Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-12-2010, 20:15   #31

Re: Former Liverpool Players

John Paul Kissock now plays for southport
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-12-2010, 21:48   #32
Senior Member+

i am glad hes fixed up,but he was talked up as the next rooney at everton,and played in the scottish prem league at an early age,Indeed i am sure he played for england at school boy level.
The point i was trying to make is footballs an unforgiving industry,if you think you have made it and become big time,when in reality you have not.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2010, 21:52   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thats a very valid point football19, have known a few of those personally.
Old 14-12-2010, 16:34   #34

I think football 19 talks rubbish most of the time but I have to agree on most things about chris. But in his defence most wide players are judged on how many crosses they get in it isn't his fault if others don't get in the box. That said I don't understand the clamour for him to play.
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 17:39   #35
Senior Member+

thanks for the vote of confidence rude dog!!,
I presume its my opinions you find rubbish,fair enough,its just opinions,
Being an expert yourself,any chance of giving us 8 results for saturday and then i will conceed you are the font of all football knowledge !!!!!
Old 14-12-2010, 20:05   #36
Senior Member+

Peter Cavanagh, Former club captain and 1 of my ex-favourite players until the well publicised problem. On the pitch was a good full back on his day and could hit a superb free kick but too injury prone and left at the right time.

Jimmy Ryan, Currently our best player by a country mile in my opinion. Basically runs the midfield, scores goals and has an unbelievable work rate. Time will tell how long we can keep him.

Andy Parkinson, Has had a decent impact in the squad and has scored a couple of goals helping the cause.

Ray Putterill, Great to see he is over his injury problems and was on fire at the start of the season, such a shame he was banned as it seems to have affected his game. However against Oldham he was outstanding and fingers crossed he can re-discover his touch.

John Miles, Without doubt the laziest player I have ever seen, not only at Stanley, but around the world! How on earth he ever played 95 games for us is beyond me, as he must have put in no more than 8 good performances. A goal scoring midfielder???? 95 league games for Stanley, 6 League goals.

Dean Bouzanis, A very good young prospect of a keeper, and was part of that magical run at the start of 2010. I will certainly never forget him running the full length of the pitch to celebrate with the lads when Symes scored against Fulham. Unfortunately 1 mistake away at Northampton cost him his place and he was in and out of the side all season after that. A shame he is about 5th choice at Anfield as I believe he could make it.

Ian Dunbavin, I will hold my hand up and admit he has improved beyond all recognition this season. Brilliant shot stopper and expert at penalties, he still doesnt half give you nightmares on occasion though with his decision making still being an issue.

Andy Owens, Young defender only seen on a few occasions but looks to have decent potential.

Craig Lindfield, Looked a fantastic young talent at Liverpool and whilst on loan at Notts County a few seasons ago. Seems to have lost a yard of pace for some reason and fingers crossed a loan spell at Kidderminster can re-ignite his passion and fitness.

Charlie Barnett, 1 of Coleman's best summer signings for me alongside Hessey. Similar to Jimmy Ryan a ball winning and creative midfielder. Great fitness and just hoping he can carry on how he has been playing, especially away at Vale in the Cup loss where he ran the game.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 21:23   #37
God Member

for me the clamour regarding Chris Turner stems from him winning something like five man of the match awards in his first eight games for us! His debut at Rochdale was fantastic (although we got stuffed I think) and he always had the ball, always looked to do something positive with it and beat the man.

Pleasing to watch football for me does not involve weaving pretty little patterns with the ball and seeing how many triangles one can make - it involves goal mouth scrambles and wingers provide these. "If tha dunt punt it forrard tha'll ne'er scooer" as some owd biddy probably once said
Old 14-12-2010, 21:25   #38
God Member

oh yeah and then after that fantastic mid season cameo he turned down at least a couple of offers from higher league teams to stay and reward Stanley for giving him his chance through the Youth set up. To thank him for this he got injured and has never had a run since
Old 15-12-2010, 08:54   #39
Senior Member+

Smudge,Cant fault any of your opinions there!,Although i still feel Razor is not as fit as he was,and looks to be carrying a bit of excess weight,judging by pics of him at the start of the season.
Think if he gets his engine in order,his undoubted class will once again shine through

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..