Dan
Senior Member+

A Bavs clearance just hit Feeney and went just wide.

Stoppage time

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 15:54   #96
Dan
Senior Member+

Full time

- Barry Davies

- Brian Moore
Old 27-03-2010, 15:55   #97
God Member

It's going to be a long trip home.

Cheers Dan.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 15:55   #98
God Member

Just be grateful we dont support Aston Villa................7 (seven) nill down to Chelsea!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 15:55   #99
God Member

Ah well, at least we didn't get the absolute battering that some thought we might, just got to pull out all the stops on Tuesday against Barnet.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 15:58   #100
Resting in Peace

[quote=AccyMad;800946]Ah well, at least we didn't get the absolute battering that some thought we might, just got to pull out all the stops on Tuesday against Barnet.[
What's the betting Coley picks the same starting eleven again?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 15:58   #101
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Ah well, at least we didn't get the absolute battering that some thought we might, just got to pull out all the stops on Tuesday against Barnet.
yeh probably with the same side. i cant wait.
Old 27-03-2010, 16:05   #102
Senior Member+

Least he made 3 subs lol.

Quite pleased I didnt make the trip to be honest
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 17:04   #103
Dan
Senior Member+

Match report on fishy site now.

Bye all...

- Barry Davies

- Brian Moore
Old 27-03-2010, 17:20   #104
Full Member+

I have to say I sometimes wonder if I watch the same club as some of you people on here. Please tell me, first off, why you can’t expect a team of professional footballers to play two games a week. It must be great to “work” for three hours a week! Secondly, why the “lurve” of Chris Turner? He’s started a couple of games this season and, in my eyes, has shown little to suggest that he is the answer to all our problems. Thirdly, how can we persist in starting games with a goalkeeper who has consistently proved a failure at a number of Conference clubs? Bouzer didn’t have a bad game against Rochdale – in fact, I doubt if he was to blame for any of the goals – even the last one where he was clearly trying to do his bit for the team. I wonder, but doubt, if he’ll be back on Tuesday.

I said after the Rochdale game that our biggest “miss” would be Symes, as Grant has neither the bottle nor the ability to lead the line – and so it has proved. We can’t do anything about this, as we have nobody suitable to do the job – and going on about PM scoring for Morecambe is pointless. Paul has done his job for us and, rightly in my opinion, moved on. Towards the end, he just wasn’t good enough, as Symes has so clearly shown for the majority of this season.

Now to matters off the field – you all go on about lack of transparency, especially with regard to the ground developments (Sorry this bit is slightly off topic). Have you no confidence at all in Ilyas? I know I certainly have – in fact I would say he is one of the most openly honest, passionate and transparent characters connected with any club in football today.

If you’re not happy about things, then, as he regularly says, CONTACT HIM by text or e-mail and I’m sure he would be only too happy to attempt to give you an explanation (How many other FL chairmen would offer that opportunity?) Surely this would be far better than constantly sowing seeds of discontent - or am I just an incredibly simple soul? Maybe some of you just get pleasure out of being negative.

For my part, I’m happy that we’re still in existence, that we’re having our best season on the field since the 1950’s and that I can still say with pride, wherever I go, that I am an Accrington Stanley fan – and long may it continue.

Sorry about the rant, but sometimes the amount of negativity on this board is hard to come to terms with!

Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 17:38   #105

totally agree with all points
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..