Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2010, 19:38   #61

Re: good luck :)

as far as i am aware the appeal will be at crown court
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-11-2010, 21:20   #62
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Been on port vale forum to see if any vale fan had been successfull in having a banning order over turned and waiting for a pm off one such fan.... also suggestions have been interesting,one such suggesion is
Quote:
alternatively if he's a friend of the chairman then he can get it overturned
now wheather this is true or not i dont know, but must be worth atry....
Old 30-11-2010, 21:26   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

alternatively if he's a friend of the chairman then he can get it overturned ............. is anyone?
Old 30-11-2010, 21:27   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
alternatively if he's a friend of the chairman then he can get it overturned ............. is anyone?

Everybody is, you're getting confused with Chairman and MD
lancsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 21:28   #65
God Member

Here's one that got it overturned

Birmingham Mail - News - Top Stories - Aston Villa fan Kevin Akram wins battle to overturn football banning order
lancsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 21:32   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Everybody is, you're getting confused with Chairman and MD
Nah its the fishy site thats confused. is it not gospel?
Old 30-11-2010, 21:57   #67
Super Moderator

Think the confusion on t'fishy site is that they haven't lined the "positions" column up with the "names" column properly.
Old 30-11-2010, 23:12   #68
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Been on port vale forum to see if any vale fan had been successfull in having a banning order over turned and waiting for a pm off one such fan
Heres the pm i got
Quote:
Hi Mark.

My case involved being arrested after allegedly going onto the pitch at Crewe away last season. It's slightly different as I defended myself in magistrates court against the bogus claims of the copper, and was found not guilty after presenting video evidence supplied by Crewe Alex. As for physically appealing against a ban, I wouldn't know where to start. I know that you can appeal to the court that you were banned at to have it lifted once 2/3rds has been spent. This almost always gets granted to my knowledge, but naturally this is no consolation to the bloke involved. I personally think it would be a very long and arduous task to appeal against the ban, particularly considering that he pleaded guilty to the offense, and was no doubt aware that the CPS had made an application to the court to seek a ban.

Sorry that I can't be any more assistance, but feel free to keep me informed of any progress made in the case.
dont know if it helps or not

Last edited by mab; 30-11-2010 at 23:16.
mab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:00   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Oh, I didn't know it was a magistate's court. No wonder he was banned! I know any number of magistrates who bring their prejudices into court.
were else would the case have been heard
Old 01-12-2010, 10:37   #70

Some useful information on footballbanningorders.net Home. It confirms that there is a right of appeal to the Crown Court against the making of a football banning order by magistrates in both criminal and civil cases. Also recommends a firm of solicitors (CJH Solicitors incorporating Greenhill Cooper of Derby) as nationally recognised experts in relation to defending football banning orders.

I think the ban is an absolute travesty. I've never spoken to Jason but I've certainly seen him around at both home and away games and know that he's no thug. Police tactics were certaily disproportionate that night, to say the least. As we came out the Main Stand we were nearly mown down by the cavalry charge of police horses racing through the carpark to clear the Clayton End.

Should the Ultras consider swallowing their pride re the flags ban so some massive banners in Jason's support could be displayed?

SOS 105 / c491
cast42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:35   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

That i think is a great idea cast42, banner fer jases return may just get on national tv if displayed at the crown, summat well worth consideration. IMHO.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:40   #72

I found this article a while back. Interesting reading. Did anyone realise that we were training probationers that night.

The bit highlighted in red annoys me most.

A great match - and probation won

Although Accrington Stanley lost 3-2 to Premier League opposition Newcastle United, it was a great evening and testament to West Yorkshire Probation Trust and its partners' commitment to protecting the public, reducing reoffending and supporting offenders to gain additional skills to help them into employment.
In partnership with Acorn Centre Todmorden, West Yorkshire Probation (WYP) enlisted Cliff Edens of RPL Safety Consultancy to run certificated Stewarding and Events Management training for 10 offenders through an LSC Skills for Jobs funded course run by the Acorn Centre. The training was put into practice on 25 August at Accrington Stanley’s home Carling Cup clash with Newcastle. Current and former stewarding trainees who are, or have been, under WYP supervision joined other stewards to ensure the 5,000 fans enjoyed the match in safety.
The stewarding course has been very successful. Former graduate, Gino, now works regularly for RPL Safety Consultancy at a variety of sporting and leisure events – and Gary was encouraged to stick with this line of work, a real positive as he has a young son to help provide for.

