Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2007, 20:49   #1

Craney??????????

just a thought on the supposed rumours about mr craney. one of the old cliches of football is never change a winning team. if anything does come of this rumour and we can some how pull off a major transfer coup. were would we find room for craney. i know he finished his accy carreer playin up front but i think dsane has the makings of a good partnership with mullin so i wouldnt play him there. he is an attacking midfielder so on 2days formation that puts him in direct competition with brown who i think is having a good season so far. who would be a manager eh.
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2007, 21:19   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Craney??????????

Great player that he was in the Conference I cannot say I saw a lot to write home about in the Football League matches I saw him play for Stanley.

The Swansea fans have apparently been getting on his back.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 02:18   #3
Full Member+

Never played up front. Attacking midfielder yes!! Was sorry to see him leave ( same as Gary Roberts) If by some miracle we can get him back (on loan as the Observer indicates) it would give Coley another option. I just wonder who'd make way ???

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 08:08   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Never played up front. Attacking midfielder yes!! Was sorry to see him leave ( same as Gary Roberts) If by some miracle we can get him back (on loan as the Observer indicates) it would give Coley another option. I just wonder who'd make way ???
Carden, based on yesterday.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 08:33   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Great player that he was in the Conference I cannot say I saw a lot to write home about in the Football League matches I saw him play for Stanley.
Yes, I agree with this. I fear that quite a lot of us look back and judge him on his Conference games, but I recall the mutterings around the FES at his indifferent start in the League. He was caught in possession too often and his passing was wayward. I'm sure he did play up front in a few games before he left and he looked more of a threat there than in midfield.

Paul Carden was disappointing yesterday. If we are going to keep yesterday's formation, I would much prefer Rommy Boco to Carden.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 08:50   #6
Senior Member+

Carden's passing was poor at times, but he broke up play quite well, even though he isn't fit. I don't think Boco would be able to do that, although he would add something going forward.
Old 23-09-2007, 09:15   #7

does anybody have a link to the article about craney please, i cant find it!!!!!!
Old 23-09-2007, 16:08   #8

Some short memories amongst you lot. Nobody really excelled last season but we managed to survive which wernt bad for a young side with hardly any league experience in the team.

He already had about 6 or 7 goals last season before he left I seem to recall. Nobody else in the current midfield has quite the goal threat and quality he has from set pieces.

I'm sure Coley will mix things up and it will be good to have more competition for places won't it?
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 17:49   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
I'm sure Coley will mix things up and it will be good to have more competition for places won't it?
Not when we wouldn't be able to afford the wages of all this midfield competition!

To be honest, I think we've got better options in the squad we have.
Harris (daft tackles aside), Carden, and especially Proctor all deserve first 16 places. Harris & Proctor have come into their own this season (in my humble) and Carden (when fully fit) will prove to be a great addition to the squad as he looks to be able to add qualities to the squad reminiscent of Marshy in the Unibond days.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 18:24   #10

The wages are a matter for Eric and Coley. If they can't afford his wages then it won't happen but it may depend on what percentage of his wage Swansea will be willing to pay whilst he is on loan. For whatever reason he isn't getting in their 16 so they maybe willing to pay his wages in full or at least a good chunk.

Competition for places and a stronger squad is a good thing for a team. The 1-0 win against Mansfield, a side who have let bucket fulls of goals in already shouldn't make us forget the 3 previous defeats against Oldham, Peterborough and Shrewsbury.

I hope we manage to get him back until January at least as I think Mullers especially will benefit from his delivery at set pieces.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 18:38   #11
God Member

bearing in mind that other teams wanted him and were willing to pay money for him I would a) expect them to get first refusal and b) it would more than upset the 34 other midfielders trying to get a place who we would be left with when he has gone again.

Personally I'd stick with what we have.
Old 23-09-2007, 18:43   #12
Senior Member+

But don't forget, he scored a cracker, at Morecambe Bay.

IF Craney came back and we've already got Evil, then who'd be next to come back? All we'd need is Prendergoose and we'd have a full set!!!
Old 23-09-2007, 19:21   #13
God Member

Loooooooootellllllllllllllllll
Old 23-09-2007, 19:21   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
But don't forget, he scored a cracker, at Morecambe Bay.

IF Craney came back and we've already got Evil, then who'd be next to come back? All we'd need is Prendergoose and we'd have a full set!!!
Nonsense!!! We all know the only midfielder we would ever want to bring back is the one and only BARRY SHUTTLEWORTH!!!!
Old 23-09-2007, 19:44   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
IF Craney came back and we've already got Evil, then who'd be next to come back?
The Gouck!

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..