Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2011, 17:38   #151
God Member

Smile Re: Ground Capacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
load of crap moving the home fans down there.
Why do you say that Macca??? All standing terrace, plus Team runs out in front of us??? No roof... bring it on!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-02-2011, 17:38   #152

Re: Ground Capacity

I can't see it happening myself.....but would be delighted if it did. ACCRINGTON fans should be in the end closest to ACCRINGTON.
Old 03-02-2011, 17:46   #153
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
load of crap moving the home fans down there.
I'm not suggesting that Rob fare from it! A half n half coppice could be good when teams with only a few hundred or less followingclayton end is the home end and that wont change..the away end as it stands will have a capacity of around 1500 standing i would imagine when works finished on the stand plus over 300 seats for away fans in the whinney thats 1800plus,which wont be filled by meany clubs,so half the coppice on certain games and open it up to stanley fans ..
Old 03-02-2011, 17:48   #154
God Member

Points of the Roof
Not open to the elements
Acoustically more noise generated under the roof particulary a big plus & twelth man against the Clubs like Bradford & Bury that bring big numbers
If given over to away fans it may encourage more visiting numbers

No Roof
Noise drifts to the wide blue yonder
nice when sun shines
drenched when raining or freezing when cold & windy

Splitting it into two
return to the 70's and segregation how it used to be, no don't like that idea

Happy as I am Thanks

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 18:43   #155
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
I can't see it happening myself.....but would be delighted if it did. ACCRINGTON fans should be in the end closest to ACCRINGTON.
In principal I agree, always have done.

Quote:
load of crap moving the home fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Why do you say that Macca??? All standing terrace, plus Team runs out in front of us??? No roof... bring it on!!!!!
we complained and campaigned for years to have a roof and now we have I quite like staying dry at home games.
1) if we moved to a half and half and kept the Clayton End as a home end then we'd have to suffer constant being moved back again when a larger following is expected. ABSOLUTELY NO.
2) having the Coppice End ONLY would mean that there would be a significant drop in the noise support for us and a massive gain for away fans. The likes of Bradford and Bury dont sing for 90 but when they do sing they are loud, a roof would encourage them to sing for longer and louder. ABSOLUTELY NO.

If the day ever comes that a roof is put on that end then I'd move back like a shot whether it is bigger, smaller, better facilities or not. But that day is not due any time soon so shove the idea.

oh yeah and thirdly, if that ever was or is the plan then thank you very much for consulting the people who it concerns ie the residents of the Clayton End. If it never was or is the plan then please bear in mind that consultation would be nice. Please approach the OSC to garner opinion.
Old 03-02-2011, 19:43   #156

Cracking idea that grimps, If we did have the coppice end, firstly the players come out to the home fans, and secondly going on the last few games stanley would be kicking towards the home fans in the second half, Coppice home end bring it on
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 19:52   #157

not bad at all.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 20:41   #158
God Member

Moving ends would that also have an effect on income streams?

Would people stay away if they were not in a covered end or would it increase numbers?

Would people be more frequent in a visit to the Club shop or Sports Bar if they perhaps came down Livingstone Road and went in what is currently the away end that way rather than coming past the Club shop or the Sports Bar to the Clayton End?

It may have a minimal effect I don't know but that's the bigger picture

SFFS
Old 03-02-2011, 20:45   #159
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

not fer me, as pendle red says- no roof = crap sound, plus soaked when raining,the sound generated by a few in Clayton end is magnificent, all that would be lost wi no roof,
Old 03-02-2011, 21:10   #160
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

No need to worry about coppice becoming half n half or becoming home end,it stays the away end and thats that,I had put the half n half idear to Mick S back in november but he said it wouldn't happen for a few reasons really mainly!!Control box needs to be over looking the away fans, and not enough facilitys ie toilets n refreshment for 2 sets of supporters and the fact the away fans can leave the ground quickly and away from the main stadium.
Old 03-02-2011, 21:41   #161
God Member

well that's that settled then!
Old 03-02-2011, 21:41   #162
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
No need to worry about coppice becoming half n half or becoming home end,it stays the away end and thats that,I had put the half n half idear to Mick S back in november but he said it wouldn't happen for a few reasons really mainly!!Control box needs to be over looking the away fans, and not enough facilitys ie toilets n refreshment for 2 sets of supporters and the fact the away fans can leave the ground quickly and away from the main stadium.
Sorry Mab but I fear you have been spun a yarn there. I have seen the away end split into two for certain games and 2 retail units have been on that end. Also, there are toilet facilities at either end (or were). Also there is a gate halfway down the rear of the stand to stop supporters from venturing into the other half. Think it was used for an FA cup match when those that had tickets for the coppice end were sent to the turnstiles nearest livingstone road and those with tickets for the cow shed went to the bottom turnstiles. Gate was shut over on the right of the Coppice end terrace and also at the rear of the terrace to stop persons going between the two.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 22:33   #163

In reply to pendle reds post about fans staying away if they are going to get wet,if my memory serves me correctly the clayton end was always packed in the last season in the conference,and quite busy in the first season back in the league.Then we get the much called for roof and the numbers on the clayton end fell rapidly,maybe going back to the open terrace is not such a bad idea,it might even have the adverse effect and bring back those missing fans.We never gave a toss about getting wet,freezing our t*ts off and we still gave it our all with singing,flags etc.It's just a thought but !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:31   #164
God Member

Hi Afrikaaner

You may be right about an open terrace but I think the there are perhaps more reasons numbers dwindled in the fact it was a successful season in terms of being at the Top always brings it own success in terms of numbers, interest, sponsorship, feelgood factor etc. and the "Holy Grail" was achieved in terms of promotion back to the Football League and there was the perhaps failure of the Club to build on that "Golden Goose" period by keping punters coming back for whatever reason?

Whether some fans or walk on's viewed it as mission accomplished in terms of being back in the FL likewise the Club is up for debate?

But there can't be the syndrome of looking back all the time of how things used to be, yes learn lessons from it but as a business it has to ever evolving and moving forward.

Which means from a Club point of view engaging, proactiveness, awareness and transparency of everything and everyone around them from supporters, council, community & anyone who comes into contact with them tick them and you are well on your way

SFFS
Old 04-02-2011, 09:47   #165
God Member

The council aren't happy with us - what a surprise
www.lancashireeveningtelegraph/accringtonstanley
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..