Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2008, 17:10   #31
Senior Member+

Re: changing rooms

Looks like he has gone back to sleep now; either that or he is composing a letter to a well known BBC tv makeover show to get Laurence Llewellyn Wotsit to come and put some chintz curtains and faux fur throws about the place !
Old 07-03-2008, 17:51   #32
Junior Member+

Old 07-03-2008, 17:54   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Casper View Post
Whalley pub sign?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 17:59   #34
Junior Member+

Do you mean the village or our esteemed chairman (new name for crown perhaps) ,both would be relevant to DM !
Old 07-03-2008, 18:40   #35

trouble is with you lot is your happy with a crap ground and league 2 football . you lot not want to progress ? on tuesday we play morecambe , a naff ground but with a new ground in the pipe line . what have we got ? a few new seats to come maybe. morecambe have crowds just over 2000 and no big backer but they are looking to the future . why cant we ?
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 18:52   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechemode View Post
on tuesday we play morecambe ,

Enjoy yourself on your own
Old 07-03-2008, 19:03   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

lonely boy for depechemode.
Old 07-03-2008, 19:03   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Enjoy yourself on your own
Snigger, guffaw etc etc...
Old 07-03-2008, 20:23   #39
God Member

Quote:
trouble is with you lot is your happy with a crap ground and league 2 football
yes we are, cos not long ago we had a crap ground and a crap team and were playing in a crap league. 38 years ago we had a clay field that couldn't soak water up, no ground, and were playing park football. 39 years ago we had nothing

Quote:
. you lot not want to progress ?
yes we do,but if the town can't substantiate it then there is no point, the townsfolk won't pay for it, can you?

Quote:
we play Morecambe .....a naff ground but with a new ground in the pipe line . what have we got ? a few new seats to come maybe. morecambe have crowds just over 2000 and no big backer
Morecambe as a town has roughly the same population as Accrington but does not have a Premiership and Championship club within 5 miles either side - sure it has Blackpool and Preston a little further afield but not quite as close as we have to suffer. Also they stopped in the Conference for about 12 years and spent all of the nineties and some of the eighties and noughties at least two leagues apart from us. They have had larger amounts of money for longer periods of time than we have and quite rightly should be better set up than us. The new ground they are building will be self funding apparently but as a town it can incorporate a hotel - we couldn't, it will incorporate a McDonalds - we couldn't, it will have floodlit community playing fields - our Council wouldn't allow it, their Community Team has been running for years and has about 500 kids signed up at any one time - we haven't as we haven't even been running a year yet.

So never mind about 'the trouble with you lot' - it's the trouble with numpties like you that we need to worry about. Impatient, jumped up brats with no life that think nowt better than belittling everything about the club they claim to support.

Nob off up to Barrow where you'd fit in better.

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 07-03-2008 at 20:27.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 21:29   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
yes we are, cos not long ago we had a crap ground and a crap team and were playing in a crap league. 38 years ago we had a clay field that couldn't soak water up, no ground, and were playing park football. 39 years ago we had nothing

yes we do,but if the town can't substantiate it then there is no point, the townsfolk won't pay for it, can you?

Morecambe as a town has roughly the same population as Accrington but does not have a Premiership and Championship club within 5 miles either side - sure it has Blackpool and Preston a little further afield but not quite as close as we have to suffer. Also they stopped in the Conference for about 12 years and spent all of the nineties and some of the eighties and noughties at least two leagues apart from us. They have had larger amounts of money for longer periods of time than we have and quite rightly should be better set up than us. The new ground they are building will be self funding apparently but as a town it can incorporate a hotel - we couldn't, it will incorporate a McDonalds - we couldn't, it will have floodlit community playing fields - our Council wouldn't allow it, their Community Team has been running for years and has about 500 kids signed up at any one time - we haven't as we haven't even been running a year yet.

So never mind about 'the trouble with you lot' - it's the trouble with numpties like you that we need to worry about. Impatient, jumped up brats with no life that think nowt better than belittling everything about the club they claim to support.

Nob off up to Barrow where you'd fit in better.
Well said! Go Macca..... Go Macca.....
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 22:00   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Well said! Go Macca..... Go Macca.....
Like I said Macca......a useless, unproductive....and provocative thread....
which I feel is intended to do nothing else but get up our collective noses !
A Lankyism to consider though :- He's more to be pitied than blamed!!'
seems apposite to me!!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:56   #42

no mind of your own again. you lot inbreeds ?
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:18   #43
God Member

ah well, back to 'ignore' then. Another Lankyism, 'tha's not as green as tha'art cabbage looking' but it doesn't apply to DM cos he is as green as he art cabbage looking
Old 08-03-2008, 08:28   #44
God Member

Depechemode = TROLL

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:29   #45

Quote:
no mind of your own again. you lot inbreeds ?
As someone who isnt a die hard- and i'll apologise now for posting on here, just wanted to give an outsider point of view.

1. I'm not an inbreed, but you do talk complete cack Depeche.

2. Yes Accy Stanley has come a long way, and I have no doubt that with the supporters it has, it will go a long way in the future

3. The financial stability of a club will be more important to an potential new player than one that has spangly curtains and so one.

4. I do however believe that with the right focus, Stanley can 'play with the big boys' even with Blackburn and Burnley on our doorstep. Granted, it will take time, but I have lost count the amount of places both inside and outside the UK, where I have spoken to people who have never heard of Blackburn, but mention Accrington Stanley and their eyes light up.

I personally believe that Accrington Stanley Management could do more working with their strengths, not only on the field, but off it, as a true business. Marketing, Google Page Ranking, fundraising etc should be given a more emphasis; get the money and the support from the community, and the council will soon click on to the financial prospect of the club and become more willing to work together.

This post is in now way knocking the achievements of Stanley so far, only that I have faith that we can go a lot further!
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..