Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2011, 22:13   #91

Re: Crewe Thread

From Crewe Manager Dario Gradi on the Crewe Website:

Credit to Accrington though. I thought they looked one of the best sides we have faced this season. They looked as though they were from a different division in the first half. Their centre forward was a real handful and they have scored three goals against us.

I thought that when David Artell had scored a great goal then we could go on to win the game but that would have been harsh on Accrington because they were better than us tonight.

SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2011, 22:18   #92
Senior Member+

Agree with shakermaker,but its not concentration they need to guard against but the giving away needless freekicks around the area.
Acci are not the biggest of teams and on another day it may prove costly.
Thought the back four played there three flying machines very well,but the m o m should have been Gornell who was brilliant again,providing the target for the outlet ball and bringing others into play.
Keeper also did well when called upon.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 22:28   #93
Senior Member+

this result me makes me so proud as a footballing club not a football club as so much needs to prove that to me yet ..........all hail king coley and jimmy and the fantastic team in red and white...so much respect
Old 22-02-2011, 22:40   #94
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good summary also from Coley, though can excuse the "Flat Spots" he talks of, Crewe were a damn good footballing side n yeh can expect periods when they had the edge. thankfully only short periods tonight cos oer 90 mins Stanley outplayed em.
Old 22-02-2011, 22:59   #95

Is it too early to look forward to the League 1 derby against Preston next year?

Last edited by Alvin the chipmunk; 22-02-2011 at 23:05.
Alvin the chipmunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 23:00   #96

Preston fan in peace here.

My auntie lives in Accrington so she decided she wanted to go on a game so I came along and went on the terraced stand (no idea what it's name is).

Great atmosphere from the start, and saw two great teams play good football on a bad surface. I got involved in the singing too and loved the Gornell chant. Craney scored a thunderbolt as well which was good. Liked Gornell and Ryan, two players who had class and who i'd definately want at Preston.

All in all I was impressed. Definately going to come on again another game.
pnefcben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 23:01   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Is it too early forward to the League 1 derby against Preston next year?
Probably Alvin, but we can dream.
Old 22-02-2011, 23:01   #98
Senior Member+

I thought Hessey had a really good game, especially first half. All the goals were good, but Craney's goal brilliant. Both sides deserve credit for putting on such a good game on that pitch.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 23:10   #99
God Member

Gutted I missed it due to work, brilliant result for us, well done red men!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 23:30   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
From Crewe Manager Dario Gradi on the Crewe Website:

Credit to Accrington though. I thought they looked one of the best sides we have faced this season. They looked as though they were from a different division in the first half. Their centre forward was a real handful and they have scored three goals against us.

I thought that when David Artell had scored a great goal then we could go on to win the game but that would have been harsh on Accrington because they were better than us tonight.

Great praise indeed,from 1 of the top guys in the game, Respect.
Old 23-02-2011, 00:05   #101
God Member

Stanley fully deserved that win, whacking credit to C and B, 6 points from 6 against Wycombe and Crewe was way too much to ask but we have it.

Craneys goal, BANG. can't say much more but the only better goal he has scored for us was against Morecambe - and thats probably the only reason it was a better goal.

McConvilles goal, sorry lad I thought it was Gornell til you turned and showed the 11 shirt! Good composure, evaded 3 Crewe attempts at challenges and finished well - probably the goal of the game for me and up against Craneys' thats saying summat.

Gornell - not having seen much football this season, but having reaed plenty from our more 'educated' posters, I watched Gornell a little closer tonight. And I agree 100%, he was immense. Was nice to hear that he finally has a song of his own from the SU. Must admit I didnt like it when I read it on the Ultras site, but it sounded way better in reality.

Big performance again from the Reds, can we manage it again against Torquay? 9 from 9 would really put us back in the mix, but this is the 'easiest' of the three games!
Old 23-02-2011, 05:27   #102
God Member

I think Stanley can play when we play against the footballing side in the division

Which is what Crewe were, my only concern first half is we looked scared to have a pop at the target and were almost guilty of trying to walk it into the net and a few players looked nervous of having a shot?

Second half super stuff all three second half goals were quality finishes, we held firm and defended resolutely, inspired substitution to bring about Stanley's third.

I thought Luke Joyce did ever so well breaking the play up nicely and Hessey looks back to his self assured best, once again for me as others MOM Mr. Gornell amazing work rate only down side for Stanley is sometimes is lack of support from midfield getting onto the ball when he has it after a long ball forward but works tirelessly & adds much to the team.

A good game overall, three very good points against a good footballing side and some footy to watch.

A good night to be a Red

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 06:33   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Well done Stanley.

With Michael Symes missing the penalty he won against my other side a good evening all in all.

Hope Springs eternal that they might be playing other in League 1 next season instead of League 2.
Not being negative or anything, but we'll be like Hereford if we go up unless Accrington Stanley en route to the Championship brings in an investor.

Only lost 4 of our last 16 games. Nice little run
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 08:05   #104
God Member

Brilliant, just brilliant.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 08:49   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnefcben View Post
Preston fan in peace here.

My auntie lives in Accrington so she decided she wanted to go on a game so I came along and went on the terraced stand (no idea what it's name is).

Great atmosphere from the start, and saw two great teams play good football on a bad surface. I got involved in the singing too and loved the Gornell chant. Craney scored a thunderbolt as well which was good. Liked Gornell and Ryan, two players who had class and who i'd definately want at Preston.

All in all I was impressed. Definately going to come on again another game.
He's got the Stanley Bug

Cracking win last night. Gornell, Barnett and Ryan were a different class.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..