Mike Schultz Safety Officer for Accrington Stanley Football Club said they are: "very pleased to help these offenders gain experiences and skills to get back into work. We believe in people having a second chance and this scheme helps to give offenders a fresh start."
Cliff Edens, RPL Safety Consultancy, added: “I am impressed with the offenders’ commitment to the work and I have now employed a number of them at outdoor events throughout the summer. There are a number of jobs in the security industry and I really hope that the students will be successful in their applications. Today, they all worked really hard in difficult situations. One of the students helped the Police take a struggling prisoner to the van. He liked that feeling, being on the right side of the law!”
Richard Milczanowski, WYPT Skills for Work Officer is delighted with the project and partnership: “Without doubt we have established good working practice between our respective organisations as we have now completed the third cohort of learners, who have achieved a national level 1 qualification in stewarding.”
The offenders who have finished their probation supervision are undertaking a National Vocational Qualification Level 2 in Matchday Stewarding through Accrington Stanley FC.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:49   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Perhaps some of those clowns were earning "Brownie Points" towards getting a job?
Old 01-12-2010, 14:01   #74

load of crpa. i had a good two hours locked up for £80.00 that nite . nice. was nice sing in the van with the over two. no names
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 16:27   #75
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
I found this article a while back. Interesting reading. Did anyone realise that we were training probationers that night.

The bit highlighted in red annoys me most.

Although Accrington Stanley lost 3-2 to Premier League opposition Newcastle United, it was a great evening and testament to West Yorkshire Probation Trust and its partners' commitment to protecting the public, reducing reoffending and supporting offenders to gain additional skills to help them into employment.
In partnership with Acorn Centre Todmorden, West Yorkshire Probation (WYP) enlisted Cliff Edens of RPL Safety Consultancy to run certificated Stewarding and Events Management training for 10 offenders through an LSC Skills for Jobs funded course run by the Acorn Centre. The training was put into practice on 25 August at Accrington Stanley’s home Carling Cup clash with Newcastle. Current and former stewarding trainees who are, or have been, under WYP supervision joined other stewards to ensure the 5,000 fans enjoyed the match in safety.
The stewarding course has been very successful. Former graduate, Gino, now works regularly for RPL Safety Consultancy at a variety of sporting and leisure events – and Gary was encouraged to stick with this line of work, a real positive as he has a young son to help provide for.

Mike Schultz Safety Officer for Accrington Stanley Football Club said they are: "very pleased to help these offenders gain experiences and skills to get back into work. We believe in people having a second chance and this scheme helps to give offenders a fresh start."
Cliff Edens, RPL Safety Consultancy, added: “I am impressed with the offenders’ commitment to the work and I have now employed a number of them at outdoor events throughout the summer. There are a number of jobs in the security industry and I really hope that the students will be successful in their applications. Today, they all worked really hard in difficult situations. One of the students helped the Police take a struggling prisoner to the van. He liked that feeling, being on the right side of the law!”
Richard Milczanowski, WYPT Skills for Work Officer is delighted with the project and partnership: “Without doubt we have established good working practice between our respective organisations as we have now completed the third cohort of learners, who have achieved a national level 1 qualification in stewarding.”
The offenders who have finished their probation supervision are undertaking a National Vocational Qualification Level 2 in Matchday Stewarding through Accrington Stanley FC.
Aha! It all becomes clear now. Provoking a problem in order to justify your jobsworth. Disgusting, and shame on Mick Schulz for endorsing it! I'm beginning to fall out of love with this club.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..