Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2012, 06:40   #1
Dan
Senior Member+

Bristol Rovers game

Greetings all...

As well as the usual coverage on the official website from the Memorial Stadium this afternoon, a little birdy tells me it might be worth listening to BBC Radio Lancashire from 3pm

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-04-2012, 14:12   #2
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Bristol Rovers game

stanley are live on radio lancs full commentry with Dan & MrT as hid side klck
Old 28-04-2012, 14:36   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
MrT as hid side klck
Does this mean he can be blamed for the current scoreline ?
Old 28-04-2012, 14:56   #4
mab
God Member

3-1 down at ht,all to do in the second half.
Old 28-04-2012, 15:44   #5
God Member

Looks like Macclesfield are minutes away from the Conference.
Old 28-04-2012, 15:49   #6
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Looks like Macclesfield are minutes away from the Conference.
Looking that way Dave 1 down
Old 28-04-2012, 15:50   #7
mab
God Member

Crawley 0 - 3 hereford Latest
Old 28-04-2012, 16:46   #8
Senior Member+

Well a disappointing result today

Though not a surprise, just hope we can stop Crawley going up
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 20:34   #9
God Member

Just got back the scoreline could could be a little deceiving as we did create some good chances that could have seen us going in 3-3 at half-time instead we were undone and ripped to pieces especially by Mustaph Carayol down the flank and the clever link up play and finsihing of Matt Harold a player at this level who has all the right attributes.

Second half we were up against it for long periods and were a little wasteful when we did have possession in giving the ball away cheaply but still managed to create another couple of chances, again plenty of endeavour by Stanley but it seems we are being punished every time we miss chances by opposing teams taking theirs.

Let's hope we can sign off in style that our play merits next week against Crawley

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 20:44   #10
Senior Member+

We were totally outclassed by a faster, bigger and more organised side. There were some good individual performances. Bavs could not be blamed for any of the goals and he made a couple of brilliant saves. Toto continued to impress with some fine tackles. But I have some worries about tactics.

Too often we seemed completely disorganised - I noted at least 3 occasions when 3 Stanley players were going for the same ball. When that happens, if a Stanley player wins it, two must be out of position making distribution that much more difficult. If an opponent still wins it, he has taken 3 Stanley players out of the game. Evans and Devitt seem to change wings far too often. It may well be an attempt to confuse the opposition but it does not help our central midfielders and defenders when they are trying to find a colleague.

Also the long ball tactic is a complete waste of time when our lone striker is several inches smaller than the two central defenders he faces. And I have to express some concerns about our lone striker. I know that Podge has his fans and he is tireless in his efforts, but just how effective is he as a striker? He could and should have had at least a couple of goals today. He was in a good position but lacked the clinical finishing skills needed.

That's my two penn'orth anyway.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 17:33   #11
Senior Member+

It could have been 3-3 before the first goal went in !! The differences to my mind were: 1) that bloody right winger who must have made McIntyre wish he'd missed the bus; 2) the comparative quality of their finishing; 3) strength on the ball. But 5-1 flattered them a lot. In a masochistic way it was quite an enjoyable afternoon - good pasties too - but like last time I went to Bristol it was blooming cold. The Ultras' fancy dress outfits didn't look too warm either .

Toto man of the match for me.
Old 30-04-2012, 05:27   #12
God Member

Got to agree on the pasties front Chimer quite simply excellent

SFFS
Old 30-04-2012, 17:18   #13
Senior Member+

Not trying to be negative as I rate cooky as a coach,but just pondering his first 17 games in charge.
3 wins, all 2-1 at home against teams in the bottom third.
No clean sheets.
Going long despite playing with two wide men .
Sligo are now top of the Irish league now he's left !!!!
I know league two is a strange division,and hope he's learned a lot during his short time in charge.
One of coleys strengths was he knew when to play tight and when to open the game up.
I know the old saying that attack is the best form of defence , but in this division I am unsure.
As I say,I am not being pessimistic,but interested what the other posters views are (suspect smudge will disagree as we never agree on anything - only joking smudge !!!!)
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 18:18   #14
God Member

Time to judge properly will be a few months into next season when he has had a chance to bring in his own players over the Summer and start to put his own mark on the team without being hampered by injuries to first team regulars.

Maybe in more ways than one the situation mirrors that of Coley at Rochdale in they have both had to work to a degree with what they had whilst trying to bring new ideas to their respective clubs?

SFFS
Old 30-04-2012, 18:26   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Time to judge properly will be a few months into next season when he has had a chance to bring in his own players over the Summer and start to put his own mark on the team without being hampered by injuries to first team regulars.

Maybe in more ways than one the situation mirrors that of Coley at Rochdale in they have both had to work to a degree with what they had whilst trying to bring new ideas to their respective clubs?
Sums up fer me in a nutshell, plus wi a small squad n many key injuries i'm amazed and pleased we done so well.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..