Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2011, 09:03   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Crewe Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnefcben View Post
Preston fan in peace here.

My auntie lives in Accrington so she decided she wanted to go on a game so I came along and went on the terraced stand (no idea what it's name is).

Great atmosphere from the start, and saw two great teams play good football on a bad surface. I got involved in the singing too and loved the Gornell chant. Craney scored a thunderbolt as well which was good. Liked Gornell and Ryan, two players who had class and who i'd definately want at Preston.

All in all I was impressed. Definately going to come on again another game.
As an away fan????

Sorry could not resist that, glad you enjoyed your first Stanley experience and may you have many more, any chance you may be turning red? Welcome to the club

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 23-02-2011 at 09:07.
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2011, 09:13   #107
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

good on yer mate, yer aunt also enjoyed it i hope?
Old 23-02-2011, 10:06   #108
Dan
Senior Member+

Match reaction from Sean McConville - ASFC News Story > 3887

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 12:11   #109
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
a ref who deserves much credit fer letting the game flow,

No matter which football meassage board you read the ref always seems to have had a good game when your team has won
Old 23-02-2011, 14:13   #110

Good well fought win. And well earned three points. A good game from Craney for a change. Hope he continues to put the effort in. Bring on Torquay.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 15:43   #111
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Anyone know if Whalley showed his face at last nights match?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 16:15   #112
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Anyone know if Whalley showed his face at last nights match?
was told none were yon baggy.
Old 23-02-2011, 16:17   #113
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Might come back to the fold then Saturday. (Shurm are you with me?)

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 16:30   #114
God Member

Quote:

None ?
Old 23-02-2011, 16:32   #115
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
None ?
none of the whalleys.
Old 23-02-2011, 16:34   #116
God Member

Quote:
none of the whalleys.
OK just clarifying which none you meant
Old 23-02-2011, 16:35   #117
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Might come back to the fold then Saturday. (Shurm are you with me?)
I went last night despite me stilling having issues, time to step up to the plate
Old 23-02-2011, 16:42   #118
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresonlyoneaccy View Post
Only lost 4 of our last 16 games. Nice little run
And only lost 8 all season - only Chesterfield (4) doing better on that fromt. Wycombe, Shrewsbury, Bury and Torquay also L 8 - everyone else more.

We do tend to get a bit over-excited on here, but looking at the table and the fixtures does suggest most of the hardest games should be behind us - standfast away to Gills and Shrews. Having said that, of course we're quite likely to drop points at home to Barnet, Bradford, Burton, Hereford and Stockport - even though they're currently 5 of the bottom 6

On Stanley On ... with cautious optimism on and off the pitch.
Old 23-02-2011, 17:04   #119
ROI
Junior Member+

What I can't understand is why Coley insists in playing Craney.Take last nights game against Crewe, to the untrained eye it may have seemed that the way he evaded tackles and played the ball through to an unmarked Barnett [whose finish was brillant] was good play but to the trained eye the ball obviously just got caught in his studs and in trying to get the ball off it luckily went to Barnett. In the second half Craneys goal, to the trained eye, was obviously a mis**** cross/ come shot / backpass which trickled into the net, Craneys fitness level is 110% at the moment after having an enforced break due to the transfer saga so really should be scoring hattricks every game , this is why Coley must have brought him off last night knowing that he is 110% per cent fit and still mediocre.
ROI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 17:09   #120
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROI View Post
What I can't understand is why Coley insists in playing Craney.Take last nights game against Crewe, to the untrained eye it may have seemed that the way he evaded tackles and played the ball through to an unmarked Barnett [whose finish was brillant] was good play but to the trained eye the ball obviously just got caught in his studs and in trying to get the ball off it luckily went to Barnett. In the second half Craneys goal, to the trained eye, was obviously a mis**** cross/ come shot / backpass which trickled into the net, Craneys fitness level is 110% at the moment after having an enforced break due to the transfer saga so really should be scoring hattricks every game , this is why Coley must have brought him off last night knowing that he is 110% per cent fit and still mediocre.
LOLZ!!

Posted via Mobile Device
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..