Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2010, 21:16   #46

Re: good luck :)

no date yet dave lots of paper work etc ......ppl will be kept updated
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-11-2010, 05:11   #47
God Member

Maybe a carefully worded petition may help?

I am sure most fans would only be too happy to sign one and may carry a bit of sway, particulary as you pointed out earlier in the thread Katei it would show unity from the Stanley family

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 07:59   #48
Senior Member+

After talking to some blackburn fans and a burnley fan collegue, it seem lancashire police football lot have made many enemys with brutal policing and closed ranks post investigation.
There day of reckoning will come, it appears long over due. Cant come soon enough.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 08:14   #49
God Member

If anyone is to start an appeal fund, I'll chuck in a few $$. Can't think of a better cause.
FREEDOM FOR THE ACCRINGTON 1
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 08:54   #50
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katei77 View Post
agree they could of done more but they have the chance now to step up to the mark lets see if they do
Its far harder to have a judgement overturned once its been made, you have to remember those hearing the appeal will probably already have an opinion on football hooliganism and may have never been to a match in their lives
Old 30-11-2010, 09:45   #51
Senior Member+

I think we need as an internet collective to search the web for a couple of things:-
any case were a club backed a fan in order to have a banning order overturned
any other fans who have had a banning order overturned or reduced.

I think if the club could see that another club had done it before it could help them grow a pair ;-)

Stephen
Old 30-11-2010, 10:48   #52
God Member

Bristol Rovers a few weeks ago

doesn't seem to be a lot around on google but i'll post on a couple of forums and see what comes back.

incidentally the home office website describes banning orders as The purpose of football banning orders is to prevent known football hooligans from causing further trouble at home and abroad. Bans last between 2 and 10 years, and the precise conditions can be tailored on a case-by-case basis. which doesn't seem to tally with this case. Perhaps a good lawyer would be able to successfully argue that point alone?

Another forum mentioned something about being able to contest the final year of an FBO on the grounds of good behaviour etc etc. A couple of posters came back with it is possible and can be acheived but the costs are around £400 and there is no guarantee that the case will be heard let alone approved.

It seems to me that the point to emphasis is that Jason is neither a hooligan nor a thug and the community service and fine is more than sufficient for the crime to which he pleaded (pled?) guilty. A trawl through umpteen websites over the last couple of seasons should provide more than enough ammo as to his real character
Old 30-11-2010, 11:09   #53
Resting in Peace

IMHO Jase has already served a long enough sentence by observing the voluntary(?) ban which has had such a detrimental effect on the Clayton end and, to a lesser extent, our away support. His 3 year ban is a real miscarriage of justice.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 11:48   #54
Senior Member+

good work macca

lets see if we can find anymore
Old 30-11-2010, 12:36   #55
God Member

I feel more sick at the thought of Jason being banned than I do about the Cardboard Millionaire still lording it over the club he deserted.
What a sad state of affairs all round.
Fans 0 - Fluorescent Bully Boys 1 (pen, 101 mins)
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 13:37   #56

Myself and linda contacted the FSF within a few days of the NUFC game they offered support with complaints etc......sadly no formal complaints were passed to myself or linda so we were unable to move forward with the FSF and ASFC.

The FSF work with fans who are unfairly treated by stewards/police/courts they have helped fans have banning orders over turned.

I am now back in touch with FSF and will update as information comes through.

We have hope
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 16:20   #57
Senior Member+

Thanks for all the support lads & lassies...

The fight will go on, Stanley Forever!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 16:23   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Keep at it jase.
Old 30-11-2010, 18:14   #59
Resting in Peace

Dedicated Accrington Stanley fan to fight banning order (From Lancashire Telegraph)
This on the LT web site
Old 30-11-2010, 19:32   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Oh, I didn't know it was a magistate's court. No wonder he was banned! I know any number of magistrates who bring their prejudices into court.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..